CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Um. The prime minister of Canada? Or whatever the hell he is?  I think they could round up a test. 

Think that would play well if they don't have enough to go around?  He won't have to go to an overrun hospital if he gets sick.  Why waste a test:

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Think that would play well if they don't have enough to go around?  He won't have to go to an overrun hospital if he gets sick.  Why waste a test:

BS. The people would understand. He’s the fucking prime minister. It’s all a lie. Why I don’t know. 

• Like 1

There isn’t so people will die as a result.

Correct. That is why we have to flatten the curve by social distancing. We have a chance to whip this nasty virus, no thanks to Trump's horrible mishandling of this mess. 

Edited by washparkhorn

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Oh? Did a few tests finally make it to Travis County?

got this in an email from my doctor's office today:

The health of our patients remains our top priority and we are maintaining up-to-date knowledge of COVID-19. As of today, there is no outpatient testing available in Central Texas for this virus.  We will provide an update when this testing becomes available.  

BS. The people would understand. He’s the fucking prime minister. It’s all a lie. Why I don’t know. 

I'll ask it another way.  What does a test really prove?  Does it change his treatment?

The answer to that question is no.  It doesn't even determine whether he'll be symptomatic.  

The value of testing is to determine what segments of the population have been infected and exposed.  The value is not found in testing one person, even an important person.  We already know he's been exposed.  He's quarantined and under observation, just like he would be if he tested positive.

They aren't going to burn a test just to satisfy curiosity.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'll ask it another way.  What does a test really prove?  Does it change his treatment?

The answer to that question is no.  It doesn't even determine whether he'll be symptomatic.  

The value of testing is to determine what segments of the population have been infected and exposed.  The value is not found in testing one person, even an important person.  We already know he's been exposed.  He's quarantined and under observation, just like he would be if he tested positive.

They aren't going to burn a test just to satisfy curiosity.

This was my read on why the no test as well.

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

This was my read on why the no test as well.

I have been chasing down info on testing for a couple of days.

The major counties in Texas all seem to have testing capability for their region.  All of them  have testing criteria that include showing symptoms combined with evidence of potential exposure, either travel from an infected region or contact with diagnosed.

I suppose part of that is driven by the scarcity of tests.  But assuming they were common, but not as simple as say a litmus or pregnancy test, there would still be testing criteria, probably not too different than the current criteria.

Otherwise, some dipshits would come get a test, go to a rave or some shit, and come in for another, endlessly.  Not to mention the possibility of false positives and negatives and resulting chaos.

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

How many times did she blink? The formulation of an answer was like watching a thread trying to resolve itself on game day. 

She was signaling she had been kidnapped and is being forced to act against her will.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

This pretty much correlates with the scale of what other countries are doing now in reaction to the pandemic which is why I'm quoting it again and think is impossible to overstate.

Imagine you are a fan of a football program known as a powerhouse if not the undisputed King Of The Mountain that that has a new coach who will not shut up about how awesome he is. Your team is favored, as usual, to at least make it to the National Championship game, and probably win it all.

Opening day- You don't suffer an upset. You don't get boat raced. You fucking lose by an historic, unbelievable score of 300-3. And every other game on the schedule for the rest of the season, every other country doesn't double up our score, they 100 times it.

It's not JUST the incompetence. It's the sheer scale of the incompetence.

• Like 3

I don't give a shit if you show up in line at the drive thru every day for a new test. 

We ought to be passing them out like candy. We refuse to test because we don't want to know. Because it will make Dear Leader look bad. The ignorant fucker doesn't realize he is making it worse. He doesn't care about any of us.

This little anecdotal evidence is one of many. Rudy Gobert got tested the same day. There are tests available that were denied. 

Because his fragile ego can't handle the idea of failure. Tough shit. You're failing and flailing you narcissistic asshole. 

• Like 3

Just now, RayDog said:

NDT has a report on China's claim that the coronavirus is a US bioweapon. The story starts at the 4:05 mark.

Thats bullshit. I'm sure we have a bioweapons program, but I'm also sure Trump gutted its budget and put an evangelical assclown in charge of it.  We probably couldn't develop a smelly gym sock at this point. 

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

How many times did she blink? The formulation of an answer was like watching a thread trying to resolve itself on game day. 

she's a thief, needs to be charged for her theft attempt :On August 20, 2018, Verma filed a claim requesting that taxpayers reimburse her for jewelry that was allegedly stolen on a work-related trip to San Francisco. Although she requested $47,000, including a $325 claim for moisturizer and a $5,900 Ivanka Trump-brand pendant, she ultimately received $2,852.40 in reimbursement

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Who knew the cure would come from the holy waters of Eagle Mountain Lake?

It just hit me. Kenneth Kures Korona.

Edited by RPM
I'm here all week. Try the veal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fox7austin/status/1238356511606308864?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

fuck it, I’m on my phone and tired and get it to embed properly. But two “presumptive” cases reported in Austin-Travis County. City and county leaders to hold press conference at 6am

Edited by ultimaton

Too tired to look it up but saw a scale of reported infections and the US is exactly 1 week behind Italy in progression. Hopefully we shut down fast enough to flatten the curve. Otherwise shit gon get real. But if we aren't testing, how do we know what the numbers really are? FTR had to go in the local Walmart to get an ordered item and the toilet paper was gone. Joked to the guy helping me and he said they went through everything on hand and another trailer load.

Insider Stock Tip: GoJo Industries owns Purell.

17 minutes ago, RPM said:

Too tired to look it up but saw a scale of reported infections and the US is exactly 1 week behind Italy in progression. Hopefully we shut down fast enough to flatten the curve. Otherwise shit gon get real. But if we aren't testing, how do we know what the numbers really are? FTR had to go in the local Walmart to get an ordered item and the toilet paper was gone. Joked to the guy helping me and he said they went through everything on hand and another trailer load.

Insider Stock Tip: GoJo Industries owns Purell.

Are you warming up to the self checkout lane yet?

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you warming up to the self checkout lane yet?

As a matter of fact I was bullied into using one the other night. I made 2 separate purchases because I needed 2 receipts. Rang up 3 Diet DP (free tshirt bitches!) paid for them and got my receipt. Then I rang up the rest of my shit. When I start to pay the Dot not Arrow watching self-checkout says I need to pay for the DP. I pull the receipt out of my pocket show it to him with an eat shit and die look. He says he's sorry, I pay for my stuff get a 2nd receipt and leave. After I load my shit in the car and got to put the cart away here comes Dot not Arrow loudly proclaiming I need to pay for my drinks waving the 2nd sale receipt. 

5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Motherfucker I showed you my receipt for the drinks (pull it out of my pocket and put it a foot from his face). YOU need to pay closer fucking attention before you accuse someone of being a thief (I fucking loathe thieves). If you had cashiers working instead of forcing customers to do your job for you, you wouldn't have to worry about people stealing. 

So fuck no.

The Trumpkins denying the severity/reality of this reminds me of a scene from the last episode of Avenue 5 where people thought it was all a simulation despite the pleas of intelligent people telling them otherwise.

• Like 1

My 80-year-old Trumpkin grandpa who had a cancer battle a couple of years ago still plans on taking his trip to San Antonio in a few days.

He believes this whole thing is a hoax put on by the democrats to sway the election and I can’t talk any sense into him. I hate what Fox News and Donald Trump have turned him into. 

16 minutes ago, Constant said:

My 80-year-old Trumpkin grandpa who had a cancer battle a couple of years ago still plans on taking his trip to San Antonio in a few days.

He believes this whole thing is a hoax put on by the democrats to sway the election and I can’t talk any sense into him. I hate what Fox News and Donald Trump have turned him into. 

You are a good grandson to be concerned about him. If he hasn't seen it w/o the spin, find the video of Trump's address from the other evening and watch it with him if you can. Although it doesn't seem to have swayed his supporters as to their vote, it does seem to have impressed upon them that this virus is real and dangerous.

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You are a good grandson to be concerned about him. If he hasn't seen it w/o the spin, find the video of Trump's address from the other evening and watch it with him if you can. Although it doesn't seem to have swayed his supporters as to their vote, it does seem to have impressed upon them that this virus is real and dangerous.

He is too far down the river of derangement. 

39 minutes ago, Constant said:

It's a disgrace that we've let a partisan propaganda machine take over the minds of a large portion of our population. There's some good people sucked in there, but they've been gaslighted severely.

1 minute ago, RPM said:

It's a disgrace that we've let a partisan propaganda machine take over the minds of a large portion of our population. There's some good people sucked in there, but they've been gaslighted severely.

No joke. He used to be your typical East Texas conservative, but he has jumped off the cliff the last few years. Hard to even have a conversation about ice cream without it turning into some political blame game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Constant said:

Hard to even have a conversation about ice cream without it turning into some political blame game. 

Have you seen what they air? It's pure hate and anger. You'd thing they were Jews that just escaped Dachau looking for some payback, but it's much uglier. "Judge" Jeanine and Trish Reagan are pure hate propaganda and hyperbole. This shit has to stop. We've gone full Network.

54d3e395556b3_-_esq-beale.jpg?resize=480

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk