Jericho Sims

Goo Punch

realgreggym must think that almost every box score in NBA and college history isn't easily accessible somewhere and that it's impossible to look up highlights let alone full length games of some of this stuff. 

Like, I don't know, just picking from a hat, let's go with 1985 Western Conference Finals game 3. 

Oh wow look at that:

But ya just HAD ta' be there!

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

realgreggym must think that almost every box score in NBA and college history isn't easily accessible somewhere and that it's impossible to look up highlights let alone full length games of some of this stuff. 

Like, I don't know, just picking from a hat, let's go with 1985 Western Conference Finals game 3. 

Oh wow look at that:

But ya just HAD ta' be there!

My point is simple. Hakeem was horrible when he went to UH. Obviously he got a lot better and had a great career. But that doesn't change any thing that I said. If you want to disagree, that's fine with me. BTW, if I remember correctly in his rookie year, Shaq shot something like 60% from the field which meant he missed 40% of his dunks. I thought MJ had a pretty good freshman year.

24 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Shaq shot something like 60% from the field every year in the pros and college.  Obviously, the take away from that is Shaq was a horrible basketball player and just an embarrassing spaz in general who never managed to avoid spiking the ball into his own face 4 out of every 10 times he tried to dunk.  

Dig that hole deeper.  

Freshman Shaq was the top recruit in the country, and he averaged 13 PPG, 12 RPG, and 3.5 BPG his first year at LSU.  And he would have scored a lot more if Chris Jackson wasn’t taking a billion shots that year.

And, yes, MJ did have a “pretty good” freshman year.   Good eye for talent to identify the guy who was ACC Rookie of the Year, made the game winning shot in the national title game, and was the most athletic wing in the history of the game at that time as “pretty good”.  

dude, get  a life. Seriously. You mentioned MJ not me.

35 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Shaq shot something like 60% from the field every year in the pros and college.  Obviously, the take away from that is Shaq was a horrible basketball player and just an embarrassing spaz in general who never managed to avoid spiking the ball into his own face 4 out of every 10 times he tried to dunk.  

Dig that hole deeper.  

Freshman Shaq was the top recruit in the country, and he averaged 13 PPG, 12 RPG, and 3.5 BPG his first year at LSU.  And he would have scored a lot more if Chris Jackson wasn’t taking a billion shots that year.

And, yes, MJ did have a “pretty good” freshman year.   Good eye for talent to identify the guy who was ACC Rookie of the Year, made the game winning shot in the national title game, and was the most athletic wing in the history of the game at that time as “pretty good”.  

That Chris Jackson/Shaq team was one of the more entertaining teams ever.  The played an epic regular season game against Tark’s stacked UNLV team.  I forgot who won, recall that it was close, but I recall being very entertained.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, realgreggym said:

My point is simple. Hakeem was horrible when he went to UH. Obviously he got a lot better and had a great career. But that doesn't change any thing that I said. If you want to disagree, that's fine with me. BTW, if I remember correctly in his rookie year, Shaq shot something like 60% from the field which meant he missed 40% of his dunks. I thought MJ had a pretty good freshman year.

You're using ad hominem attacks to diminish other people's opinions when none of us had to be alive or old enough to watch these guys play to evaluate them as basketball players. It's not about your opinion of Hakeem - it's about you thinking that you know better than others because you were around to see it. 

What's more reliable - your memory or actual highlights and box scores?

37 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

That Chris Jackson/Shaq team was one of the more entertaining teams ever.  The played an epic regular season game against Tark’s stacked UNLV team.  I forgot who won, recall that it was close, but I recall being very entertained.

I think that was the game that was like 142 to 139 or something absurd in 40 mins of play. 

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

It was 107-105 in LSU’s favor.  I looked it up after I posted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.upi.com/amp/Archives/1990/01/28/LSU-107-UNLV-105/3593633502800/

Ah okay I'm thinking of a different game that same LSU team played. I think they also played a crazy high scoring games against Texas that season. 

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ah okay I'm thinking of a different game that same LSU team played. I think they also played a crazy high scoring games against Texas that season. 

Loyola Maramount?

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_f2ee1752-79c1-5b4a-b6b9-a28871822751.html

edited: wrong LSU/LMU game.  This is the right one:

https://lmulions.com/news/2005/2/24/LSU_148_LMU_141_ot_.aspx

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're using ad hominem attacks to diminish other people's opinions when none of us had to be alive or old enough to watch these guys play to evaluate them as basketball players. It's not about your opinion of Hakeem - it's about you thinking that you know better than others because you were around to see it. 

What's more reliable - your memory or actual highlights and box scores?

Wrong. That idiot attacked me for my opinion. Do you know when I posted that? It must have been months ago. His whole point was to take a cheap shot at me and nothing more. And no one attacks others for voicing their opinion than that idiot does and you know it.

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Wrong. That idiot attacked me for my opinion. Do you know when I posted that? It must have been months ago. His whole point was to take a cheap shot at me and nothing more. And no one attacks others for voicing their opinion than that idiot does and you know it.

Nobody gives a fuck 

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

we played them and lost something like 125-114. there's a couple highlights from the game here:

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, realgreggym said:

i attacked you? you said that Akeem was the worst freshman you ever saw and i asked you if you really believed that. if that makes you feel attacked, then maybe your take wasn't a very good one?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Hi! Welcome to the internet/world. One thing to remember, you're not special. Have fun!

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i attacked you? you said that Akeem was the worst freshman you ever saw and i asked you if you really believed that. if that makes you feel attacked, then maybe your take wasn't a very good one?

No you took a cheap shot. When did I make that original post?  And then you made the idiot remark that I thought that Will Baker was better than Hakeem. 

3 hours ago, realgreggym said:

No you took a cheap shot. When did I make that original post?  And then you made the idiot remark that I thought that Will Baker was better than Hakeem. 

I mean you did say Hakeem was the worst freshman you’d ever seen. We assume you saw Will Baker also. So not sure what part of his remark was idiotic.

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

greggym: Hakeem is the worst freshman I've ever seen play.

Also greggym: I've seen Will Baker play as a freshman.

Also also greggym: What an idiot! I never said Will Baker was better than Hakeem as a freshman!

also greggym: asking me about when i learned to poop. and not even in a toilet, just when i learned to poop in general. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

I mean you did say Hakeem was the worst freshman you’d ever seen. We assume you saw Will Baker also. So not sure what part of his remark was idiotic.

Hakeem was that bad. He couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. You are projecting him as he improved and not when he played early in his career. 

@realgreggym

So you are continuing to quadruple down on this stupid absurd take all because you’re butthurt that Derka made you look foolish? It’s ok to admit you were being hyperbolic. You only look foolish because you continue to hold this nonsensical positions

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 hours ago, realgreggym said:

Hakeem was that bad. He couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. You are projecting him as he improved and not when he played early in his career. 

What were your stats your freshman year again? And I know y’all had the jv team back then.

On 6/30/2021 at 10:23 PM, Nolacycling said:

Horns played Lsu Shaq/Jackson @Joel Osteen arena. Very entertaining.

On 7/1/2021 at 5:21 AM, shadow_operative said:

we played them and lost something like 125-114. there's a couple highlights from the game here:

Not-so-cool story bro alert: This was when I was in school. Me and some buddies road tripped to Houston for that game.  It kind of had a Texas/OU feel to it, except that nobody from either school actually gave that much of a shit about basketball. That LSU team had Chris Jackson, Shaq and Stanley Roberts. What kind of college team has that kind of beef up front? I'm pretty sure Mahmoud had 50 that day. He was unstoppable. Those Penders teams didn't play much defense  to begin with, but holy shit that kid put on a show that day in the Summit. He was a pretty good pro anyway, but I can't imagine how good Chris Jackson would be if he played in today's pace and space / 3 point era. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

I just want to go on record as saying there have been hundreds, if not thousands, of worse freshman than Akeem Olajuwon.

Like Will Baker.

Were you there? Did you see them all with your own eyes? Yeah, that's what I thought.

10 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Akeem scored 9 a game with 8 boards and 2.5 blocks as a freshman, Unbelievably bad...

I also could have sworn we played LSU in San Antonio for that Shaq/CJ game.

(H)Akeem BLOCKED more shots per game as a freshman than Will Baker altered.

There is a great video on the YouTube about (H)Akeem's development over the years that uses video from his sophomore year to show how playing Soccer, Handball, & Volleyball had contributed to (H)Akeem's amazing abilities on the basketball court even though he had never played basketball before his Junior Year (I think) in high school (about when he was "16").

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...