CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

29 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Whew.  I was worried Hannity would develop some kind of consciousness; to use his platform to discuss this issue with honesty and concern for the public.

Never fear; he didn't change his ways:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hannity-might-be-true-that-deep-state-is-using-coronavirus-to-hurt-economy?ref=home

Reveal hidden contents

“There’s an MIT guy I noticed on Twitter, and you know he’s saying pretty much the same thing he does research nearly every single day on immune systems he said quote ‘coronavirus fear-mongering by the deep state will go down in history as one of the biggest frauds to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, and push mandated medicines,’” Hannity said, adding, “May be true.”

The person whom the pro-Trump host cited, Shiva Ayyadurai, is a right-wing provocateur who has promoted the far-right conspiracy theory QAnon. He also ran for the Senate in 2018 against Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and repeatedly called her a “Fake Indian,” “fascist,” and “scumbag” during his disastrous campaign.

With COVID-19 having now resulted in dozens of American deaths, tanking stock markets and causing mass cancellations across the nation, Hannity has continued to minimize and downplay the dangers of the disease. The nation’s top expert on infectious disease, however, pointed out to Hannity’s viewers on Tuesday night that he’s “gotta make sure” they understand that coronavirus is at least 10 times as lethal as the seasonal flu, which Hannity and Trump have regularly compared this outbreak to.

If the deep state is so powerful, why doesn't it have a representative in the most powerful position in the history of man? 

• Like 1

So, in Houston, Mayor Turner declares a 7 day state of emergency.  I grew up in Houston, have many FB friends still there.  Many of them are pretty Trumpy.

How are they reacting?  Perfectly on-brand, that's how.

He has just gone crazy- anything to hurt the economy

Great! 🙄. What does that do to Spring Break travel plans? Stupid BS!

Remember, folks -- COVID-19 is just a librul hoax designed to hurt the economy and Dear Leader.

Fucking facepalm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, in Houston, Mayor Turner declares a 7 day state of emergency.  I grew up in Houston, have many FB friends still there.  Many of them are pretty Trumpy.

Remember, folks -- COVID-19 is just a librul hoax designed to hurt the economy and Dear Leader.

Fucking facepalm.

They definitely won’t turn until we get some video of overflowing hospitals. 

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking facepalm.

And ruin spring break, apparently

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh
My
God

Maybe this is pandemic is going to be my reward for being a Democrat in Alabama all these years.

Spent my day at work at the hospital in emergency meetings about the state’s response and it’s a shitshow. I can’t say much about the details but the state health department is divided between political hacks following Trump’s lead and the people with actual medical degrees who don’t care about contradicting the dumbass politicians in this state afraid to contradict Trump.

So on my way home, I stopped at a Dollar General to get some Diet Cokes (shut up, they sell the six pack of bottles there cheap) and got in a line of about 15 people.

Of those 15, there were 9-10 people with toilet paper, hand sanitizer, etc. These were all either black folks, Hispanic folks, or women.

The other 5 or so in line were white dudes. All having a loud conversation with one of the cashiers making fun of everyone else for freaking out and getting a duped by the “librul media” etc- all the Trumpian talking points.

Everyone with 50 rolls of TP just stayed silent.

The 30 something incel white dude cashier with 80s metal hair and giant gauges in his ears was loudly proclaiming with all the confidence of a Ivy League educated physician that “The coronavirus is 12 years old, it’s been listed on the back of Lysol cans for years and Americans have a less than one percent chance of getting it because our genes are better.”

I swear to god, it took all I had not to absolutely lose it and scream in his face.

I walked out with a black woman in her 50s and I muttered under my breath “Morons. They’ll be the first ones bitching about the healthcare system when their dumbasses catch it.”

She looked over at me and said “I ain’t gonna lose no sleep over six dead honkies. Have a blessed day!”

To quote Imogene from season two of “Designing Women”, “As far as I’m concerned this disease has got one thing going for it, it’s killing all the right people.”

I tried to give rep but it won't let me so I guess I'm out, but this was amazing. And the customer you walked out with--that was gold.

3 minutes ago, Pasken said:

...with white patients. 

Crisis actors.

For as fractured, acrimonious, and divided as the left is, when it comes to hoaxes they move as a singular hive mind. Russia. Ukraine. And now- The monumental effort and almost otherworldly powers of persuasion getting other countries to tank their economies to thwart Trump and the GOP (some who are apparently in on the hoax) is nothing short of genius.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

Be nice to get it over with before the LSU game, though.

Lot worse that coronavirus going around in southern Louisiana.

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Well, since the virus originated from China, at least we know Stephen Miller will work tirelessly to remove it from America entirely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Trump thinks life is his own personal Truman show.  Someone else is pulling the levers behind the scenes and shit will always work out alright as long as he plays the part of the Developer, the Billionaire, the President.  He doesn’t have to actually DO anything.  That’s what other people are for.  He just has to show up, play make-believe, and take all the credit.  

It’s terrifying and perversely hilarious that the greatest nation in human history, at the apex of its power, elected such a clownish fraud as our leader.  

Well, you see, there were emails.

21 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

It’s terrifying and perversely hilarious that the greatest nation in human history, at the apex of its power, elected such a clownish fraud as our leader.

And what comes right after you hit the apex?

roller1-min.jpg?fit=1111,833&ssl=1

The ride down is fast, scary, and irreversible.

From the other thread

10 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Ok.  Shouldn't Abbott declare a state of emergency and close down schools etc. 

It seems like now would be a good time to do it.

Abbott will not be able to act like that without an ok from the WH. Otherwise he is being disloyal.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

He would cough up a lung, still calling it fake news.

Nope.  If he gets it we’ll never see him until he recovers.  Trump will piss himself and cry and generally act like a terrified toddler.  No way they wheel a blubbering puddle of wheezing chickenshit in front of the American people.

Just now, SameSame said:

Yeah.  Fuck this planet.  We're getting the plague we deserve, because we're effectively standing there shouting "FUCK YOU, GOD - GIVE IT TO ME!"

Worst administration ever, at just about the worst time ever (I mean, I guess if this was the admin on 12/7/41, or during the Cuban Missile Crisis, that would have been worse....but those are really the only two worse times I can think of to have these feces-eating clowns in charge).

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking facepalm.

3 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Pros like you and all the liberal surly posters that know it all? lol ok. This is another form of the flu but yea ok freak out and stay at home.

I know at least one dumb motherfucker in Houston.  I'm willing to bet there's more.  

1 minute ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think trump is at least carrying it.   He might have it, but it hasn't manifested yet.  If he doesn't have it, it will just be a matter of short order now.

Let's see how long this erection lasts.  I may have to go see someone.  BTW any doctor knows you don't go see a doctor for an erection that doesn't go away.  Just dial up your favorite hooker and show off.  

From the other thread
Abbott will not be able to act like that without an ok from the WH. Otherwise he is being disloyal.

This is why I fucking cannot stand Abbott, or Cruz for that matter. Guys like Trump or Dan Patrick are just that shit-for-brains stupid. I know Abbott and Cruz aren't. And they go along with it anyway.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk