CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

The base will blame it on fake news and the Democrats. Moose out front should’ve told ya.

At some point the rising deaths and ensuing global recession will have a material impact. The world’s biggest manufacturing areas are being affected and the problem seems to be getting worse by the day. 

54 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Trump is holding a news conference today to surely lie about US preparedness and risk. While incredibly irresponsible, it also seems like political suicide if the virus does indeed become a global pandemic. 

If you think the government’s handling of this coronavirus is bad, can you imagine how bad it would be if it ran your healthcare?

/Republican

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You think people will suddenly support building a fucking wall or something?

Fuck, build it till sea from shiny sea can't be seen from the coast, till at least this all blows over.

happy hour drinking GIF

But really, if something like The New Way Forward Act is anything to go by.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5383/text?q={"search"%3A["chamberActionDateCode%3A\"2019-12-10|116|1000\"+AND+billIsReserved%3A\"N\""]}&r=10&s=4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

Fuck, build it till sea from shiny sea can't be seen from the coast, till at least this all blows over.

happy hour drinking GIF

But really, if something like The New Way Forward Act is anything to go by.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5383/text?q={"search"%3A["chamberActionDateCode%3A\"2019-12-10|116|1000\"+AND+billIsReserved%3A\"N\""]}&r=10&s=4

Are you being serious or is this a joke? 

So it will actually be interesting to me to see if Trump evokes confidence in his speech tonight?  Or will the markets see it as something else?

The fact his "acting" Head of Homeland Security had no idea about the number infected or the death rate, was a moment of clarity. The people we now have in charge of protecting us, have a singular qualification that matters, loyalty to Donald Trump, nothing else matters.  What you have are a bunch of "acting" mini me Trumps that honestly have no idea what they are doing.  

This is the VERY FIRST actual crisis Trump has faced that was not largely of his own making. I expect a straight from the text speech with no questions.  

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

So it will actually be interesting to me to see if Trump evokes confidence in his speech tonight?  Or will the markets see it as something else?

The fact his "acting" Head of Homeland Security had no idea about the number infected or the death rate, was a moment of clarity. The people we now have in charge of protecting us, have a singular qualification that matters, loyalty to Donald Trump, nothing else matters.  What you have are a bunch of "acting" mini me Trumps that honestly have no idea what they are doing.  

This is the VERY FIRST actual crisis Trump has faced that was not largely of his own making. I expect a straight from the text speech with no questions.  

We're definitely getting low energy Trump. Sad!

7 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

At some point the rising deaths and ensuing global recession will have a material impact. The world’s biggest manufacturing areas are being affected and the problem seems to be getting worse by the day. 

On the other hand, less traffic in Austin.  So we got that going for us.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk