CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Yep, exactly what I was saying earlier. Now Fauci can't even say why people with natural immunity should get the vax. Problem is we have no protocol. It's just draconian everyone should get it when it should be if you've had covid you don't have to get it because in fact your immunity is fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Strongly disagree. The algorithms don't generate clicks by being neutral. 

Strongly disagree.  For two reasons 1) the algorithms don't write themselves  2) nothing happens at all on social media until somebody, or some program that has been programmed by somebody, hits "send"

Guns don't kill people. People using guns in bad ways kill people.

Social media isn't cancer. People using social media in bad ways is cancer.

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think for the district to tell you essentially which kid is sick would be a HIPAA and student privacy violation.  And with the aggressive lunatics around, you could be reasonably sure that would become an issue.

I don't really care if I learn the kid's name. Hell, the kids all find out anyways. They tell each other when they get back if they're not already communicating through TikTok or Snapchat. Just tell me a kid who sits next to mine -- I don't have the seating chart -- is out with COVID and I should be hyper-vigilant/observant. Of course I find out when I get back from my trip to Panama that my son missed three days of school while I was gone with a virus but tested negative for COVID, AND was sitting next to a kid who had COVID. Stupid ex didn't feel that was pertinent information. Shit makes me so ragey.

• Rage+1 1

Yeah ok.  Negged.  However, you bring up a point that I think bears repeating.  If nothing else, China has provided the blueprint for how some malevolent actor could take out the US as a superpower.  Simply unleash a virus.  Everyone else will work their ass off to get vaccinated.  Americans will not.  You could kill off millions of us with a well designed virus that has a vaccine available for it.  And don't think that other countries haven't noticed that.  It's why what you are trying to use as a gotcha is really just more reason that people on your side of the fence ought to be out yelling from the rooftops to vaccinate, for patriotic national security reasons if for nothing else.
But I don't expect to see a behavior change.  Best we can hope for is that as many of the dumber members of your party as possible die off quickly to give the rest of us a better chance when the real attack eventually comes.   
Because of what we've seen in this country since the vaccine became widely available, good luck with your crusade to hold China responsible.  Even if we agree that China is 100% responsible for this virus getting out into the world, we've had vaccines for 8 months now.  The only reason this is still even a thing in the US is because we've decided that we want China to do even more damage by ignoring our doctors and our government in favor of giving China even more kills in this virus war.  It's fucking moronic to be yelling about China at this point.  They no longer have anything at all to do with why we are where we are.

Let’s be realistic, if a war did come those cosplay soldiers would turn into the old guys cheering on about one good push from All Quiet on the Western Front.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Holy shit ... you're doubling down on stupid.  Even that guy is putting "clock speed"  in quotation marks because he realizes that he's using it in a way that is unique and special to his little essay.  NOBODY uses clock speed to describe applications. It's like talking about the speed your toaster makes toast in miles per hour. 

But what if my clock is at a higher altitude than your clock at sea level?
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe this has been covered in the past 2 pages, I’m skipping ahead. 

but to take your China amendment to its conclusion, here’s what’s going on. 

China created a bio weapon and let it out.  It is infecting and killing hundreds of thousands of Americans. But not to worry, our scientists mapped it and created a vaccine that renders it almost completely impotent. And hundreds of thousands of “patriots” are refusing to take it in the name of freedom against the communism of the Democratic Party. 

Live look at @DonkeyCigars

28mg.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Yep, exactly what I was saying earlier. Now Fauci can't even say why people with natural immunity should get the vax. Problem is we have no protocol. It's just draconian everyone should get it when it should be if you've had covid you don't have to get it because in fact your immunity is fine. 

I knew it! That damn fauci strikes again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

The problem is that most people, whether they've been vaccinated or had covid, don't know what the antibody levels are in their bodies.

Well, except for those of us who are doing stuff like the Texas Cares study or whatever, and have been tested.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The problem is that most people, whether they've been vaccinated or had covid, don't know what the antibody levels are in their bodies.

Well, except for those of us who are doing stuff like the Texas Cares study or whatever, and have been tested.

It doesn't matter. There probably are rare cases of it dropping off but study after study is now showing as it has with other SARS virus immunity is conferring out a long time. The vaccinated is what you have to worry about (well and the unvaxed people who haven't had covid although why worry about them they made a personal choice) because the vax effectiveness seems very short lived. Although new lancet study still doesn't even recommend vax booster because although it basically says you'll likely get it the vaccine still keeps severe events fairly low. You don't need to worry about the people that have had covid. The data is baring that out. It's also why you have a very large chuck of the unvaccinated pushing back because they know they've had covid and they're reading the data like fauci and everyone else. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 1

https://www.thedailybeast.com/joe-biden-mandate-sparks-price-gouging-for-fake-vax-cards?ref=scroll

It just got more expensive to be an anti-vaxxer.

In the days before President Joe Biden announced all private sector businesses with more than 100 employees would have to require their employees be fully vaccinated, fake vaccine cards cost approximately $100. The day after his announcement last week, fake vaccine card prices doubled to $200.

The number of sellers peddling bogus cards also went up, spiking from 1,000 to more than 10,000 sellers, security researchers at Israeli security firm Check Point, which was founded by veterans of an elite cyber unit of Israel’s military intelligence directorate, tell The Daily Beast.

The number of subscribers in Telegram groups oriented towards fake vaccine cards has grown by a multiple of five, the researchers, who monitor the darknet and deep web, said.

Spoiler

”It’s clear to us they’re using current events to galvanize the market,” researchers at Check Point found, said spokesperson Ekram Ahmed, who added that the researchers are primarily observing the uptick in scams for U.S. and European vaccination cards.

Anti-vaxxers have long been working to skirt around societal pressures to get the jab and scammers have been meeting them where they are—counterfeit cards have been found on Telegram, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Facebook, Instagram, and other marketplaces for months.

It’s illegal to order fake vaccine cards, and those who opt for phony cards that use an official government seal are committing a felony and could be sent to prison for five years, according to an alert from the FBI.

But that hasn’t stopped individuals intent on trying to dodge the shot. Biden’s announcement has caused a boom in the fake card market, researchers say.

In the early months of this year, those interested in buying fake vaccine cards tended to be dealers and distributors who would later sell their fraudulent cards to unvaccinated customers seeking to fly under the radar, according to Check Point research. But as more vaccines and public health policies have rolled out around the country, the conversation surrounding fake vaccine cards has shifted into a direct-to-consumer model, with consumers buying straight from sellers on Telegram, Ahmed said.

Similarly, after Russian cities began announcing vaccine mandates, fraudsters looking to make a buck off of fake vaccine card sales and distribution jumped into gear, according to researchers at security firm Flashpoint that monitor criminal forums on the deep web.

Even on a smaller scale, when some cities around the U.S. have announced vaccine mandates or testing requirements in order for people to frequent certain businesses or to attend school in certain school districts, researchers have seen sales of the fake records tick up.

”Anytime a major city such as New York or San Francisco makes a vaccine mandate or showing proof of vaccination there’s been a spike in the number of sellers” of fake vaccine cards, Ahmed said.

The groundswell of interest in faking proof of vaccination in the U.S. has been lucrative for months now. Just last month a shipment of fake vaccine cards arrived in the U.S. from Shenzhen, China, according to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection alert. CBP officers have been seizing bogus vaccine cards—some of which are riddled with typos—around the country from Chicago to Anchorage to Memphis, where authorities seize hundreds of fake vaccination cards every day.

“The market for fake vaccine cards established itself in early 2021 alongside the official rollout of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines,” a spokesperson for Flashpoint told The Daily Beast. “The initial discussions across threat actor communities were not high in volume, but we did observe an uptick in conversations starting in July.”

However, unlike the data released by Check Point, the spokesman for Flashpoint said their researchers haven’t seen a marked uptick in the days since Biden’s mandate, according to findings the firm hasn’t yet made public.

Although the underground market of grifters and people willfully throwing their fellow citizens under the bus and looking to trick others into thinking they’re fully vaccinated is going strong, most Americans are actually in favor of Biden’s vaccine mandate—according to a joint Politico and Morning Consult poll published Monday, 58 percent of respondents said they support a rule requiring businesses with 100 or more employees to mandate employees get vaccinated or show proof of testing; 51 percent of respondents in a CNN poll said they support a vaccine mandate for adults in the U.S.

Approximately 53 percent of the American population is fully vaccinated, while a little over 63 percent have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the latest data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The Department of Justice has been working to tackle fake vaccine card distributors for months, with several new busts in recent weeks.

On Aug. 17, the DOJ announced the arrest of a licensed pharmacist in Chicago, who was charged for allegedly selling fake vaccine cards for just $10 a pop, according to court documents.

“To put such a small price on the safety of our nation is not only an insult to those who are doing their part in the fight to stop COVID-19, but a federal crime with serious consequences,” Special Agent in Charge Emmerson Buie Jr. of the FBI’s Chicago Field Office said of the arrest in a press release.

On Aug. 31, a New Jersey woman, Jasmine Clifford, who went by the handle “AntiVaxMomma” on Instagram, was charged as part of a conspiracy to sell fake CDC vaccination cards for $200 apiece, according to a press release from Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus R. Vance Jr..

For $250, clients could get their information entered into the New York State Immunization Information System, which feeds information into New York’s digital vaccine pass, according to the district attorney’s announcement.

Several Vermont state troopers are also under FBI investigation for allegedly running a scheme making fake vaccination cards, according to a September announcement from Vermont State Police.

“If these allegations are proved to be true, it is reprehensible that state troopers would manipulate vaccination cards in the midst of a pandemic, when being vaccinated is one of the most important steps anyone can take to keep their community safe from COVID-19,” Col. Matthew T. Birmingham, director of the Vermont State Police, said in a statement.

4 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Looks like the LAPD  will have 2,600 job openings soon

That's the angle.  LAPD is gonna take a huge hit if that many officers walked off the job. Hiring, training, etc will take months, if not years to replace a group that large.  So, let's play up the "gambling with the safety of the public" angle that the GOP, the police union, etc is going to go with in the coming days and weeks.

Meanwhile, and I have no idea on this, but I suspect the LAPD has other vaccine mandates in place for their officers.

17 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The NYPD is in the same boat as the LAPD.  Lots of officers going to be without a job shortly.  Fucking idiots the lot of them.

https://time.com/6092508/nypd-low-covid-19-vaccination-rate/

What if they had covid and they just don't want to take a vax with side effects for a disease they already have immunity from? That's probably a large chunk of them. 

• Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That's the angle.  LAPD is gonna take a huge hit if that many officers walked off the job. Hiring, training, etc will take months, if not years to replace a group that large.  So, let's play up the "gambling with the safety of the public" angle that the GOP, the police union, etc is going to go with in the coming days and weeks.

Meanwhile, and I have no idea on this, but I suspect the LAPD has other vaccine mandates in place for their officers.

This is another reminder of how awful Dems are at politics. Encouraging the anti-vaxxers should be seen as the greatest domestic threat of our time. Dem messaging should be laser-focused on making the anti-vaxxers as ostracized as “reds” were in the ‘50s.

Dems continually bring pillows to gunfights and wonder why they can’t win elections. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

16 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Lulz.  If there’s one thing we all remember about the aids epidemic, is that there is no stigmatization of people that had it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Bowers, which ofcourse inspired the film Philidelphia. I have to say though that I think drawing this kind of parallel seems specious to me.

13 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

What side effects, specifically?

Well, a lot of people feel like shit after taking it. For instance, my 16 yr old son who had covid got the shot so he wouldn't be quarantined from football if exposed. Stupid he felt pressure to get a shot he didn't need but he didn't want to potentially miss a game. Well, he got sick as fuck for 3 days after 1st Pfizer shot. He ended up missing 2 days of school and  2 practices . That's pretty common people feeling ill after the 1st or 2nd shot. Why go through that if you already have natural immunity? 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So myocarditis or previous infection are the new reasons du jour to not to get vaccinated.  Wonder what they'll be next week?

Just follow the science. Why get a shot you don't need if previously infected? Fauci couldn't even answer that question. I had chicken pox as a kid and I'm not going to go get the vaccine for it either unless data shows my natural immunity is no longer as good as vaccine immunity. 

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The NYPD is in the same boat as the LAPD.  Lots of officers going to be without a job shortly.  Fucking idiots the lot of them.

https://time.com/6092508/nypd-low-covid-19-vaccination-rate/

My wife has a close friend who's husband is in the NYPD.  Wife has been vaxxed, but husband hasn't.  Hates masks, etc.  You get the picture.

He's been on the force for 20 years or so, yet he's perfectly willing to walk (to her changrin) over this policy.  

Give up a job that pays (with his rank) probably $150K a year to own the libs.

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Just follow the science. Why get a shot you don't need if previously infected? Fauci couldn't even answer that question. I had chicken pox as a kid and I'm not going to go get the vaccine for it either unless data shows my natural immunity is no longer as good as vaccine immunity. 

Probably because he wants to stew over more data on that topic.  Nerds are funny that way.  I know it's an alpha sign of leadership to just start spouting off at the mouth about whatever pops into your head, "Uh, if you've been infected...you should get the shot only if...uh (looks around the room)...there are no halogen lights to shove up your ass or dairy creamer to inject into your veins."