Jericho Sims

Goo Punch

11 hours ago, Llogg said:

He has at least as much offensive game as Clint Capela and Rudy Gobert. He could easily be a starting big in the NBA.

Lulz dude Rudy Gobert is a 3-time DPOY; he could literally average 0.0 and be a starting big in the NBA…

Did you watch Gobert get run out of the gym against the Clippers? DPOY? pffft. I'm with Shaq on Gobert. He would be fine in the 90s as a starting center but in the modern game his inability to score coupled with his exposure on switches makes his status among the unwashed masses a farce.

Edited by Llogg
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually embarassing how bad Shaka was. Like no offense but anyone that holds a degree from UT or has ever contributed to the athletic program in any way monetarily (which I guess includes myself) should be fucking appaled that this ass clown was allowed to coach 6 years of basketball at Texas. 

It's stunning. Baffling. Mesmerizing. Strong was bad enough but he only made it 3 years. How Shaka coached basketball at Texas for 6 fucking seasons is one of the most mind numbingly stupid things that the University of Texas at Austin has ever done. 

• Hook 'Em 2

the more time goes on, the more our loss to ACU will prove to be on the very very short list of worst NCAA basketball losses ever. neck in neck with Chaminade beating Ralph Sampson's UVA team, and arguably worse- the ACU loss was in the NCAA tourney, and Shaka *knew* that his job was on the line. i've truly never seen a more inexcusable loss by a favored team in my entire life of watching college hoops. 

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the more time goes on, the more our loss to ACU will prove to be on the very very short list of worst NCAA basketball losses ever. neck in neck with Chaminade beating Ralph Sampson's UVA team, and arguably worse- the ACU loss was in the NCAA tourney, and Shaka *knew* that his job was on the line. i've truly never seen a more inexcusable loss by a favored team in my entire life of watching college hoops. 

maybe hyperbole, maybe not. the funny thing is how happy most of the fan base is that it happened. The biggest loser in all of this is Tech, presumably.  

Edited by Blotto

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

Thanks for posting. It sounds like Sims would have to do something crazy to make the 15 man roster. The Knicks can stash him in the G League. 

How the NBA has changed. Sims would easily have been a first round pick 5-10 years ago. Unless you're the Sixers, teams just don't want to touch non-shooters. 

5 hours ago, Blotto said:

maybe hyperbole, maybe not. the funny thing is how happy most of the fan base is that it happened. The biggest loser in all of this is Tech, presumably.  

CDC has the midas touch - Herman loses to ISU at home with Big 12 on the line and Shaka does Shaka things and loses to ACU in opening round.  he gets to clean house with basically no questions asked.

I was somewhat disappointed in the ISU loss because Herman had shown a little light and wanted to face the dirt burglars again but the ACU loss had a big smile on my face.

If he's right on Sarkisian look the fuck out.

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

It's actually embarassing how bad Shaka was. Like no offense but anyone that holds a degree from UT or has ever contributed to the athletic program in any way monetarily (which I guess includes myself) should be fucking appaled that this ass clown was allowed to coach 6 years of basketball at Texas. 

It's stunning. Baffling. Mesmerizing. Strong was bad enough but he only made it 3 years. How Shaka coached basketball at Texas for 6 fucking seasons is one of the most mind numbingly stupid things that the University of Texas at Austin has ever done. 

agree with your last sentence but the reason is obvious.  Shaka got twice as long because we care about basketball about half as much.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

but the ACU loss had a big smile on my face.

super surreal experience for me. the entire night vs ACU was just a miserable experience. it was so fucking frustrating to watch Shaka Smart's opus, the absolute zenith of his ass-backwards, incomprehensibly brain dead style of coaching. it was slamming your dick in the door for two hours. but then, with time running out, my favorite player of the Shaka Smart era, Andrew Jones, hit a clutch three times give us the lead...and my heart sank into the pit of my stomach. wtf? how in the fuck did we get to a point to where my favorite player hitting a go-ahead three with time running out to give Texas the lead in an NCAA tournament game MAKES ME ILL. it's not like it was a conscious decision- that three went in and my heart sank before the ball even hit the ground. that is how bad things were under Shaka. i felt like a battered spouse who couldn't escape their abuser. it was absolutely fucking surreal, and not in any kind of positive way.

i was fucking crestfallen; disconsolate; inconsolable. i was having my heart ripped out because the team that i love so much and have loved for so long was about to win an NCAA tournament game. but then ACU got the ball; they got into the lane, they got fouled, and they got two shots at the line to beat my beloved Texas Longhorns, and here i am, sitting in ny living room, praying to god that this kid from ACU sinks both FTs and beats my team. and he did. and here we are, about to open the very next season in the top 5 of the polls, and Shaka is 1,000 miles away. just totally, completely surreal.

as a man, i don't think particularly highly of Shaka (heard some fucked up stories about him), but i don't hate him or anything the way i do jeff fisher. but as a coach, FUCK SHAKA SMART. i absolutely do not wish him well, and my new (second) favorite team is whoever is playing against Marquette. may the Radford's, and UTA's, and Kent State's, and Abilene Christian's of the world continue to expose you for the program-fleecing, hilariously inept fraud that you are. you made me root against my first love during the NCAA tournament. please never ever ever come back to Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 4:46 PM, shadow_operative said:

this man went 3/3 from the field and was held without a FG over the final 38 minutes vs Abilene Christian and their squad of midgets:

The ACU loss will never not be a bitter pill, but everyone in this thread is right: it really is the best thing that could've happened.

Well, not for Tech.

And probably not for Marquette, either.

But Longhorns hoops ... yeah, we're super stoked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

It's gonna be three guys from last year's roster earning a paycheck in the NBA this season. Maybe not for long, and almost certainly in minor roles, but the point remains ... thanks for nuttin', Shaka.

i'd love to catch up with our guys and ACU's guys in 8-10 years, when like five of our guys are still playing pro ball, and their guys are all fat and married and working desk jobs in Cleburne or coaching HS kids in Sweetwater. the rematch would be scintillating. 

10 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'd love to catch up with our guys and ACU's guys in 8-10 years, when like five of our guys are still playing pro ball, and their guys are all fat and married and working desk jobs in Cleburne or coaching HS kids in Sweetwater. the rematch would be scintillating. 

If Shaka is the rematch coach, I like ACU's chances.

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...