The Official Colt McCoy 2021 Destination Thread

jettrink

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have no opinion other than the fact that it's weird that someone would start this thread in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.  There's 8 months of off-season after this.

I don't know if it's a "fact" but I agree it's weird to start this thread now.  

46 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have no opinion other than the fact that it's weird that someone would start this thread in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.  There's 8 months of off-season after this.

the biggest football game of the year took place a few weeks back.  LSU won. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I assume he was cut?

IIRC, his contract expired.   He didn't even return to DC.  He had cleaned out his locker, said goodbye to his teammates, and took his final physical in the locker room in Dallas after the last game. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Ok, you are right I worded that wrong .  The fact is that I find it weird.  I agree that the weirdness is up for debate, but I don't give a shit enough to debate it. 

Back on track: cowboys.  Do it Jerry.

Fact: won't happen.

I know, I'm just messing with you. 

Now how do you get -88 rep when you have a name like Jett Rink?

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I hope so.  He's made a ton of dough, he's secured a pension.  He's got a hot (stupid) wife (with a big mouth).  

Enjoy life Colt.  Don't get your brains pulverized. 

Yep he got full pension this year, and won’t be earning any higher money to increase that, so unless he has just wasted all the money he’s earned (I doubt it) he should just cash it in and come back home.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

the biggest football game of the year took place a few weeks back.  LSU won. 

Ok, I guess I was assuming the viewer numbers for the super bowl was/will be significantly higher than the NCG, but I'll wait until the game is over.  Also, don't care, I won't be looking up those stats.

So McCoy has made roughly $22million in earnings if I’m piecing things together correctly. Say he’s pulled in another $1million in endorsements as a floor. He plays another 2 years as a backup at $2/year and I’m not sure that trade works in his favor. That’s $2.6-ish after taxes versus long term health implications. If the dude has $10 million in the bank, he could be making $500k conservatively each year, plus earnings for other work. I’d be done with the grind, personally. 

5 hours ago, Grippe said:

Owning a ton of Dunkin' Donuts franchises is going to keep him busy - not a bad gig if you ask me.

Keeping your DD franchises can be a lot of work.

5 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Bring more Dunkin donuts to austin!
Although that did autocorrect to Dublin donuts...might be something there.

Made with real sugar instead of HFCS.

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:
Does he still get paid if there’s no season?

They just did a new CBA. No idea. MLB players are currently getting $1100 per week from the union, or at least that is what I heard on barstool radio. Not sure of hockey or nba.

Saw this earlier regarding athlete pay scenarios

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/03/18/coronavirus-impacting-sports-and-professional-athletes-getting-paid/5068551002/

3 hours ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Sounds like the MLS lawyers are going to all get fired.

The MLS owners might not even notice the players' salaries coming out of their bank accounts.

3 hours ago, TexasGary said:

He has Jason Garrett as his OC.  What could go wrong?

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, TexasGary said:
He has Jason Garrett as his OC.  What could go wrong?

Colt does well with coaches that clap.

I'm guessing that Garrett sees a lot of himself in Colt. Less red hair, more Jesus, but pretty similar approach to the game.

• 5 months later...
  • immamac changed the title to The Official Colt McCoy 2021 Destination Thread