CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's already picking up steam in DT, with the stoking of @Satoshi/ @GRHorn

/@Muy Frio

Burning skins on suicide runs. That's his kink. That's his snowflake. Ignore works with him. 

Spoiler

I enjoy him on the crypto thread. It's interesting to watch.

(And for those who don't go the crypto thread much - it is not political, so stay out big brains. We do a pretty good job of keeping it non-political.) 

If you are interested in crypto as an alternative currency, it is a solid thread in this very unsettled market. Many perspectives are represented.  But no politics, please.

Edited by washparkhorn
open paren.

Kind of fucked up but here goes.  Donkeyseeds is the worst poster on this site.  We lost to Arkansas whose coach is a fat fucking r-word but he's not clearly not bulimic.  Kate's Secret was not that great a movie from what I remember but I was like 12.  Fozzz, you still suck.  

• Haha 2

On 9/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, VivaNaranja said:

Why do Texas fans scroll texags?  I like to know what the right is freaking out about so I can arm myself before I see my parents on the weekends. My mom voted for Trump twice, but generally avoids talking about it because she's so embarrassed at what a dipshit Trump is. Stepfather, father, and in laws are all full blown MAGAt and love them some Tucker.  If I watch the intro to Tucker Carlson -- or can stomach 15 minutes of Michael Berry on the way to meet them -- I can be forewarned what the discussion will entail.

Good god man. 

8 hours ago, lmao said:

9/11 killed 3000 people with an ever-changing, impossible-to snuff-out enemy. Covid has killed millions worldwide and continues to kill thousands of Americans everyday in a world where a safe and effective vaccine exists. Other people's "civil liberties" are infringing on other peoples' right to be alive.

• Hook 'Em 6

17 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

9/11 killed 3000 people with an ever-changing, impossible-to snuff-out enemy. Covid has killed millions worldwide and continues to kill thousands of Americans everyday in a world where a safe and effective vaccine exists. Other people's "civil liberties" are infringing on other peoples' right to be alive.

Majority of people are vaccinated and/or have antibodies from prior infection. As a vaccinated person an unvaccinated person is not a threat to me. 

• Fuck You 17

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Bro it’s Fozz. He a dumb troll

guys I'm sure delta is the last super variant that will incubate in our population of giant pieces of shit. we should continue to exist as we're existing now so that the stupidest pieces of shit who call themselves Americans can continue to exercise their freedom to not get vaccinated for this specific disease and face no actual repercussions at all apart from possibly dying of being a stupid piece of shit and taking down some of their stupid piece of shit family members with them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Or when they create the perfect biological petri dish for new variants of the disease to manifest itself, variants against which our vaccines have no efficacy.

Source other than Facebook or clickbait media? And how does that explain countries like Israel where the majority of people are vaccinated? I know it's easy to want a scapegoat but there is much more nuance to this pandemic.

Edited by lmao
  • Fuck You 7

13 minutes ago, lmao said:

Source other than Facebook or clickbait media? And how does that explain countries like Israel where the majority of people are vaccinated? I know it's easy to want a scapegoat but there is much more nuance to this pandemic.

LMAO:nuance; Texas O-line:blocking 

It’s like learning Sex Ed from a celibate priest.

Do go on though.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lmao said:

As has been explained to you many times, Israel's data does not show what your right wing media wants you to believe.  I know you don't care, because you're a low rent troll, but maybe there will come a day when you grow up and listen to people who know what they're talking about and lack an agenda.

Nah.

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

As has been explained to you many times, Israel's data does not show what your right wing media wants you to believe.  I know you don't care, because you're a low rent troll, but maybe there will come a day when you grow up and listen to people who know what they're talking about and lack an agenda.

Nah.

I don't follow right wing media outside of checking in to mock it. The tweet I posted is from a progressive school teacher. What's ironic is that your posts are steeped right wing neoliberalism. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
5 hours ago, lmao said:
Majority of people are vaccinated and/or have antibodies from prior infection. As a vaccinated person an unvaccinated person is not a threat to me. 

Go fuck yourself, Fozzz.

Yes or no, are the majority of people vaccinated and/or have antibodies from prior infection? 

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
On 9/11/2021 at 5:06 PM, Beau Vine said:
Lulz.

Protesting and rioting is a national past time in France.

And strikes.  Holy shit we got stuck in the 2003 train strike.  Was quite the effort involving a number of different conveyances to get out of Provence to Italy.  When we finally got on the train out of Ventimiglia to Venice it felt like The Great Escape or Von Ryan's Express.  

• Like 1

I don't remember this little dust up in 2016:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/brady-bunchs-susan-olsen-fired-as-radio-host-after-homophobic-rant-w455079/

Susan Olsen, who played the youngest daughter, Cindy Brady, on The Brady Bunch, was fired from her hosting gig on a Los Angeles–based radio show after she posted a homophobic rant on Facebook.

The 55-year-old former child star spoke with openly gay actor Leon Acord-Whiting as she cohosted LA Talk Radio’s Two Chicks Talkin’ Politics segment on Wednesday, December 7. After the show, Acord-Whiting took to Facebook to accuse Olsen of spreading “outrageous misinformation.”

“It is wildly irresponsible for LA Talk Radio to allow a Trump fanatic to co-host one of their programs, where she can spew her idiotic lies unchecked. (Being a liberal and a patriot are mutually exclusive? Hillary is causing the protests & hate crimes? The Koran is a political tract?),” he wrote, referencing the numerous topics discussed on Wednesday’s episode. “As much as I love [cohost] Sheena Metal, I think LA Talk Radio needs to give ‘Cindy Brady’ her walking papers. I will not listen to or appear on any shows there from this point forward until she’s gone. This isn’t just disagreeing on, say, tax plans or foreign policy. Susan Olsen spreads outrageous misinformation & it is dangerous and unprofessional.”

A day later, Olsen responded on her Facebook page, writing, “This is the little piece of human waste. He blocked himself from me before I could even get one hit in. If you can find him, please send him my love.”

Acord-Whiting then took the feud a step further and shared a screenshot of an expletive-filled private message that Olsen allegedly sent him on Facebook, which read: “Hey there little p–sy, let me get my big boy pants on and Reallly take you on!!! What a snake in the grass you are you lying piece of s–t too cowardly to confront me in real life so you do it on Facebook. You are the biggest f—-t ass in the world the biggest p–sy! My D–k is bigger than yours Which ain’t sayin much! What a true piece of s–t you are! Lying f—-t! I hope you meet your karma SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY.”

LA Talk Radio announced on Friday, December 9, it had fired the actress in the wake of her homophobic rant. “LA Talk Radio takes pride in its close and collaborative relationship with the LGBT community, and will continue to provide a home for those who have hopeful and positive messages of togetherness and tolerance to share with our listeners,” the station wrote in a statement on Facebook. “We will not tolerate hateful speech by anyone associated with our radio station and have severed our ties with a host that veered off the direction in which we are going.”

Oof, more on boosters...

referenced review article: https://www.thelancet.com/pb-assets/Lancet/pdfs/S0140673621020468.pdf

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/13/health/covid-vaccine-booster-lancet.html

None of the data on coronavirus vaccines so far provides credible evidence in support of boosters for the general population, according to a review published on Monday by an international group of scientists, including some at the Food and Drug Administration and the World Health Organization.

The Biden administration has proposed administering vaccine boosters eight months after the initial shots. But many scientists have opposed the plan, saying the vaccines continue to be powerfully protective against severe illness and hospitalization. A committee of advisers to the F.D.A. is scheduled to meet on Friday to review the data.

In the new review, published in The Lancet, experts said that whatever advantage boosters provide would not outweigh the benefit of using those doses to protect the billions of people who remain unvaccinated worldwide. Boosters may be useful in some people with weak immune systems, they said, but are not yet needed for the general population.

The 18 authors include Philip Krause and Marion Gruber, F.D.A. scientists who resigned from the agency, at least in part because they disagreed with the Biden administration’s push for boosters before federal scientists could review the evidence and make recommendations.

Several studies published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including three on Friday, suggest that while efficacy against infection with the Delta variant seems to wane slightly over time, the vaccines hold steady against severe illness in all age groups. Only in older adults over 75 do the vaccines show some weakening in protection against hospitalization.

Immunity conferred by vaccines relies on protection both from antibodies and from immune cells. Although the levels of antibodies may wane over time — and raise the risk of infection — the body’s memory of the virus is long-lived.

The vaccines are slightly less effective against infection with the Delta variant than with the Alpha variant, but the virus has not yet evolved to evade the sustained responses from immune cells, the experts said. Boosters may eventually be needed even for the general population if a variant emerges that sidesteps the immune response.

The experts cautioned that promoting boosters before they are needed, as well as any reports of side effects from booster shots such as heart problems or Guillain-Barre syndrome, may undermine confidence in the primary vaccination.

Data from Israel suggest that booster doses enhance protection against infection. But that evidence was collected just a week or so after the third dose and may not hold up over time, the experts said.

I wish they wouldn't raise the specter of side effects.  They are so rare.  They shouldn't enter the calculus for the vast majority of people.

Also, until I see a concerted effort to direct unused vaccines from the US to other countries, I'm not going to worry about a run on things that stand a good chance of being thrown away.

• Hook 'Em 1