Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

15 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Fuck Rogan.

Anyone who ping-pongs between endorsing Bernie and Trump is just being contrarian for Look-At-How-I'm-Not-Being-A-Sheeple's sake.

he is every ufc fan. and i'm a guy who can like and watch ufc, but i don't guess i'm a fan who will buy the ppv. but rogan is every sweaty, bald, fuckstick who is a ufc fan. he doesn't think past the next five minutes. he is a roided out musclehead idiot who can sometimes come across as thoughtful, because we keep the bar so low for his dumb ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Couple friends tried to get me to listen to this guy. Who has time to listen to long ass podcasts? 

I liked some segments of interviews I saw a while back on Youtube with interesting non-political people. At the time I thought he sounded reasonable and thoughtful. I also like his views on cannabis and legalizing drugs. Then as I saw more of his interviewee list, I realized far more of his interviewees are these Ben Shapiro and Jordan Petersen types. Giving voice to that kind of toxic masculinity is too much for me. It legitimizes what any decent person should abhor. I guess that's the UFC machismo nonsense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orale said:

I liked some segments of interviews I saw a while back on Youtube with interesting non-political people. At the time I thought he sounded reasonable and thoughtful. I also like his views on cannabis and legalizing drugs. Then as I saw more of his interviewee list, I realized far more of his interviewees are these Ben Shapiro and Jordan Petersen types. Giving voice to that kind of toxic masculinity is too much for me. It legitimizes what any decent person should abhor. I guess that's the UFC machismo nonsense. 

so,  he's smart when he agrees with you but not when he doesn't...awesome,  thanks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

On 9/17/2020 at 5:24 PM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Joe Rogan is Alex Jones v2.0, Kinder & Funnier (?) douche looking to corner the conspiracy theory market and money.

20 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Fuck Rogan.

Anyone who ping-pongs between endorsing Bernie and Trump is just being contrarian for Look-At-How-I'm-Not-Being-A-Sheeple's sake.

Yep, and then whenever he says factually incorrect garbage like he did this week or asks open-ended questions that validate some of his or his guest's idiotic conspiracy theories, Rogan and his bro-man acolytes predictably deploy his "I'm not a journalist, I'm just a guy who likes to smoke pot and learn stuff" parachute.

GO FUCK YOURSELF ROGAN.

1 hour ago, Orale said:

The most damning indictment of modern America is that millions of dipshits think that Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Dave Ruben, etc. are the pinnacle of masculinity. It’s truly incredible.

• Hook 'Em 3

The most damning indictment of modern America is that millions of dipshits think that Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Dave Ruben, etc. are the pinnacle of masculinity. It’s truly incredible.

People still think of John Wayne as a tough guy. Mel Brooks, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable is/were tougher.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

You can listen to them while you do other things. That’s like saying who has time to listen to music?

True. But music is enjoyable. If my background noise is somebody talking, they’re gonna be either intelligent and very knowledgeable about something(s) or funny as hell. I guess if you enjoy train wrecks he’s your guy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

When has Joe Rogan endorsed Trump?

Rogan issuing a retraction shows more intellectual honesty than pretty much any commentator you could name. He is what he's always been, a well-meaning doofus.

He already said he would vote for Trump, Whoopi Goldberg, or Mike Tyson over Joe Biden. Because, you know, Biden has dementia according to JoeBro.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

He already said he would vote for Trump, Whoopi Goldberg, or Mike Tyson over Joe Biden. Because, you know, Biden has dementia according to JoeBro.

He also said he's an idiot that's barely paying attention and no one in the world should look to him for politics 

6 hours ago, Orale said:

4 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so,  he's smart when he agrees with you but not when he doesn't...awesome,  thanks.

Motherfucker was an Apollo truther, then played the "just asking questions" bullshit.

Fuck that noise.  If you are that fucking stupid, or pretend to be for clicks, yeah, cool, you want Art Bell's and Alex Jones's fans.  Nice.

Oh, speaking of Alex Jones, he's good friends with Alex Jones.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NAVY said:

Couple friends tried to get me to listen to this guy. Who has time to listen to long ass podcasts? 

some interesting things there. also on the youtubes you can listen to more pointed 15 minute clips.

this thread is interesting. I mean - I think Brickhorn said it best somewhere else - he is that dude getting stoned in the dorm that is basically discovering new shit daily and can't wait to talk about it with you. There is nothing wrong with that at face value. He isn't a politician and yes, he is straddling some new age media/celeb thing which is undefined but hey good for him to make it happen

Imagine our resident 20-something year old Young Replublican Pepperbrooks getting stoned and discovering we have archeology and shit. Hey its cute if nothing else. 

IMO he does a good job of listening and creating. Not a good job of challenging. He had to come up with the baggage of the alt right weirdos but seems to have tried to slip into more nuancsed subject matter, and less culture/politics. At least thats what I see. I have only seen maybe 10 to 15 smaller youtube clips and some I truely enjoyed, but some are a bit much. So my sample size is very small and I am sure some amped up surlster will offer a strongly worded letter to me here. 

It will be interesting to see where he goes. Good luck Joe, no one is counting on you (and shouldn't be)

• Hook 'Em 1

We value familiarity and showmanship over content.   I agree with Joe about the Trans kids.  I do not think children are capable of making life altering decisions such as changing their gender via medical intervention.   His conversation with Bill Burr was entertaining.  So I guess now that I am familiar with him, entertained by him,  maybe he is right about the moon landing/flat earth (or whatever stupid shit he believes in).

17 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

When has Joe Rogan endorsed Trump?

Rogan issuing a retraction shows more intellectual honesty than pretty much any commentator you could name. He is what he's always been, a well-meaning doofus.

Dude. All he did was defend trump like all last year. Stick with Bill Burr and some weirdo who claims he saw aliens. Shut the fuck up about politics 

• Hook 'Em 1

Admittedly, I'm not a Rogan follower. I remember him from NewsRadio and Fear Factor. Seen a couple MMA fights he called. W T F has happened to him? He has totally 'roided out. I've never seen a facial change like that since Jerry Lewis went on a different type of steroids for a completely different reason. It's not a good look. 

16 hours ago, Gourmand said:

And he also, in the same statement, said he wasn't endorsing Trump but didn't think we should put someone in the WH who is suffering from dementia. I don't listen to Rogan except when a controversy pops up on Twitter, but it's bizarre how eager people are to essentially lie about the guy when he's not that hard to understand. And for what?

25 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Dude. All he did was defend trump like all last year. Stick with Bill Burr and some weirdo who claims he saw aliens. Shut the fuck up about politics 

Fine, but he's more reflective and introspective than basically everyone here and most of us here are equally stupid.

19 minutes ago, RPM said:

Admittedly, I'm not a Rogan follower. I remember him from NewsRadio and Fear Factor. Seen a couple MMA fights he called. W T F has happened to him? He has totally 'roided out. I've never seen a facial change like that since Jerry Lewis went on a different type of steroids for a completely different reason. It's not a good look. 

HGH or something like it I would imagine.  Same thing happened to Barry Bonds.

28 minutes ago, tchookem said:
16 hours ago, seven said:
He also said he's an idiot that's barely paying attention and no one in the world should look to him for politics 

Then he should keep it to himself, and talk about how much to tip people that deliver curbside orders or whatever comedians talk about on podcasts.

Lol, what a ridiculous statement 

2 minutes ago, tchookem said:
9 minutes ago, seven said:

Why is that ridiculous? If there's a topic I'm uniformed about, I don't offer my opinion in conversations. Not only is he offering his opinion, he's offering it to thousands (millions?) of people. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Yet here you are offering an uninformed opinion on Joe Rogan. Curious. 

18 minutes ago, tchookem said:
25 minutes ago, seven said:

Why is that ridiculous? If there's a topic I'm uniformed about, I don't offer my opinion in conversations. Not only is he offering his opinion, he's offering it to thousands (millions?) of people. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

Gotta love a man in uniform. 

• Like 1

Yet here you are offering an uninformed opinion on Joe Rogan. Curious. 
Your own words:

If this is what Joe Rogan says, I think it's reasonable to expect him not to comment on politics. As for you and your logic, I'm disengaging. Enjoy your meathead (I have listened to it) podcast.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Fine, but he's more reflective and introspective than basically everyone here and most of us here are equally stupid.

Dude. I like the guy just fine. His politics are fucking absurd. It’d be nice if he avoided that shit and just shot the shit with Burr and the sober October group. Get Stanhope in there every now and then. The Elon episodes were awesome. He’s had a bunch of historians, astrophysicist, biologist, archaeologists, navy seals, etc. as guest. Stick with that. He’s at his best when he’s either shooting the shit with other comedians or just letting a casual conversation take place with Elon Musk or a historian just talk about the 3rd Reich or whatever. Just shut the up about politics unless like Trumps piss tape got out or whatever 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That's too bad. You missed out on his great Tulsi Gabbard, Bernie Sanders and UFO shows. Rogan doesn't ask great questions, and he talks too much in general. But his show is good overall.

On 9/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Fuck Rogan.

Yeah, there couldn’t be two more opposite candidates.  

15 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Yeah, there couldn’t be two more opposite candidates.  

Rogan knows a lot about a few subjects like stand up comedy or ufc. Outside of that he usually goes along with the guest’s point of view. He’s not going to out politic a discussion with Ben Shapiro since Shapiro has arguments and half facts lined up. 

I pick and choose rogan videos in youtube. For the ones I open, I’m entertained by them. I’m just hearing about how he went on about Biden’s “obvious dementia” earlier this year. That was a horrible and wrong take.  
That's the thing, it was a horrible and obviously wrong take that he served to millions of gullible listeners. Biden's appearances the last month have clearly dispelled that smear all while Trump legitimately is mentally impaired.

Aside from being a dick thing to say about Biden, it dangerously misinforms his listeners. That's a strike 1 2 3 for me.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Dude. I like the guy just fine. His politics are fucking absurd. It’d be nice if he avoided that shit and just shot the shit with Burr and the sober October group. Get Stanhope in there every now and then. The Elon episodes were awesome. He’s had a bunch of historians, astrophysicist, biologist, archaeologists, navy seals, etc. as guest. Stick with that. He’s at his best when he’s either shooting the shit with other comedians or just letting a casual conversation take place with Elon Musk or a historian just talk about the 3rd Reich or whatever. Just shut the up about politics unless like Trumps piss tape got out or whatever 

I would watch/listen to his show all of the time if he kept the truly crazy shit out.  I don't even mind some of the politics.

And by crazy shit, I mean the qanon shit, the Apollo truther shit, etc.  It's one thing to have the Navy guy on talking about the weird shit that he saw - that's fine.  It's another to when you're playing the "just asking questions" game and veering into batshit crazy territory and bringing in people that normally hang out on Art Bell fan clubs, or actively visit/support Alex Jones.  Ironically, he thinks he could have kept Jones safe from being sued over claiming the Parkland high school shootings, because he would have told Jones to back off on claiming that the kids were actors and weren't really killed, etc.  Thinking that you can be the voice of reason for somebody who is pushing something that fucking insane, that says quite a bit.

51 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rogan knows a lot about a few subjects like stand up comedy or ufc. Outside of that he usually goes along with the guest’s point of view. He’s not going to out politic a discussion with Ben Shapiro since Shapiro has arguments and half facts lined up. 

And there it is:  He gives legitimacy to a lot of people who do not deserve it.  One of my in-laws is into qanon shit, and she's passed along plenty of Rogan's stuff as proof that those fucking idiots are onto something.  Rogan legitimizes them.   

You read Rogan's apology for spreading false rumors about the fires in Oregon, and it's the same thing he's said before:

“That turns out to not be true,” he said. “I was very irresponsible not looking into it before I repeated it. I read one story about a guy getting arrested for lighting fires [which] turned out to be true, but the other shit I read about people getting arrested for lighting fires in Portland was not true. 

“I repeated it without looking into it and it was a really fucking stupid mistake that won’t happen again. I’m sorry.”

"Won't happen again".  Even though he's blasted shit out in the past about other topics that turned out not to be true.  "Just asking questions."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, that’s where I enjoy him when he just lets the historian talk about the bin laden raid or the rise and fall of the 3rd Reich. He lets that person talk and he asks decent to great questions to those scholar types he lets on. I can’t defend the Alex Jones shit or his fake ass dramatic “I’ve given it a lot of thought.....and I’m endorsing Bernie Sanders!” Shut the fuck up dude! You’re not Bill Maher. You know Jack fuck about these politicians. Endorses Bernie. Defense trump, but Biden is too old and senile and all that shit!?!!? Fuck you, dude. You have a serious audience amongst my democratic. If you sat there and told the truth about Biden, shit on trump when at the right moments(Woodward tapes, “Person. Woman. Man. Camera. Tv.” The Lysol and bleach shit. MAKE FUN OF THAT!!!! He had a chance to really make some change with his platform but he’s too much of a meathead/sophomore in college stoner that he doesn’t understand that. Or he does and he’s scared shitless of losing 20-40 year olds in the southeast. Fuck idk. 

Basically his show is solid but can sometimes be extremely dangerous. He needs to reflect on what got him here or he’s gonna be the next “YEAH, FUCK THAT GUY!!!!” Of the comedy world 

8 hours ago, RPM said:

It's the Barry Bonds diet under the T replacement. He lives an amazing life for his age, but I'm too vain.

and fuck @kevwun

Edited by JohnnyRage

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Absolutely. Fuck Bill Maher. He's a stupid asshole comedian/actor like the rest of them.

Dude.....the point was that politics is all Maher talks about. Well, mostly. Rogan has on all sorts of fucking guest. It’s clear his market is 20-mid30 year old stoners who want to listen to him shoot the shit with Elon or have some astrophysicist that can blow your fucking mind away. Just stay off politics unless it’s something outrageous.

11 hours ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, while Jimmy Stewart was flying a bomber over Germany.

That's nothing.  Google Eddie Albert (the "Green Acres" guy) sometime.  Heck, I'll do it for you:

On September 9, 1942, Albert enlisted in the United States Coast Guard and was discharged in 1943 to accept an appointment as a lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat "V" for his actions during the invasion of Tarawa in November 1943, when, as the coxswain of a Coast Guard landing craft, he rescued 47 Marines who were stranded offshore (and supervised the rescue of 30 others), while under heavy enemy machine-gun fire.[9]