Emmanuel Acho

Rockethorn1978

I'm definitely no Acho fan at all but isn't it kinda what tyler adams said at the world cup and was praised for it? I didn't think adams answer was all that outstanding either, but i'm a dirty BLM lib, so ...

Tyler adams is a fuckin baller tho, so maybe thats the difference. Acho was a scrub.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I think Acho's ability to unite haters from exact opposite ends of the race issue spectrum is... well... fascinating...

I mean.. he deserves every bit of it, he is the guy I wish never played here so we can just write him off completely. My only hope is that he doesnt lean into it and try to become another Stephen A.

Kinda related to topic, but First Things First is a legitimately good and entertaining show, where good points are argued/debated, and the personalities of the people on that show really mesh together well. I have a lot of fun watching it.

Speak, on the other hand, is trash.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I'm too white to say anything, but my goodness, Black Twitter is brutal. 

Truth is, a lot of the "social justice" social media sphere is brutal.  It's just a series of litmus tests without nuance or subtlety.

That's not to say that social justice is an unworthy "cause," at all.  But they have quite the capacity to be as stupid and cultish as trumpkin types.

The commonality is stupid people dealing with complex and subtle subject matter.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

I'm definitely no Acho fan at all but isn't it kinda what tyler adams said at the world cup and was praised for it? I didn't think adams answer was all that outstanding either, but i'm a dirty BLM lib, so ...

Tyler adams is a fuckin baller tho, so maybe thats the difference. Acho was a scrub.

Reporter is a cunt.  He should have called him a cunt and told him his Aussie friends refer that to as a term of endearment.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is kind of absurd.  What he said was true and accurate, at least the generational trauma part. That his family may have suffered some other "generational trauma" is pretty utterly irrelevant.  Trauma is not fungible and colonization isn't the same as slavery plus Jim Crow.

He's definitely a "try hard" and that can be annoying as fuck, but he's pretty sincere most of the time.

I believe New Order covered this part (Blue Monday) best with line "Tell me now, how do I feel."   

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This is kind of absurd.  What he said was true and accurate, at least the generational trauma part. That his family may have suffered some other "generational trauma" is pretty utterly irrelevant.  Trauma is not fungible and colonization isn't the same as slavery plus Jim Crow.

He's definitely a "try hard" and that can be annoying as fuck, but he's pretty sincere most of the time.

no, what he said was stupid and inaccurate.

and equating Black Twitter to "social justice" social media is a pointer you have no clue here.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I mean, he's not exactly wrong and Caleb Williams is the exact me first player to do it. Honestly, playing more might expose his weaknesses to pro teams than sitting out would expose his awful leadership. 

Travis Hunter got absolutely blasted on social media for playing video games while CU was playing, which was due to him being injured.

Not sure it’s a great PR idea to set up the scenario where there’s a news story every week to track what CW is doing instead of leading his team.

You can tell Dusty D has an Oklahoma education.

1. He "hates" someones opinion on a kids career, earnings, and future. Think about how low life that is. 

2. He suppposedly "understands" this opinion but still has the need to post a comment after "understanding" the opinion. 

3. He uses two adjectives of the same meaning and thinks it reinforces his opinion. 

4. He says it is Achos "Platform" when Acho does not own the platform. The platform is owned by company. 

5. Final hyprocitical comment of him saying, "Be better".  Remember when you threatened a girl with a screwdriver Dusty? 

I am nuetral on the subject but Dustys opinion is comical, biased, and ignorant. 

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, TexasMan said:

More stupidity incoming:

I watched the end of that game.  I don't know him but Caleb seems to be quite the douche.  He sat on that bench while everyone else was on the field talking with the other team/players and just sulked.  The cameras had one shot of the Utah QB looking around - appearing to look for Caleb - and he seemed confused.  I don't know - maybe it is a bad take - but it seems to me he could be poison in the locker room the rest of the year.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/22/2023 at 11:26 PM, Rimbo said:

A guy who is paid to make hot takes makes a hot take, and everyone is once again surprised.

Watching you oscillate from "he's great" to "yeah, he's clearly a self important douche twat, but he's a longhorn" to "yeah, he clearly sucks but his niche is to suck outloud but he's getting paid to suck" has been a fun transition to witness. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Chooky said:

Watching you oscillate from "he's great" to "yeah, he's clearly a self important douche twat, but he's a longhorn" to "yeah, he clearly sucks but his niche is to suck outloud but he's getting paid to suck" has been a fun transition to witness. 

you realize these are not mutually exclusive takes

56 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

you realize these are not mutually exclusive takes

Maybe so. But your opinion did seem to slightly diminish in one sequence to the next. All I know is that he isn't a genuine person. His entire persona is a calculated marketing angle. I truly don't believe he even believes in the things he claims to be passionate about. His preachy, pseudo intellectual tone grates on my nerves and it puzzles me that anyone has ever taken him seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Maybe so. But your opinion did seem to slightly diminish in one sequence to the next. All I know is that he isn't a genuine person. His entire persona is a calculated marketing angle. I truly don't believe he even believes in the things he claims to be passionate about. His preachy, pseudo intellectual tone grates on my nerves and it puzzles me that anyone has ever taken him seriously. 

I hate to break it to ya, but this is true for nearly everyone you see on TV.

Edited by Rimbo