CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I don't know why any of you watch anymore, unless it's truly just to see the trainwreck. It personally makes me too ragey.

Honestly, that's the first one I have watched for any length, and the longest I have ever sat and listened to him speak.  It does my blood pressure no good, and I am sure as hell not going to learn anything substantive from him or his minions.     I felt I needed to endure it once, just for the experience.  

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Trump presidency is much worse than I expected, which is saying a lot.

Agreed, and everyone I know feels the same way.  We all thought it was just going to be a national embarrassment that would take a decade to recover from.  We didn't expect all this.

I sorta wonder (fantasize?) about McConnell and others stroking out because they suddenly lose their majority due to their idiot colleagues ignoring the warnings and are now not able to participate in a vote - in a body that he apparently banned from having "absentee" votes in. They're going to have to vote. And they're not going to be able to stop legislation for a brief moment. And maybe, just maybe, the dems will seize the opportunity.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
sorry for my atrocious grammar. drunk/high
  • Like 4

The press conference was delayed so long I had to miss almost all of it to cook supper. If these conferences are to sub in as rallies, they have had the usual--the racism, the claims of doing things that never materialize, the snarky Obama comments, etc but they are missing one big thing:

Where are the stories of the big burly nurses and doctors coming up to him and crying and thanking him for giving them machines and masks and PPE suits?

Oh right, because he hasn't.

He's going to bail out all his friends, but then give a very insincere and snarky, "Sor-ry" when the health care workers who have worked until they have no breath left perish. When Dr. Fauci has spent his retirement years risking his health to inform Americans and mobilize whatever he can to get the word out to slow the spread. When administrators have spent hours trying to track down supplies, when doctors and nurses and staff have worked round the clock at great risk to themselves to provide care to the least of these in America.

That something that is measured in nanometers can topple a regime is rather poetic. A man who is nothing more than extruded orange DNA comprised of vapid unintelligent material ruled over a populace that in large part knew he was unfit to rule but was unable to convince the rest that like all junk food, he would one day kill us all.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The press conference was delayed so long I had to miss almost all of it to cook supper. If these conferences are to sub in as rallies, they have had the usual--the racism, the claims of doing things that never materialize, the snarky Obama comments, etc but they are missing one big thing:

Where are the stories of the big burly nurses and doctors coming up to him and crying and thanking him for giving them machines and masks and PPE suits?

Oh right, because he hasn't.

He's going to bail out all his friends, but then give a very insincere and snarky, "Sor-ry" when the health care workers who have worked until they have no breath left perish. When Dr. Fauci has spent his retirement years risking his health to inform Americans and mobilize whatever he can to get the word out to slow the spread. When administrators have spent hours trying to track down supplies, when doctors and nurses and staff have worked round the clock at great risk to themselves to provide care to the least of these in America.

That something that is measured in nanometers can topple a regime is rather poetic. A man who is nothing more than extruded orange DNA comprised of vapid unintelligent material ruled over a populace that in large part knew he was unfit to rule but was unable to convince the rest that like all junk food, he would one day kill us all.

That last paragraph I couldn't stop myself from hearing in Oliver Wendell Douglas voice.   Well said!

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fuck the cruise lines.

Go ask Panama or the Bahamas or Liberia for a bailout.

If corporations use a loophole to avoid paying taxes in the US and to avoid US laws and regulations then they don’t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to getting US tax dollars when shit goes south.

Fuck em.

And they don't hire Americans either.  Or very damn few.

I sorta wonder (fantasize?) about McConnell and others stroking out because they suddenly lose their majority due to their idiot colleagues ignoring the warnings and are now not able to participate in a vote - in a body that he apparently banned from having "absentee" votes in. They're going to have to vote. And they're not going to be able to stop legislation for a brief moment. And maybe, just maybe, the dems will seize the opportunity.

Edited 30 minutes ago by Longhorn_Fan68
sorry for my atrocious grammar. drunk/high

Well, 420 after all!

36 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Me thinks you underestimate McConnell's sleaziness and complete lack of ethics and morals.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Me thinks you underestimate McConnell's sleaziness and complete lack of ethics and morals.  

I hope that when Trump, McConnell, etc pass on, they spend another lifetime outfitted with a huge amount of empathy and they have to watch what they did here on repeating loop.  

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fuck the cruise lines.

Go ask Panama or the Bahamas or Liberia for a bailout.

If corporations use a loophole to avoid paying taxes in the US and to avoid US laws and regulations then they don’t get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to getting US tax dollars when shit goes south.

Fuck em.

just hilarious this is even a thing. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

I think my new favorite of his is "no one could have seen this coming! No one has ever even heard of something like this!". IT WAS SPREADING AROUND THE WORLD AND YOU CALLED IT A DEMOCRAT HOAX. 

And yet, at the same time, he knew it was a pandemic "long before it was called a pandemic."

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Trump presidency is much worse than I expected, which is saying a lot.

To be fair, I thought this sim was fairly hard to believe and was going about as shittastic as one could have expected if they knew him and his past...then God takes it up to 11 with a pandemic.  Yeah, it's much worse than anyone could have imagined.  

• Like 4

Hope this doesn't drag on too long.otherwise:

Football…Georgia Bulls? Yeah, they play with Alabama... Great team.  Tremendous team.  You remember Herschel Walker, right?  I owned him for five, six years. Like that, again and again they just win the championship..7, 8.  I almost bought them at one point…they wanted too much, you know I only make good deals, I wrote a book on it, you should read it…deals. I was at a coaches’ conference, all these big coaches, “Mr. Trump”; that’s what they called me, cuz I wasn’t the President yet; tears, big guys, tears;  “Why didn’t you buy the Bulls?”  They’re gonna win every game..we’ll see.  Maybe, maybe not. It’s a beautiful stadium they play in.  Huge concrete..marble. Very, very, very nice place. A lot of people have said that. I’m not saying they’ll win every game…who knows.. they very well could lose every game.  But I know.  I’d bet on it if I was you.  Next question…

Agreed, and everyone I know feels the same way.  We all thought it was just going to be a national embarrassment that would take a decade to recover from.  We didn't expect all this.

Reminder: I did. No, not this EXACT crisis. But I knew that SOME crisis would occur, and this is exactly what you get when you have an incompetent narcissist in charge.
This is exactly the kind of thing many folks warned against, we’re afraid of, and none of it fucking mattered.
We put a deranged, utterly unqualified psychopath in the pilot’s seat. Now the plane has hit some birds and lost both engines. What follows...is exactly what you’d expect.
  • Like 9

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk