Chet Holmgren- Basketball's Next Unicorn?

Goo Punch

You may remember him as the kid who used Steph Curry's own move against him at a basketball camp. He's listed at 7'0", 175 lbs, and he's ESPN's no.2 overall rated prospect for the class of 2021.

806532aa10709b60bc26e744ae23532d.jpg

33ade1005a46c351e96168b53e6c85bc.jpg

seems like a good kid with a great head on his shoulders. I'm guessing he ends up at Duke or Gonzaga. be a lot cooler if he came to Texas though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Goo Punch

58 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You may remember him as the kid who used Steph Curry's own move against him at a basketball camp. He's listed at 7'0", 175 lbs, and he's ESPN's no.2 overall rated prospect for the class of 2021.

806532aa10709b60bc26e744ae23532d.jpg

33ade1005a46c351e96168b53e6c85bc.jpg

seems like a good kid with a great head on his shoulders. I'm guessing he ends up at Duke or Gonzaga. be a lot cooler if he came to Texas though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the frailest, most shatter-prone unicorn I've ever seen.

20 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Outside of some black-and-white WWII photos (you know the ones I'm talking about), that might be the skinniest person I've ever seen.

To put it in perspective, Kevin Durant and Brandon Ingram were rail thin when they were drafted and they outweighed this dude by over 20 pounds.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...

Fuck this guy 

He wouldn’t re-sign with my Hornets rebuild in NBA2k20. I drafted and put 5 years into developing him. 

He ended up in HOF. 53rd in points, 26th in rebounds. 

I’m in the 2045 season. Total points leaders are interesting. 
1. Emoni Bates 47,505

2. Lebron

3. Lebron Jr -599 from dad 

4. Jalen Green

My man LeMelo is #1 all-time in assists. 17,688

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Fuck this guy 

He wouldn’t re-sign with my Hornets rebuild in NBA2k20. I drafted and put 5 years into developing him. 

He ended up in HOF. 53rd in points, 26th in rebounds. 

I’m in the 2045 season. Total points leaders are interesting. 
1. Emoni Bates 47,505

2. Lebron

3. Lebron Jr -599 from dad 

4. Jalen Green

My man LeMelo is #1 all-time in assists. 17,688

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i got to see a bunch of highlights from last weekend's Pangos Invitational and damn- this Holmgren kid is the real deal. he looks like white KD. he and that Paolo kid who's headed to Duke were the real standouts from a weekend that was loaded with talent. Daimion Collins and KJ Adams' South squad won the title, but Holmgren was the standout at the event. dude is crazy good despite looking like a human walking stick. 

Edited by shadow_operative

39 minutes ago, Blotto said:

No idea where this kid ends up, but I see Gonzaga mentioned as one of the contenders. Wouldn't hate seeing this guy in Few's system and see Few get over the hump and win it all with him. 

At this point, he may skip and go the G league route.  

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This the type of competitive shit I love to see. Fearlessness and ferocity!! Talk yo shit my man, talk yo shit!!!

Oh yeah he went at Emoni a few times and Emoni seemed a little tentative to go at him at the basket.

• 4 months later...

He looks like an excellent player. Fun to watch, great ball skills... period. And when you add them to a guy who is 8'7", then that's big.

But his faux toughness street attitude/and diction is a little off-putting. I won't mind if he smacked up a bit by a few big guys who aren't impressed with his height, or that 163 lbs frame.

But those 13"... from shoulder-to-shoulder... kind of narrow build.

Edited by Napoleon