Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 1/1/2019 at 9:58 AM, Machinator said:

Be Sure to Read article above ^^^^^^

CDC is truly "The Servant Leader"

Behind Del Conte’s desk are the words he read at his father’s memorial service, and the same message that sat behind his dad’s desk, too:

“People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered: forgive them anyway.

“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: be kind anyway.

“If you are successful, you’ll win some false friends and some true enemies: succeed anyway.

“If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: be honest and frank anyway.

“What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: build anyway.

“If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: be happy anyway.

“The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: do good anyway.

“Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

“You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God: it was never between you and them anyway.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I noticed this too - they had a colored hue to them. It was kinda weird but might have been odd lighting. 

Not sure about that- I noticed it as well on Sam but then the players on the sideline looked bright white. Again though, that could be lighting differences

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Be Sure to Read article above ^^^^^^

CDC is truly "The Servant Leader"

Behind Del Conte’s desk are the words he read at his father’s memorial service, and the same message that sat behind his dad’s desk, too:

“People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered: forgive them anyway.

“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives: be kind anyway.

“If you are successful, you’ll win some false friends and some true enemies: succeed anyway.

“If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you: be honest and frank anyway.

“What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight: build anyway.

“If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous: be happy anyway.

“The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow: do good anyway.

“Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough: give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

“You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God: it was never between you and them anyway.”

great words to live by. i'm going to print this out and put it in my wallet.

This guy is the anti-Patterson.

In fact, I'd like to see him pull off a pregame mock beheading event with old Steve as the "Man of the Hour".  Tell the UT Frats to send their pledges out to make the capture, drag his ass into Bevo Blvd before next year's home opener, make an ISIS style statement on LHN, and then use a rubber Rambo knife on old douchenozzle.

When it's done and the crowd is roaring, let him up, dust him off a bit, and say, "Steve, that'll be $75."

Profit

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i definitely noticed the uni's.  they looked cheap and shitty.  beck looked fat like his didn't fit right.  stormtrooper whites are my favorite jerseys in college football but didn't look great last night.

Part of it is definitely the Superdome lighting. It's never been great on TV.

51 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

CDC looks like outstanding hire.  

Think the impact of leadership and the organizational culture gets under-clubbed in how it can impact results on the field. Sure, AD's don't make plays, but I do believe strong leadership from the top can positively impact coaches, recruiting, donors, players, and ultimately results. For example, I credit Eric Hyman for resurrecting Toad as much as anyone. All that to say, not sure we could have done much better than CDC.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Think the impact of leadership and the organizational culture gets under-clubbed in how it can impact results on the field. Sure, AD's don't make plays, but I do believe strong leadership from the top can positively impact coaches, recruiting, donors, players, and ultimately results. For example, I credit Eric Hyman for resurrecting Toad as much as anyone. All that to say, not sure we could have done much better than CDC.

It's been said by a few people - one of CDC's first tasks when he arrived in December 2017 was to check on the morale of the football team, and when he saw that the locker room was not in great shape, he sat down with Tom and told him to tone it down and to treat the bowl game as a reward instead of a punishment for a shitty season. Subsequently, the majority of players (the ones who didn't sit out) bought in, we kicked Missouri's ass, and things took off from there.

He's a difference-maker.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, htownjd said:
3 hours ago, Red Five said:
Really if I were to press for one uniform change, it would be to go back to the super dark longhorn on the helmets.

Over numbers and letters on the jersey? Those are shiny too

No, superdark, REAl, burnt orange on every fucking thing.

Jersey, pants, field, stands, ads, shirts, hats.  Fucking all of it. 

Enough of the candy ass "electric burnt" orange that is used now.

Hey CDC, Thanks for all you do.  Oh, can we somehow get our fans to stop being whiny bitches all the time?  I know you're the Athletic Director and don't have any say or control of every individual fan and how they act at the biggest game we've had in a decade....in New Orleans.  Keep up the good work.

Fucking clowns.

I'm getting a little ragey

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

Which one of you is this 

At first I thought Rodrigo was talking about me, but I was sitting on the other side of the 50 from him. He forgot to mention that the Georgia fans booed our band when they took the field and booed our team before they took the field. Their fans also talked a lot of shit during the game. 

I didn’t do the SEC or SUC(?) (never heard that there) or overrated chants. I did yell at some of their shit taking fans as they left before the final whistle. Rodrigo sounds like a pussy who should worry about himself.

Our fans were pretty well-behaved. Always are. 

Edited by Tex Pete

36 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

🤦🏽‍♂️

I mean...are others not irrationally angry that he’s spending time answering these fucking idiots? I’m trying to picture a CEO of an airlines spending his time on twitter responding to fuckwads. Surely there’s a better use of his limited time.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I mean...are others not irrationally angry that he’s spending time answering these fucking idiots? I’m trying to picture a CEO of an airlines spending his time on twitter responding to fuckwads. Surely there’s a better use of his limited time.

As long as he's handling his other business, who gives a shit.

Hint: he's handling his other business.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

As long as he's handling his other business, who gives a shit.

Hint: he's handling his other business.

Someone should fire up an @AngryDelConte handle and respond to these fuckwads. 

Thanks Melinda, I’ll call ESPN and we’ll get that fixed ASAP! #nowmakemeasandwich

• Like 3