Dumbass Shit on Nextdoor

Sbbruin

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I swear, it has to be the euphoric high experienced by elderly people when they realize they can communicate with their peers using that weird box their son-in-law set up in "the home office".

So, you gettin' a bunch of FWD:FWD;FWD; THIS WILL SHOCK YOU emails?

13 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

The hawks are no joke - there’s a bunch of them nesting in the ‘hood. Maybe they’ll take care of the squirrels. One caught a starling in my yard and ate part of it while I watched. 

Best shit ever happened last year at my kid's school.  They went out for recess and a hawk was in a tree out there ripping apart a squirrel.  The kids went over and started cheering "hawk! hawk! hawk! hawk!"  I was so proud. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Gotta be honest, if someone is dumb enough to wear a shirt like that then they should get all the repercussions that come with it. Including reactive idiots making his life miserable, such as calling the police.

Fuck the shirt that guy is dickhead for openly carrying a weapon on a playground full of kids.

Guess he was worried some 5 year old might start some shit.

What an assclown.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Gotta be honest, if someone is dumb enough to wear a shirt like that then they should get all the repercussions that come with it. Including reactive idiots making his life miserable, such as calling the police.

The weird part was that the resulting conversation on Nextdoor was 100% civil, even when people disagreed politically. I can see how the shirt could be interpreted as threatening, especially when worn by an open carrier. But the police didn't overreact and the complaining neighbor was widely condemned, even if only as the second dumbass in the situation.

1 minute ago, Apep said:

The weird part was that the resulting conversation on Nextdoor was 100% civil, even when people disagreed politically. I can see how the shirt could be interpreted as threatening, especially when worn by an open carrier. But the police didn't overreact and the complaining neighbor was widely condemned, even if only as the second dumbass in the situation.

The only truly fair response is to treat everyone involved in that situation like dumbasses.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 8:21 AM, The Maestro said:

One of my favorites is the concern about coyotes in my 'hood.  On lady hysterically posted about a coyote boldly walking down the middle of the street.  The picture she posted was of someone's German Shepherd.

We get the coyote posts at least once a day.  We live in the foothills.  There are a lot of coyotes.  Deal with it.

The best thing I ever saw was a woman posting a thing about a Mexican riding down the street with two bikes, with a “lock up your bikes, folks!”. First response was a neighbor saying her husband Carlo runs a bike repair business out of their home and was returning another neighbor’s bike.

• Like 1

Question of the day: Any ideas on how to remove a dead possum from my front yard?

Answer: Pick it up.

I swear some of these people are completely helpless. The first two men to respond suggested she use a shovel to bag it and throw it away. Then you get all the people suggesting that this is Animal Control's job, not hers. Amazing.

15 hours ago, Stella Link said:

Every Friggin day....

Lost cat...

Found cat.....

Lost dog....

Found dog....

Lost cat....

Found cat....

Lost dog...

Found dog....

repeat, repeat, repeat...

So it sounds like it's working as intended?  Interdasting observation.

• Hook 'Em 1

These are always good.  Absolutely no extra info, no skills, no resume, no "I've done X or Y".  Just give me  job.  This one is up right now:

"I need a job , if anyone has any type of recommendations , I’d really appreciate it. Thank you (:"

It's been almost a day since people have responded that they have openings and no reply from her with any other info.  Must not need a job that bad

Edited by uoftorange

So it sounds like it's working as intended?  Interdasting observation.

I’m just amazed at the number of dumbasses that lose their pets. Sure cats are just assholes but if your dog runs off at the first chance it gets maybe you should look into some training? My 3 yo opened the front door on Saturday and our dog apparently slipped out. I mowed, weed wacked and fertilized our backyard before I noticed that the dog wasn’t inside. Went it front and she was just sitting in the garage chilling

Then there’s my neighbor that lets his dog roam off leash and twice he’s barged into my house when I’ve opened the door.

Fuck OU

There's a Barney Fife type (also aggy) that continuously drones on with useless safety tips for my hood.

"It's time to adjust your clocks - so be sure to replace your smoke alarm batteries." "If a person with a fluorescent vest knocks on your door, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR! They could be a criminal posing as a utility worker." 

Fuck off, Barney. 

Fuck the shirt that guy is dickhead for openly carrying a weapon on a playground full of kids.

Guess he was worried some 5 year old might start some shit.

What an assclown.

Lol I’m sure he was worried about 5 year olds, might be good protection from some pedo that drives up and tries to take his kid .

22 hours ago, Stella Link said:

Every Friggin day....

Lost cat...

Found cat.....

Lost dog....

Found dog....

Lost cat....

Found cat....

Lost dog...

Found dog....

I don't see the problem. This is one of the few things this stupid website is actually good for. People lose pets, post on nextdoor, pets gets found. Sure the find might not always be directly attributable to posting it on nextdoor, but it doesn't hurt. Now if your gripe is more specifically with the idiot pet owners that constantly lose their pets, yeah...

22 hours ago, Stella Link said:

Every Friggin day....

Lost cat...

Found cat.....

Lost dog....

Found dog....

Lost cat....

Found cat....

Lost dog...

Found dog....

People like to dump their unwanted pets out in the country near where I live, our town FB group is exactly like this... plus the 2018 property valuations.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, BurntEyes said:

This clown has lost his mind. That is the worst Jeep engine made and it's in shitty shape. Finally, you can damn near get a new entry level for that cost or at least a huge down payment. Yeah I think it is $10kish more but still...

Y'all looking at this the wrong way, see. This guy is smart. His wife wants him to get rid of his ugly old jeep, it's fuckin up her front yard flower vibe. But he obviously wants to keep it, yet obviously wants to continue getting sex. He agrees to put it up for sale, but lists it for a ridiculous price just about everyone laughs at. Gets to keep Jeep. Gets sex. Wife is oblivious. If some idiot ever does buy it, he still wins. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I don't see the problem. This is one of the few things this stupid website is actually good for. People lose pets, post on nextdoor, pets gets found. Sure the find might not always be directly attributable to posting it on nextdoor, but it doesn't hurt. Now if your gripe is more specifically with the idiot pet owners that constantly lose their pets, yeah...

Bingo.  People let out their dogs and cats and then wonder why they don't come back.  Some do come back, but some don't.  The sad thing is, many get hit by cars.  

7 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

All animals are rabid when they get into a subdivision.

FACT.

Ok, so I finally joined after working my way through this thread.  Jesus there are some dumb assholes out there.

Our house is a block away from a state park.  Really old neighborhood.  Mature trees.  100 acre park w/playground in the neighborhood.

Three threads about raccoon/opossum/woodchuck that wandered into the neighborhood somewhere and MUST be rabid.

Extremely lengthy thread about a suspiscious white van that was going house-to-house in the neighborhood and (gasp!) pulling into people's driveways.  Everyone (maybe 30-40 other posts) except the OP and one other nutter kept telling them it was Amazon but they were not having it.

Oh, Christ I just found the "loose pitbull" thread. 

Saw a thread bitching about people not keeping up with their yards and then it went to complaint about people walking dogs and letting them poop in non-pooch owner yards and not picking it up. These people don’t have dogs for this reason and shouldn’t have to pick up other people’s dog poop.

Then Jose pops in complaining about how it’s not fair that he doesn’t have trees, but still has to deal with the pollen and leaves blown in his yard and on his truck from the neighborhood trees. 

Doorbells are scary - 

Ringing Doorbell

Maybe I should have reported this earlier but as I was reading about the missing person, who I will be on the lookout for (so, so sad), I thought back to an incident that happened this past week. Around 10:45am or so, my doorbell rang. It did not take me long to get to the front door to find no one there. I could see through the glass no Fed Ex or UPS truck outside nor heard one driving away as I always can hear them. Anyway, I still wondered if maybe there was a package at the door so I opened the door to find nothing. Next, I did what I should not have done but was not thinking, I stepped outside beyond the hedges to see if anyone was approaching either of my neighbors' homes. There was no one around or any moving or strange cars either. I texted both of my neighbors and no one had rung their doorbell however one neighbor has a "No Solicitor" sign on her door. I found this very odd as I stood outside a few minutes and saw no one. I usually open my front blinds and turn on the dining room light as soon as I wake up in the morning and that morning I had not done so. My neighbors and I are just keeping our eyes open. I did not report this to the police.

Edited by Reagan1k

1 hour ago, EZ$ said:

Saw a thread bitching about people not keeping up with their yards and then it went to complaint about people walking dogs and letting them poop in non-pooch owner yards and not picking it up. These people don’t have dogs for this reason and shouldn’t have to pick up other people’s dog poop.

Pet owners that don't pick up after their pets should be executed.

Can you even imagine all the shit that gets reported to the police on a daily basis?
I had the game warden come out because the people next to me were shooting doves and cooking them in their fryer in the backyard. They haven't been in their yard in the two weeks since. I probably would have given them a pass, but camera caught them shooting them in my yard and climbing the fence to retrieve them.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Pet owners that don't pick up after their pets should be executed.

Mother fucking this. We walk our dog at least 3X a day and pick up her poo but usually one or two piles from the assholes who don't. About the only thing more infuriating than the fucktards who don't pick up after their dogs are the ones who go through the effort of bagging the shit and then LEAVE THE FUCKING BAG ON THE CURB! What the ever loving fuck? Are they saying "hey neighbor, I'm awesome & didn't leave my dog's shit in your yard, but I want you to pick up this bag of stinky shit & put it in your bin until trash day next week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Okie State said:

Can you even imagine all the shit that gets reported to the police on a daily basis?

Like this?  Every response was "did you call the police?!"

On April 16, 2018 at 6:30 pm, I saw a bald Caucasian man come out of the Alexandria Rosedale house wearing boots, long baggy pants and a brown dirty Mad Max style duster or coat. I was driving east and spotted him, and decided to drive down further to see what was up with him. I’d never seen him before. As I got closer, I noticed some interesting features. He kept looking around in this antsy motion, AND he had large welt on the back of his head with stitches across it. He was holding a big bag in front of him and had some sort of long metal bars in his hands, maybe wrenches or something. He kept walking east down Crary, and then left up Rosevelt. I saw other neighbors and families watching him and figured it would be best to notify our neighborhood of this suspicious character. I know there isn’t a shortage of weird activity coming from that house, but this man especially stuck out to me. Watch out and stay safe everybody Person 1 Hair: None Top: Dark, long brown trench coat Bottom: Baggy pants Shoes: Boots(?) Sex: Male Race: Light skinned Physical Build: Tall, medium build Other: Head injury, welt on back of head with stitches

• Like 1