CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

25 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Aren't they practicing?  So the team has come into contact with players who are positive.  You test the whole team....

I’m not certain of all the protocols but I know the NFL only tests vaccinated players if they’re symptomatic. Plenty of these games are being played with positive cases that aren’t being tested. 

Edited by 4th&Five

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thanks emoji3590.png

It’s been an adjustment to deal with everything and lord knows, I never imagined myself as a Marine Mom lol.

But from what I can tell from his letters home, he is actually loving boot camp and may have finally found his place.

And that’s really all we can hope for our adult kids. I’m terrified about literally everything that might happen in the world that might need a military presence at the moment but hopefully his MOS (Intelligence) will keep him somewhat safe.

There’s a bunch of Facebook groups for parents and family of recruits and since there’s a graduation every week, parents will take pictures of every recruit or platoon they see and post so other parents can maybe find their kid.

I’ve only been able to positively ID my boy in one picture - when they’re all dressed alike, newly bald, and sometimes wearing a face mask it’s very hard to pick up on who is who.

But I’m his mom so I can see the confidence in his carriage and face.

e54d16cf8ae3a33e5bec3602cdfeebd0.jpg

If I don’t get to see him celebrate his achievements in those dress blues I’m going to be crushed.

Tell you son thanks.  You, too.

You should be goddamn proud.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

At home COVID tests are sold out everywhere and now selling on 3rd party websites for >$300 lol.

That is fucking ridiculous.  I allegedly have 4 boxes on the way to me.  Should arrive tomorrow.  How they haven't used the DPA to ensure a massive amount of these suckers I am not sure.

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Aren't they practicing?  So the team has come into contact with players who are positive.  You test the whole team....

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m not certain of all the protocols but I know the NFL only tests vaccinated players if they’re symptomatic. Plenty of these games are being played with positive cases that aren’t being tested. 

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/media/2021/SEC Task Force Recommendations August 2021.pdf

SEC rules.
non vaccinated players tested once per week

vaccinated players only tested if symptomatic 

The funny kicker is they only have to isolate for 10 days and Aggys game is 14 days away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Any issues talking nyquil to relieve covid symptoms? Seems from doing my own research it should be fine.

Symptoms are currently minor and I'm vaccinated. But starting to get a little congestion and small fever.

I don’t know about Covid but it relieves the whole being awake problem 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Holy hell, almost 230,000 new cases today. Highest since early august

Were all about to get it. most of us anyway. 

Hopefully it will then become the common cold and not kill a lot along the way to that point. This last stage, hopefully, will be the last. I believe it will. I am an eternal optimist. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Any issues talking nyquil to relieve covid symptoms? Seems from doing my own research it should be fine.

Symptoms are currently minor and I'm vaccinated. But starting to get a little congestion and small fever.

None for me, I took some the for the first few days to help with what you described as well. After that it was simply resting that took care of the rest of the cold symptoms.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Except that finding home tests right now is damn near impossible.

Boss was saying we're going to possibly start having in-person meetings in January.

all attendees must be vaccinated( check)

all attendees will exercise social distancing( check, and fuck yes)

All attendees will have Cv-19 test before meeting( She seemed fucking shocked when i told her I've never been tested.)

I 've not been sick in 2 years. I exhibited zero symptoms, and I abide by basic protocols.  Why the fuck would I have previously been tested?

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

My son graduates from Parris Island and becomes a Marine on 1/21.

And if this wave follows the last waves, the South usually gets slammed 4-6 weeks after the big initial urban outbreaks.

This pandemic has taken a lot from me and my kids - the lives of three acquaintances and two close friends, my daughter’s senior year of high school and freshman year of college, my marriage, my relationships with people who refuse to do the right thing…..and it’s given me a metric extra shit ton of stress in my career.

I swear to God if they have to cancel the family participation in his graduation and his 10 days of liberty before he reports for his 30 day infantry training in North Carolina, that may be what breaks me.

comgrats !!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Thanks emoji3590.png

It’s been an adjustment to deal with everything and lord knows, I never imagined myself as a Marine Mom lol.

But from what I can tell from his letters home, he is actually loving boot camp and may have finally found his place.

And that’s really all we can hope for our adult kids. I’m terrified about literally everything that might happen in the world that might need a military presence at the moment but hopefully his MOS (Intelligence) will keep him somewhat safe.

There’s a bunch of Facebook groups for parents and family of recruits and since there’s a graduation every week, parents will take pictures of every recruit or platoon they see and post so other parents can maybe find their kid.

I’ve only been able to positively ID my boy in one picture - when they’re all dressed alike, newly bald, and sometimes wearing a face mask it’s very hard to pick up on who is who.

But I’m his mom so I can see the confidence in his carriage and face.

e54d16cf8ae3a33e5bec3602cdfeebd0.jpg

If I don’t get to see him celebrate his achievements in those dress blues I’m going to be crushed.

FWIW, my mom couldn't make graduation.  It was f'ing awesome just to get to see her on leave after basic.

On graduation day, i was just ready to GTFO and get on that plane.

I promise he misses you and can't wait to see you, either way.

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Boss was saying we're going to possibly start having in-person meetings in January.

All attendees will have Cv-19 test before meeting( She seemed fucking shocked when i told her I've never been tested.)

I 've not been sick in 2 years. I exhibited zero symptoms, and I abide by basic protocols.  Why the fuck would I have previously been tested?

Be sure and get that booster.

We were back in the office and began travelling again in May. Being vaxxed, I rarely wore a mask during the first couple of trips but after having several in-person meetings in Stephenville, I fell pretty ill back in August. Got my one and only Covid test afterward (results were negative), but I caught a nasty summer cold on the trip after not being sick throughout the entire pandemic. It was probably the one with the initials I can't recall which was getting all the children sick. I guess the lesson is that there's always shit floating around -- not just Covid.

Hell, because of cedar fever down here in Austin, I'm actually wearing the damn mask when just out and about even though it looks goofy. The dust storm y'all sent our way a couple of weeks ago with that cold front sent my allergies over the top, and I ended up with a fucking sinus infection. Cedar on top of that was painful. Pretty sure I'll be wearing a mask a lot more in the future from December through February from here on out solely for cedar. It certainly seems to help, because if I take it off with windows open I start sneezing my head off after about a half hour.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Hell, because of cedar fever down here in Austin, I'm actually wearing the damn mask when just out and about even though it looks goofy. The dust storm y'all sent our way a couple of weeks ago with that cold front sent my allergies over the top, and I ended up with a fucking sinus infection. Cedar on top of that was painful. Pretty sure I'll be wearing a mask a lot more in the future from December through February from here on out solely for cedar. It certainly seems to help, because if I take it off with windows open I start sneezing my head off after about a half hour.

Cedar arrived today. Not the major wave but the first minor one. Much more to come.

Take Flonase twice a day, two shots now. Wear a mask when outdoors for any really length of time and you should be ok.

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Cedar arrived today. Not the major wave but the first minor one. Much more to come.

Take Flonase twice a day, two shots now. Wear a mask when outdoors for any really length of time and you should be ok.

Beg to differ. It got here (Austin) last Thursday.

But, yeah, I'm doing flonase+allegra. And "fuck yeah" on the outdoor masking. That's really been the key to getting it under control for me this past week.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Be sure and get that booster.

We were back in the office and began travelling again in May. Being vaxxed, I rarely wore a mask during the first couple of trips but after having several in-person meetings in Stephenville, I fell pretty ill back in August. Got my one and only Covid test afterward (results were negative), but I caught a nasty summer cold on the trip after not being sick throughout the entire pandemic. It was probably the one with the initials I can't recall which was getting all the children sick. I guess the lesson is that there's always shit floating around -- not just Covid.

I’m assuming based on this post you haven’t been taking any cedar medicine to date but let me know if I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Beg to differ. It got here (Austin) last Thursday.

But, yeah, I'm doing flonase+allegra. And "fuck yeah" on the outdoor masking. That's really been the key to getting it under control for me this past week.

One of the keys is to start the Flonase before it hits. 

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One of the keys is to start the Flonase before it hits. 

Yeah, I fucked myself on that. Waited too long. But, like I said, the dust that blew in from West Texas the Friday before last gave me the sinus infection before I was even thinking about cedar.

Que je suis idiot.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I try to make up for the lack of steroid pre-load by just doubling the dose. Don't think that it really helps, but it makes me feel better. 

That don’t hurt. But it’s better to start early.

You may think I’m an idiot on many topics, but Ive been dealing with this since the late 80s before people even knew what it was. I know of what I speak when it comes to the cedar.

• Hook 'Em 1

Also while Flonase is the bomb that kills the cedar. Allegra can really help too.

One potential downside for me though is that Allegra totally killed my libido while taking it. So unless you’re a pedo, Allegra might not be for you. Just my experience though. 

Edited by JimmyJames

4 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I believe they’ve not been practicing since it broke.  A LARGE segment of their message board fans wanted to take advantage of the practice but ditch the game. I’m 0% surprised they back out while technically still having enough players.  They weren’t bout that 8-5 after their ~6 opt outs. 

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

My son graduates from Parris Island and becomes a Marine on 1/21.

And if this wave follows the last waves, the South usually gets slammed 4-6 weeks after the big initial urban outbreaks.

This pandemic has taken a lot from me and my kids - the lives of three acquaintances and two close friends, my daughter’s senior year of high school and freshman year of college, my marriage, my relationships with people who refuse to do the right thing…..and it’s given me a metric extra shit ton of stress in my career.

I swear to God if they have to cancel the family participation in his graduation and his 10 days of liberty before he reports for his 30 day infantry training in North Carolina, that may be what breaks me.

Can’t rep anymore today but congratulations for you family and son. Hope you can make the graduation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One potential downside for me though is that Allegra totally killed my libido while taking it. So unless you’re a pedo, Allegra might not be for you. Just my experience though. 

If allegra reduces the risk of you procreating, we don't even consider that an adverse event.  Maybe a beneficial side effect. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

D. Not sure if it matters but I’m no doc. 

Depends on what you mean by "libido".  Pseudoephedrine is known to cause erectile dysfunction. 

D can mess with your D

So you’ve got a cold and you’ve been taking some over-the-counter drugs to get over it. You’re in the mood because your temperature is finally down, but so is your guy. Why? Paul R. Gittens, MD says your cold medicine is to blame: “Sudafed, or any cold medication that has the active ingredient Pseudoephedrine leads to constriction of the penile vessels and erectile dysfunction,” he notes.

Daughter’s rapid test popped positive. 

Merry Christmas!

Furk.

We just got everybody stateside and under one roof, including the boy’s German exchange brother. All of us had to test before we got on a flight, al negative. BUT….a 24 hour travel day in a KN 95 wasn’t super fun.

We have at home tests here. Will wait a couple of days and test anyone who wants it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Furk.

We just got everybody stateside and under one roof, including the boy’s German exchange brother. All of us had to test before we got on a flight, al negative. BUT….a 24 hour travel day in a KN 95 wasn’t super fun.

We have at home tests here. Will wait a couple of days and test anyone who wants it.

Yeah, I will admit to bringing the N95s with me, but I just used paper masks on board.  Granted, I was in Business and First, so lots more room.

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

It’s 10 days from first symptoms + 24 hours with no fever, is that right? I’m on day 10 and 72 hours past my last fever. Still shortness of breath and taste very muted, but otherwise feeling a ton better. 

Yep.  I only had a fever for one day and that was gone by the 15th.  My smell and taste came back once my congestion went away Sunday.  

15 hours ago, bolverk said:

This is what made cedar season a non-issue for me. Started when they were prescription only, now they’re both OTC.

We we’re bummed to learn that the oldest will be quarantined over Christmas as her roommate caught Covid at a party they both attended. Daughter and roommate were vaccinated the same time frame, but only my daughter received the booster. 

Roommate was sick for three days, and now feels better. Daughter hasn’t felt sick, nor has she tested positive. Booster works, I am hoping.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Roommate was sick for three days, and now feels better. Daughter hasn’t felt sick, nor has she tested positive. Booster works, I am hoping.

Not to be a wet blanket, but my wife's best friend just popped positive.  Boosted in late November.  Now, she is a family practice doc, so her exposure risk is probably pretty high, but still, it's disconcerting.  So far very mild disease.

So did Texas hospitals just say fuck it or is this a Scott and white temple thing. Wife had shoulder reconstruction today. No COVID tests required before surgery. No temp checks when we came in, none of the standard questions. Most docs and nurses are wearing standard paper masks, no KN-95s. 

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So did Texas hospitals just say fuck it or is this a Scott and white temple thing. Wife had shoulder reconstruction today. No COVID tests required before surgery. No temp checks when we came in, none of the standard questions. Most docs and nurses are wearing standard paper masks, no KN-95s. 

S&W sucks shit, so this doesn't surprise me

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, slorch said:

We've been doing in person meetings for awhile now.  My last trip to headquarters we also had to test once we got there before we walked into the office.  In our case we did it because one of our people is an expecting father and was trying to be extra careful about being around people while his wife is severely pregnant.  All my other trips just required everyone be vaxxed.  And that is going to continue well into the future where I work.