Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Hook ‘Em Hangout joins action-packed Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Smokey’s Midway, and Longhorn City Limits pregame experiences

New food truck park and beer garden joins gameday experience beginning Sept. 4 at 11 a.m.

bevo_parade_lsu_p1901_1_.jpg?width=768&h

Bevo Blvd Map (PDF)
Smokey's Midway Map (PDF)
Longhorn City Limits Map (PDF)

Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Longhorn City Limits, and Smokey's Midway return bigger and better for the 2021 Texas Football season!  In addition, Texas Athletics is proud to announce the addition of Hook 'Em Hangout this year.  Located in Winship Circle on the northwest side of the stadium, Hook 'Em Hangout will feature over 10 of Austin's best food trucks, a new beer garden including 10+ beers on tap, and five large LED screens to watch the best games from around the country. 

"We are committed to making Texas Football gamedays the absolute best in the country," said Vice President and Director of Athletics Chris Del Conte. "Longhorn Nation will love the enhancements we've made to Bevo Blvd, Longhorn City Limits, and Smokey's Midway.  We can't wait to unveil them and introduce Hook 'Em Hangout as the new food and beverage tailgating destination on gamedays.  September 4 truly will be the Biggest Longhorn Family Reunion ever!"

In addition to Hook 'Em Hangout, several enhancements will welcome fans this season including:

Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B

• Fans can soar down Bevo Blvd on a 180-foot zip line!
  • Try your luck at Hook 'Em Ring, a giant-sized version of "Ring on a string"
  • Test your kicking skills at the Field Goal Challenge
  • Show off your touchdown dance skills and share them on social media at the H-E-B Endzone Dance Off
  • Enjoy live mural activations by Austin's best street artists, curated by HOPE Outdoor Gallery
  • Gear up with the largest assortment of Longhorns gear ever at the new "A Selection As Big As Texas" Pop-Up Shop featuring unique product rotating each game. 

Smokey's Midway

• Take a ride on the new 45-foot tall ferris wheel!
  • New rides and attractions including a Giant Pirate Ship, AG Hi-Striker where fans can go head-to-head against Austin's own major league rugby players, and other rotating activities such as Rodeo Roper
  • Children can enjoy the new Texas Longhorns-branded inflatable slide and games
  • Enjoy rotating street performers featured at the new Midway Stage
  • More State Fair-inspired food options throughout Smokey's Midway
  • All carnival games and attractions are FREE! No tokens needed.

Longhorn City Limits

• Enjoy live music all day including a headlining set by Shakey Graves at the September 4 home opener.  Artists for future games will be announced at a later date.
  • The Deep Eddy Lounge at Longhorn City Limits, featuring Texas-themed cocktails crafted from the award-winning Austin-based vodka, returns bigger and better in 2021!  Twice the size, twice the shade!  This refreshing area is a tailgating destination for fans who are 21 and over.
  • Silent Discos are back after select games including the September 4 and September 18 games!   
  • Fans can still enjoy happy hour pricing featuring $5 domestic and $6 premium beers at Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Longhorn City Limits, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout. 

SATURDAY, SEPT. 4 TIMELINE

• 7 a.m.:       Parking Lots open
  • 11 a.m.: Bevo Blvd presented by H-E-B, Deep Eddy Lounge at Longhorn City Limits, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout open
  • 11:30 a.m.: Official Texas Football pregame radio show on 104.9 The Horn begins
  • 12:30 p.m.: Bevo XV Parade presented by Texas Farm Bureau Insurance on Bevo Blvd
  • 12:30pm: Texas Exes Tailgate opens at Etter-Arbin Alumni Center
  • 12:30 p.m.: LHNs' Texas Gameday live broadcast begins
  • 12:30 p.m.: Live Music at Longhorn City Limits
  • 1:15 p.m.: Stadium Stampede on Bevo Blvd
  • 2 p.m.: Shakey Graves at Longhorn City Limits
  • 3 p.m.: Bevo Blvd, Longhorn City Limits, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout close*
  • 3:30 p.m.: Kickoff versus Louisiana!
  • Postgame: Silent Disco at Longhorn City Limits

Bevo Blvd., Longhorn City Limits, Smokey's Midway, and Hook 'Em Hangout are free for all fans to attend. No game ticket is required! All activities and timeline subject to change.

*All areas close 30 minutes prior to kickoff to allow fans with game tickets time to enter the stadium to see the Longhorn Band's pregame performance.

**Happy hour pregame pricing is exclusive to Bevo Blvd., Smokey's Midway, Longhorn City Limits, and Hook 'Em Hangout. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

08.30.2021 | Texas Athletics

Baumgartner joins Texas Athletics staff

Former Deputy Director of Athletics at Rutgers joins Chris Del Conte’s executive team as Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for Sports Administration.

Baumgartner_Sarah_sss_Texas00022.jpg?wid

AUSTIN, Texas — A highly-regarded and veteran administrator, Sarah Baumgartner joined the Chris Del Conte's Texas Athletics executive team this month as Executive Senior Associate Athletics Director for Sports Administration. A former student-athlete herself,  Baumgartner joined the Longhorn staff after serving as Deputy Director of Athletics at Rutgers for the past five years.

"Sarah is a tremendous addition to our staff and a proven leader who will be a great resource for our coaches, student-athletes, athletics department and our entire campus," said UT Vice President and Athletics Director Chris Del Conte. "I've known her for a long time, have tried to hire her before, and am just thrilled that the timing was right this time. She will be an invaluable member of our leadership team, brings a wealth of knowledge and experience and has already hit the ground running. Longhorn Nation will enjoy getting to know her and we're so lucky to have her in our Longhorn Family."

In her role with the Longhorns, Baumgartner will provide supervision of the head coaches, directors of operations, and program administrators for all 20 sports programs. She is the liaison to all areas within the athletics department that interact and support the sport programs and is responsible for monitoring student-athlete recruitment, experience, academic progress, and welfare.

In addition, she oversees equipment operations and serves as UT's liaison to Nike. She is a member of the Vice President/Athletic Director's senior management team and assists with the department-wide strategic planning efforts.

"I am honored to join The University of Texas Longhorn family," Baumgartner said. "I want to thank Chris Del Conte for giving me this unique and awesome opportunity to serve our coaches, student-athletes, and staff across all 20 programs. The rich history, passion, and pride here are unprecedented. I'm excited to get to work alongside some of the greatest thought-leaders and true legends in our business as a member of Chris' executive staff. And personally, my family and I can't wait to immerse ourselves in every bit of what makes this university and city so magical!"

In her time as Deputy Director of Athletics at Rutgers (2016-21), Baumgartner was responsible for providing oversight of all revenue generating and external departments, while also working with Rutgers Sports Health, student-athlete services and human resources. She was involved in budgeting, capital projects/master planning, contract negotiations, donor solicitation strategy and stewardship, and helped secure a landmark $10.5M naming rights partnership with SHI for the Rutgers football stadium. 

She began her time at Rutgers in 2013 as Senior Associate Athletic Director/Chief Development Officer, spearheading the department's development arm (R Fund) and launching the "R Big Ten Build" campaign, which raised more than $115 million and was responsible for several major capital improvements. The contributions to the campaign included the four largest gifts in Rutgers Athletics history, combining to exceed $26 million, and was buoyed by the largest gift in program history – a $15 million pledged by Gary and Barbara Rodkin to fund the Academic Success Center on Busch Campus. Other funded projects were the RWJBarnabas Health Athletic Performance Center, which is home for the men's and women's basketball, gymnastics and wrestling programs, the Marco Battaglia Practice Complex, the Fred Hill Baseball/Softball Training Complex, the Harriett and Bob Druskin Strength and Conditioning Center, the Ron and Joanna Garutti Strength and Conditioning Center, and The Brown Family Football Locker Room.

Prior to Rutgers, Baumgartner spent seven years with Missouri Athletics as the Associate Athletic Director for Development and men's basketball sport administrator. The Tigers enjoyed unparalleled success during her tenure, both athletically and in donor growth.

At Missouri, Baumgartner oversaw a 15-member staff that raised $84 million toward Mizzou's "Going for Gold" campaign. The athletics annual fund (Tiger Scholarship Fund) increased donor membership by 60 percent and grew annual fund gifts by 40 percent during that time. She successfully developed and executed the fundraising plan to capitalize on Missouri's transition from the Big 12 Conference to the SEC, which saw record highs for donor membership and dollars raised at Mizzou.

Baumgartner is a current member of the Women Leaders in College Sports Board of Directors and assists the Foundation Fund Committee to develop more resources for Women Leaders.

She also served as President of the National Association of Athletic Development Directors (NAADD) for the 2019-20 membership year. NAADD is an organization that enhances the athletics development and fundraising profession by providing educational, ethical and networking support. 

Additionally, she was a member of the NCAA Division I Women's Softball Committee from 2016-2019.

A native of Wheaton, Ill., and four-year letterwinner in softball at The University of Illinois, Baumgartner was an All-Big Ten Tournament and a Big Ten Sportsmanship Award honoree. In 2004, she received a bachelor's in business administration before earning her master's degree in sports administration from Illinois in 2005.

Baumgartner resides with her spouse, Pascha Boyd, and their twins, Greta and Leo

I saw Chris Plonsky at a grocery store in Austin yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for tickets or anything.

She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When the girl at the counter took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, Plonsky stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After the girl at the counter scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, Plonsky kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

I saw Chris Plonsky at a grocery store in Austin yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for tickets or anything.

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Ma'am, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When the girl at the counter took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, Plonsky stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After the girl at the counter scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, Plonsky kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

forrest gump GIF

Great story. You tell it so well. With such enthusiasm. 

1 hour ago, Big Woodrows said:

what-the-heck-is-going-on-here-confused.

Dude I totally saw that but didnt know what happened. I saw her in the parking lot after. After she pulled out of the handicapped spot (she had backed in a diagonal spot), she got out of her car and put two grocery carts in the handicapped spot. I was floored. Why would someone do that?

When she saw me looking, I was 3’ away, she shoulder checked me on the way back to her car. As I went to put the carts back to the cart rack, she honked her horn 3 times right behind me. Scared me to death. She proceeded to toss a milkshake at this little girl as she went the wrong way down the parking lot.
  • Like 1

Everyone knows that Plonsky does no grocery shopping. She makes female, freshmen, track athletes do it for her. She intentionally puts really embarrassing stuff on the list, like XXL Depends, and ultra super heavy day tampons. Then she makes them bring the bags into her house and put the groceries away real slowly, while wearing dirty volleyball shorts she took from the locker room. 

5 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

Everyone knows that Plonsky does no grocery shopping. She makes female, freshmen, track athletes do it for her. She intentionally puts really embarrassing stuff on the list, like XXL Depends, and ultra super heavy day tampons. Then she makes them bring the bags into her house and put the groceries away real slowly, while wearing dirty volleyball shorts she took from the locker room. 

You forgot this item...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47l94itqtudbiwhglpau

That day she wasnt shopping, just grabbing some candy bars and got called out for once

25 years into this league, hundreds of thousands of fans don't understand how TV works in the Big XII.  

That guy has to deal with the dumbest fucking shit each week.  I don't know how he keeps a smile.  

22 minutes ago, Lobo said:

25 years into this league, hundreds of thousands of fans don't understand how TV works in the Big XII.  

That guy has to deal with the dumbest fucking shit each week.  I don't know how he keeps a smile.  

I was always told the UT AD spun a big wheel and whatever time it stopped on, that's when our game was. That he got the idea from a Journey song.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...