Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

From my sister’s neighborhood in ABQ. The local liberals are quite upset about the murderous feral cats decimating the bird population. Their fellow liberals are quite proud of the “catch, spay, and release” municipal program. Nothing like some good liberal-on-liberal arguing. 

1E6917FA-BE37-4E1E-876A-176F8B597B19.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 4:02 PM, nnm said:

From my sister’s neighborhood in ABQ. The local liberals are quite upset about the murderous feral cats decimating the bird population. Their fellow liberals are quite proud of the “catch, spay, and release” municipal program. Nothing like some good liberal-on-liberal arguing. 

One of our 2 cats is a ruthless killer.  She brings in (sometimes only what's left of) a few birds per week, along with mice, lizards, or any other small creature.  She don't give af.

59 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

complete with grainy Ring footage?

Not yet, it obviously just devolves onto a pro Trump/anti Trump finger point fest. 

What crack me up the most is the thought that the cops give two shits about it.  You could probably give the cops crystal clear footage of the their face, work name tag, license plate and their divers license and the cops would just file it away..  they ain't gonna do all that paperwork over a 50 cent piece of plastic and a 10 cent wire frame.  

On 8/25/2020 at 6:47 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I fired Roman candles at a couple of cars back in the 80s when I was a kid.  Seeing them* bounce off the windshield was a sight to behold, and it's a wonder nobody tried to kill me.

*Only one made contact with a car, the rest shot out in different directions.

I grew up in a small town in Western NY. During the winter months, the only fun in our pre/early teen years was to throw snowballs at cars driving down the streets. 

45 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Saw this on reddit

dpm7gzb9oio51.jpg

My god, he can afford that much aluminum siding.  He must be doing really well with the tax cuts.  God bless him.  These are the days, America! 

On 9/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, nnm said:

Problem?  Solution. 
https://apnews.com/8d4cd802f58ee5ec161cf167fbf4ceb3

800.jpeg

(/noCR)

Spends $750 on a security system to protect a $7.50 yard sign.  Deducts the $750 on his taxes as a consultancy fee. 

Seems completely appropriate for 2020. 

/noCR unless we're gonna make math political.  Which we're probably only a few weeks away from doing.  

An impressive post on a thread about a dog that got loose from its yard and attacked another dog. I feel like it's one of those "Correct the errors in the following sentence" exercises you got in fourth grade:

"I wouldve contact the other dog owner to have pay the vets bill. They should keep there dog under control, or not level there dog out if it can get out of it’s yard."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

An impressive post on a thread about a dog that got loose from its yard and attacked another dog. I feel like it's one of those "Correct the errors in the following sentence" exercises you got in fourth grade:

"I wouldve contact the other dog owner to have pay the vets bill. They should keep there dog under control, or not level there dog out if it can get out of it’s yard."

Yes, living in Katy, I’m surrounded by aggy and non-native English speakers. Most ND posts are gibberish. At least I can figure out what the non-native English speakers are trying to say, and at least they have an excuse. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fascination? More like admiration!  Guy with that doughy build, shitty house, and razor wire signage...his wife has to be at least...190 pounds.  I mean...that's tremendous birthing hips.  

I musta missed a meeting but women in homes like that (no CR) went from being attractive to a mandatory 175 pounds in one election cycle.  

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
On 9/23/2020 at 4:33 PM, Sbbruin said:
One of our 2 cats is a ruthless killer.  She brings in (sometimes only what's left of) a few birds per week, along with mice, lizards, or any other small creature.  She don't give af.

Cats around here usually end up as coyote food.

#teamcoyote

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Does that neighbor have eggs for sell?

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 6:06 PM, dingleberryswitzer said:

Saw this on reddit

dpm7gzb9oio51.jpg

that guy has the right to his beliefs and should be able to support whoever he chooses in his yard. 
however if I was 16 and lived in that neighborhood, I would definitely burn that shit down with a fire arrow. Even if I was a a Trump supporter, the setup alone demands it.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 9/2/2020 at 6:02 PM, nnm said:

What is a liberal?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:02 PM, nnm said:

On 9/30/2020 at 11:22 PM, Chewbacca said:

Cats around here usually end up as coyote food.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:30 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

#teamcoyote

I can go a couple of months without checking this thread, but every time I do ultimately check-in, it leads me to check my own Nextdoor feed. This was the first post I saw this evening

image.thumb.png.4bcb798c5b2d2ef7f00288ba6b178485.png

Having just read the feral cat comments on this thread, it brought the lulz. She (a feral cat, mind you)  loved the outdoors and the fresh air. 

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

d5694508e58964b8f59595ce6653d22a.jpg
96f294e89c2738274bbd53241c74500e.jpg

This would be a fantastic gag if you had a photo of a buddy by a public pool and could photoshop a realistic looking diaper. Or possibly the last place prize in a fantasy football league, make em pose for that photo and post on a random nextdoor page for some laughs. It would probably be a bit much to post in the poor saps actual nextdoor page. Although it would definitely motivate those fucks in the last few places to stay engaged and at least attempt to field competitive teams. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 10/30/2020 at 9:06 PM, Blotto said:

I can go a couple of months without checking this thread, but every time I do ultimately check-in, it leads me to check my own Nextdoor feed. This was the first post I saw this evening

image.thumb.png.4bcb798c5b2d2ef7f00288ba6b178485.png

Having just read the feral cat comments on this thread, it brought the lulz. She (a feral cat, mind you)  loved the outdoors and the fresh air. 

Hey blotto, please tell your nextdoor feed that coyotes eat a lot of rats and mice as well. And don't shit in people's sandboxes or flower beds or massacre song birds while doing it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this qualifies.

Just got an alert on my Ring about "there are a lot of helicopters flying over in the past 30 min?  WTF?" and I responded "It's fine.  This isn't Nextdoor."  

Boy that ruffled some feathers.  Got two responses within 2 minutes saying 1) It IS Nextdoor and 2) maybe you should just stop reading

People are nuts.