Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

10 hours ago, PencilPusher said:

I'll let y'all have fun with this one.......This is clearly the "burning" issue of the day in suburbia....Won't someone think of the children! :o

Fiber Optic Install Crew- Worker urinating on the side of a house

This morning around 9:30 I witnessed one of the workers with the fiber optic installation crew urinating on the side of house on               Lane. I turned around and drove back to the location where his truck was parked to get his license plate no. but he drove off in his white dually truck. I called the club house to let them know and suggested they have our neighborhood patrol talk to the company foreman overseeing the project. I just wanted to make everyone aware as this person is walking through our yards and no telling what else he is capable of.

Maybe he's just trying to keep stair climbing coyotes away, you dumb bitch.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There is one of those in my neighborhood.  One morning while I was taking out my garbage, his "well behaved" dog ran past me and into my house.

I have no problem with leash laws. I do have a problem with neurotic park-watchers you seem to live for those moments when they can confront an off-leash dog owner...and then take their picture and send it to the police. Like I said earlier, what a miserable life.

One of my favorites is the concern about coyotes in my 'hood.  On lady hysterically posted about a coyote boldly walking down the middle of the street.  The picture she posted was of someone's German Shepherd.

There are also a few posts about suspicious people driving slowly that "clearly don't live in the neighborhood."  There's usually no reply when someone asks them to clarify what they mean by that.  

32 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

One of my favorites is the concern about coyotes in my 'hood.  On lady hysterically posted about a coyote boldly walking down the middle of the street.  The picture she posted was of someone's German Shepherd.

There are also a few posts about suspicious people driving slowly that "clearly don't live in the neighborhood."  There's usually no reply when someone asks them to clarify what they mean by that.  

Howdy, neighbor.

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This clown has lost his mind. That is the worst Jeep engine made and it's in shitty shape. Finally, you can damn near get a new entry level for that cost or at least a huge down payment. Yeah I think it is $10kish more but still...

Yeah, looked up on Kelly BB just out of curiosity.  Don't know mileage so estimated with 80K and the trade in value is at $4.8K with a private party value of $6.5K.  What an idiot, must be aggy. 

This thread plus needing to sell my old projector got me to validate my identity and get my account reactivated. 

One of the first threads I see already had me shaking my head. My city's PD has a pretty active social media presence and Twitter account, with a pretty decent sense of humor. A few weeks ago there was a story locally about a K9 officer that got some attention so whoever runs the PD account in my town decided to post about why are there no police cats, and they are thinking about getting a police cat. This turned into a thing, the Humane Society and local news got on board, and the department/Twitter account ran with it decided that they were indeed getting a police cat and used it as kind of a promotional thing for the Humane Society but they actually did adopt a kitten and someone in the department owns it and cares for it privately, etc. 

Do I really need to go on? This is obviously a HUGE waste of taxpayer funds and resources. I hope everyone DOES get a big kick out of this "police cat" because WE'RE the ones footing the bill for it!

On 4/12/2018 at 8:44 PM, Quagmire said:

14k for a 20 year old Jeep

0b5c86347d22da482644681c6b7fd2f3.jpg

Nice seats

c1fd88964ef8c15cb55ec92d9a181470.jpg

Hopefully with extras includes 10k in cash in the back seat

what a dickhead the MSRP in 1998 was $14,215 and for a Sahara $19,790  so most likely $13,500 was not even paid new

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/jeep/wrangler/1998/

Edited by ButtFumble

13 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

This thread plus needing to sell my old projector got me to validate my identity and get my account reactivated. 

One of the first threads I see already had me shaking my head. My city's PD has a pretty active social media presence and Twitter account, with a pretty decent sense of humor. A few weeks ago there was a story locally about a K9 officer that got some attention so whoever runs the PD account in my town decided to post about why are there no police cats, and they are thinking about getting a police cat. This turned into a thing, the Humane Society and local news got on board, and the department/Twitter account ran with it decided that they were indeed getting a police cat and used it as kind of a promotional thing for the Humane Society but they actually did adopt a kitten and someone in the department owns it and cares for it privately, etc. 

Do I really need to go on? This is obviously a HUGE waste of taxpayer funds and resources. I hope everyone DOES get a big kick out of this "police cat" because WE'RE the ones footing the bill for it!

Every minute spent wasting time on Police Cat Facts is a minute they're not Bernarding a Bernard. 

• Like 1

Wranglers are always overpriced, new and resale, but that's ridiculous for a Jeep that old. 

Don't get me wrong, my Wrangler was probably the most fun vehicle I've owned, but they constantly are breaking down and falling apart.  With that said, I'll probably be one of the first in line for a Scrambler whenever it comes out.

So I'm selling a bunch of shit on Nextdoor and get this:

"Hi, My name is Dumb Wife X and I really think my husband would like this item you are selling. Can you please call him at 512......?"

Yeah, I'm gonna cold call your husband and see if he wants to buy my stuff. So I ignore her.

3 hours later. "Hi, it turns out my husband was looking for a different item, thanks anyway!"

Really? No fucking shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'd prefer more hawks and fewer chiuauas, but maybe that's just me.

My house backs up to an LCRA preserve, with coyotes and hawks. Except my neighbors are smart enough to comprehend how nature works. We’ve lost the occasional cat or small dog in the neighborhood and somehow life goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, BurntEyes said:

This clown has lost his mind. That is the worst Jeep engine made and it's in shitty shape. Finally, you can damn near get a new entry level for that cost or at least a huge down payment. Yeah I think it is $10kish more but still...

Yeah, but peanut butta inside, jelly outside.

My God I wish next door had existed when I lived in steeplebrook in SATX, when we had a feral emu infestation.

Lol at fireworks/gunshots. I now live adkacent to an actual hood where gunfire is commonplace to the point where nobody even bothers to call the cops.

Just added the app. Crickets so far.

Just now, Apep said:

This article was much discussed on my local NextDoor, since it happened in my neighborhood.

51ff61876b442ef5e845836f6b98dd36.jpg

The guy was also open-carrying.

Gotta be honest, if someone is dumb enough to wear a shirt like that then they should get all the repercussions that come with it. Including reactive idiots making his life miserable, such as calling the police.

• Like 1

I’ll sell you my 2000 wrangler sport for an even $10,000.00 but you’ll have to give me an answer now.  Cash only, no refunds.

A person with the time/money could make some decent extra cash by buying Jeeps down in Texas and then selling them up here in Missouri.  Used Jeeps, with rust, sell for a mint up here.

Is anyone else experiencing extremely high gusts of wind? Weather doesn’t seem to show anything like this. 

From this weekend....your right you might live in some weird micro climate that only effects your house, better check with the neighborhood.