Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

7 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

CDC says that the city of Dallas and the state is going to invest "a couple of hundred million dollars" on improvements to the Cotton Bowl.

Sports Mayor doesn't want to lose another game on his watch to JerryWorld. The Cotton Bowl has also gotten some decent concerts in the past year, The Rolling Stones and Coldplay. Fair Park is getting a massive investment through some new bonds so I'd imagine that's where the new money is coming from. If they can add some new pissers and enlarge the concourses, that would be helpful. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Lastly, CDC was asked about bringing back paper ticket / printed tickets for season tickets holders;  He said that they had checked and couldn't find a vendor for printed tickets.  I find that very hard to believe as a quick search on the world wide internets shows many vendors but okay.

• Rage+1 1

58 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

CDC says that the city of Dallas and the state is going to invest "a couple of hundred million dollars" on improvements to the Cotton Bowl.

49 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If they can add some new pissers and enlarge the concourses, that would be helpful. 

Didn't they just do that?

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Didn't they just do that?

If you're ok with pissing in the ladies room or a sink.

As to ticket prices....damn.  I watched Vince wreck shop in Pasadena in 2006 for a cool 175.  Now I gotta watch some Juggalo drag his oversized band dork helmet across the field for 200.   

Edited by Surly Bevo

2 hours ago, TexasGary said:

Lastly, CDC was asked about bringing back paper ticket / printed tickets for season tickets holders;  He said that they had checked and couldn't find a vendor for printed tickets.  I find that very hard to believe as a quick search on the world wide internets shows many vendors but okay.

Why would anyone want a paper / printed ticket option?  Does anyone really miss leaving the tix on the counter at home, in the parked car, etc.?  Are there that many Army Brats out there? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Why would anyone want a paper / printed ticket option?  Does anyone really miss leaving the tix on the counter at home, in the parked car, etc.?  Are there that many Army Brats out there? 

Olds, plus people who should know better don't bother to download their tickets beforehand and have them ready and accessible and then are shocked when that becomes difficult to do with 150-200K (attendees, staff, tailgaters, students in their dorms, whatever)  people in and around the stadium sucking up the cell bandwidth.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

I am fine with the mobile ticketing.  It's just that I have never had season tickets to anything in my life.  I remember the first year I bought season tickets to Texas Football. I went out to the mailbox and discovered that large envelope with the spiral notebook of tickets that weren't printed on a Dot Matrix printer and had actual pictures of players. I think you could still forward the bar code to a mobile device.

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Olds, plus people who should know better don't bother to download their tickets beforehand and have them ready and accessible and then are shocked when that becomes difficult to do with 150-200K (attendees, staff, tailgaters, students in their dorms, whatever)  people in and around the stadium sucking up the cell bandwidth.  

And some people liked to save them as souvenirs to slide under the glass bar top or framed in a collage in their game room at home. At least that’s what I heard, gotdammit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Texas AD Chris Del Conte said the Texas-Oklahoma contract with the Cottom Bowl expires in three years. Said he wants to keep the game at the Cotton Bowl but move it to 2:30 p.m.

— Anwar Richardson (@AnwarRichardson) February 21, 2023

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
We’ve been told this is out of his control.

10 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Does anyone really miss leaving the tix on the counter at home, in the parked car, etc.?

No one ever forgets a phone or has a battery die (to add to what Surly Bevo said earlier).

And I was the lucky one to have my account hacked and have my etickets stolen. It’s a long, long story, but Bellmont was so concerned that I (a 35 year season ticket holder) was the real scammer that they made me file a police report as part of the multi-day process of getting my etickets restored… just in time for the first game. Yeah, we’re just a number to them. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
I’m still fucking pissed off.

On 2/5/2023 at 10:10 PM, Delta Charlie said:

I just don't understand why some fans are so fixated on the LED lights.  Yeah, it will be cool if/when DKR has them installed. But why keep badgering the AD about it?  Just seems so stupid to me.

Those lights will be so badass during all of our 11 a.m. games. 

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Tex Long said:

That sucks. For that kind of buckage, we could get TWO new coaches.

What does money the City of Dallas spends have to do with UT?

11 hours ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Paper tickets are really damn simple to transfer to someone else.  eTix are a pain in the ass.

Plus, souvenirs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

The first time I went to the CWS it was all paper tickets and I don’t think I paid more than $20 to get into any game buying tickets from the scalpers right outside the stadium just before game time.  The las time I went it was all electronic tickets and I ended up buying most of my tickets from ticket services.  No more $20 tickets.

3 minutes ago, Lerka Lerka said:

Amazon Studios Prime Video GIF by Harlem

Actually, it is if from game to game you are transferring to different people who do not have season tickets themselves and they have to go download the right app, etc., etc., etc.

With paper tickets I can just hand them a ticket.  Pretty damn easy.  Easier even than a screenshot, which will eventually not work because, I promise you, they will start going to the active tickets.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

What does money the City of Dallas spends have to do with UT?

Paper tickets are really damn simple to transfer to someone else.  eTix are a pain in the ass.

Plus, souvenirs. 

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The first time I went to the CWS it was all paper tickets and I don’t think I paid more than $20 to get into any game buying tickets from the scalpers right outside the stadium just before game time.  The las time I went it was all electronic tickets and I ended up buying most of my tickets from ticket services.  No more $20 tickets.

Correct, its just another way to gain a monopoly on ticket sales by Stubhub and the few other electronic sellers.  Cuts out the scalpers.  

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Actually, it is if from game to game you are transferring to different people who do not have season tickets themselves and they have to go download the right app, etc., etc., etc.

With paper tickets I can just hand them a ticket.  Pretty damn easy.  Easier even than a screenshot, which will eventually not work because, I promise you, they will start going to the active tickets.

yes getting up and driving through traffic, spending gas, adding another trip to the schedule is way more easy than clicking three fucking buttons on a phone. jesus christ you must hate technology. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

No issue with the OU game being 2:30 since that should continue to be the weekly SEC marquee game slot on ABC/ESPN.  We’re supposed to leave behind the 11am slots for the Medium 12/New AAC 

It's not like the 11am game is gone forever. ESPN/ABC still has 11am spots as well as the SEC Network. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Correct, its just another way to gain a monopoly on ticket sales by Stubhub and the few other electronic sellers.  Cuts out the scalpers.  

I think this is correct to an extent but I would also say you are nuts if you think the hobo looking guy on the corner with his stack of tickets in one hand and his well cadenced “extra tickets, hey anybody got extra tickets” crowd calls was a self made one man show scalper. He was just the dealer the ticket broker was always pulling the strings.

Technology made a better hobo.

12 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think this is correct to an extent but I would also say you are nuts if you think the hobo looking guy on the corner with his stack of tickets in one hand and his well cadenced “extra tickets, hey anybody got extra tickets” crowd calls was a self made one man show scalper. He was just the dealer the ticket broker was always pulling the strings.

Technology made a better hobo.

True, but I was thinking of the guy who ended up with 2 extra tickets because his brother had to cancel.  

Not much chatter on here  about us going back to natural grass  in a few years.   Is that an SEC thing?   I can't recall if any of the existing members have turf.

But how is that going to work out at DKR?   We went from the old AstroTurf to grass in the 90's and early 2k's to the new generation of turfs we have today and I recall toward the last transition, DKR was like playing in a mud pit even when the weather was somewhat dry.   

48 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Not much chatter on here  about us going back to natural grass  in a few years.   Is that an SEC thing?   I can't recall if any of the existing members have turf.

But how is that going to work out at DKR?   We went from the old AstroTurf to grass in the 90's and early 2k's to the new generation of turfs we have today and I recall toward the last transition, DKR was like playing in a mud pit even when the weather was somewhat dry.   

Vandy, Ole Miss, & Mizzou