CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Kennedy is on the front lines of some good stuff, which makes it weird he is such a Trumpist.

Fuck him.  He'll rubberstamp any fuckstick that Dotard appoints, then will act surprised when they turn out to be incompetent morons.

11 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Fuck him.  He'll rubberstamp any fuckstick that Dotard appoints, then will act surprised when they turn out to be incompetent morons.

He quite literally did the opposite. He ran off that retard that Trump nominated for District Court that had never tried a case or even read the rules of civil procedure.

7 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

He quite literally did the opposite. He ran off that retard that Trump nominated for District Court that had never tried a case or even read the rules of civil procedure.

He had no problem confirming the guy:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00354

"I would argue that the colossal mismanagement of the Executive branch over the last four years has minimized the efficacy of all government agencies to the point that FEMA, the CDC, and others lack the necessary bureaucratic efficiency necessary to protect the population, because they're constantly undermined by political hacks. It's a big part of the story, whether you like it or not."

Read “The Fifth Risk” by Michael Lewis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I don’t know what your link is, but Matthew Peterson‘s nomination was with drawn within hours of that Q and A.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_S._Petersen

1 minute ago, Parliament said:

Bernie is gonna be our next President. Coronavirus is gonna send us into recession, which makes it hard to get reelected.

Our Nation needs a President who's good at the "folksy fireside chat." Donald Trump ain't that.

Well the fireside chat guy got the benefit of being elected after the crash. That always helps your popularity. 

5 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

holy fucking shit, you may just be on to something:

source.gif

I’m not so sure. Above all else, Trump is an all-hat, no-cattle, self-preserving pussy just like his supporters. On top of being a germaphobe and I’m not buying any way he could be goaded the way y’all are saying. 

Supply chain disruption on so many different levels is just beyond the horizon. 

You better believe it... we’re already feeling it in the game industry. Almost all of our vendors in China have gone dark, and the ones responding to us have confirmed multiple of our contractors have come down with the virus. That’s gonna have an impact on output and our bottom line... Q1 earnings should be interesting!

Meanwhile, all the major players are pulling out of the biggest conferences of the year. This thing is just heating up from my perspective and in no way do I feel that we’re prepared.

1 minute ago, Goredho said:

Dropped $500 on canned meats, fruits and veggies at Costco then dropped another $200 on weed at the dispensary.  If this proves to be much ado about nothing, it’s going to be like Snoop put the local food bank in his will.

You live up here in Portland, or in Colorado?

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, considering antibiotics won't do shit against a virus, I think we dodged a bullet on that.

Thanks for that tid bit. I am sure that this will be very reassuring news to the hundreds of millions of Americans who need treatment for any variety of bacterial infections this year.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Thanks for that tid bit. I am sure that this will be very reassuring news to the hundreds of millions of Americans who need treatment for any variety of bacterial infections this year.  

Well don't you worry, their insurance companies will just stop covering the drug because it's not profitable to. It's what they do for most inconvenient drugs. 

Just now, Captainant said:

Well don't you worry, their insurance companies will just stop covering the drug because it's not profitable to. It's what they do for most inconvenient drugs. 

Most of the stuff coming from China is raw ingredient for very cost effective generic medications. 

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yes and when generics dry up, you don't think that will have any impact on the availability and price of the name brand drugs? 

If we really have an extended supply chain issue, we likely move some production on shore. Which would be a good thing. Maybe prices go up, but you won’t see a substantial shift in coverage. Payers aren’t going to stop covering amoxicillin.  From a national security perspective being reliant on China for basics such as antibiotics dispensed hundreds of millions of times each year is not a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Gilead otoh pumps their stuff out of Canada and Ireland. 

Funny you mention Gilead - they were the ones that developed Tamiflu, which had sales skyrocket in the aughts stoked by bird flu hysteria.  Rumsfeld sat on their board or something before being Sec Def.  I recall some news about him talking it up.

Just now, triplehorn said:

Funny you mention Gilead - they were the ones that developed Tamiflu, which had sales skyrocket in the aughts stoked by bird flu hysteria.  Rumsfeld sat on their board or something before being Sec Def.  I recall some news about him talking it up.

It wasn’t random. Gilead also has the agent with potential application for coronavirus. Remdesivir. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If we really have an extended supply chain issue, we likely move some production on shore. Which would be a good thing. Maybe prices go up, but you won’t see a substantial shift in coverage. Payers aren’t going to stop covering amoxicillin.  From a national security perspective being reliant on China for basics such as antibiotics dispensed hundreds of millions of times each year is not a good thing. 

People are more worried about their iPhones, bro.

One medical supply crisis we heard little about was the critical shortage of IV saline bags after hurricane Maria destroyed Puerto Rico.  That went on for months.  Turns out the main suppliers for US had their manufacturing of sterile saline bags concentrated in PR.  As essential as sterile IV bags are for medicine and surgery, it would make sense from a national security perspective to diversify manufacturing locations.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

One medical supply crisis we heard little about was the critical shortage of IV saline bags after hurricane Maria destroyed Puerto Rico.  That went on for months.  Turns out the main suppliers for US had their manufacturing of sterile saline bags concentrated in PR.  As essential as sterile IV bags are for medicine and surgery, it would make sense from a national security perspective to diversify manufacturing locations.

it’s really amazing how fragile the system is.

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Trump is holding a news conference today to surely lie about US preparedness and risk. While incredibly irresponsible, it also seems like political suicide if the virus does indeed become a global pandemic. 

The base will blame it on fake news and the Democrats. Moose out front should’ve told ya.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk