The Official Colt McCoy 2021 Destination Thread

jettrink

28 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Wow, did not see this coming.  Thought he was done.  Does this make him the last remaining player in nfl to be in uniform from the rose bowl win?

I randomly stumbled across an article the other day that made it sound like Colt was playing pretty much on par with Jones in training camp. Obviously they will play Jones, but Colt may still have some of that Jim Ned magic left in him. 

$20MM in career contract earnings, figure another 2-3 from endorsements, and without the constant pounding at the NFL level.  A 10-year NFL pension. Hot as shit wife with athlete genes. Anytime you care to come see a game in Austin you can stand on the sidelines or sit in a suite, your choice. Oh, and never pay for a meal or a drink the entire weekend.

That’s his starting position when, at 35, he’s gonna be “Well OK, I guess now I gotta figure out what I’m gonna do with my life”.

Well played, Jim Ned....

• Hook 'Em 2

I looked at the USC roster for freshmen that night and the biggest name I found was Clay Matthews, who was waived recently.  I really do think Colt is the footnote in history.  Amazing, to think someone with the injury problems Colt has had ends up being the last player from that game to be in the NFL.  He probably does play a game or two this year.  Whoa! We all remember his game against the Cowboys.  He has two chances this year.  

• 2 months later...

Colt may be about to see his first meaningful game action in quite a while. At least as meaningful as games can be when your team is 4-7 (but tied for 1st place). 

New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones suffered a hamstring injury in the third quarter of Sunday’s 19-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals that could force him to miss some time.

A source told ESPN the initial belief is that it’s a “pretty bad” hamstring injury.

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/30/new-york-giants-daniel-jones-has-pretty-bad-hamstring-injury/

• Hook 'Em 1

They have as good or better chance to win the NFC Least. I'd say their odds just went up. Playoffs baby! (Of course barring a miracle, they would get would get blown tf out.) But it would be nice to have a divisional championship and playoff game to pin on this mantle.

Edited by RPM

7 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

....and there is more..assuming Jones is still injured, giants finish Jan 3 against cowboys...maybe it’s a Texas game, squints vs colt?

Dear baby jesus, make this happen. This year has sucked ass, you owe us this one

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

I feel pretty confident of colts chances, assuming he stays healthy...no running please...this could be the football gods giving colt a chance to make up for the last injury in college.  Giants are on a roll...the whole team will be lifted by colts leadership, and who knows, with teams not having film on him, he could become the latest reincarnation of nick foles...Seahawks are better in nfc, but anything is possible...giants have history of 2nd stringer winning super bowl.   

• 3 weeks later...

okay, so I watched just the highlights last week with Jones, and the kid looked slower than molasses.  Couldn't believe the dumb Giants went with him after Colt led the team to victory the week before.  Now, I read somewhere that Colt is back to starting this week.  Hey Giants! Wake UP! STATS do NOT matter when Colt is playing!  It's the leadership quality that makes him different!  Don't know anything about the Giants except that Garrett is the OC.   Giants appear to still have a good chancet to win the division, if they have a leader at QB, which they do IF they keep Colt in there. 

Colt was rusty in the first half of his start, but responded very nicely in the 2nd half.  Keep running the ball Giants, and Colt can lead you to a division title.  

Still think the football gods are giving Colt one more chance.  Incredible way to go out.  Btw, did Jones re-injure his hamstring on Sunday, or was he just awful just because? 

I would love to see a playoff game, Colt vs. Drew Brees to finish Colt's career.  Even if it is a loss, what a way to go out. 

41 minutes ago, Tribe171 said:

He has a noodle arm and cost the Giants a TD because of it.

Bullshit.  Arm strength is fine. His accuracy is a bit off, but not unusual for a back up without week in/week out game experinece.

NFL coaches seems to have limited confidence in him as a QB. So the play calling is the same. I think giving the rigtht OL and game plan, he'd pull a Jim Plunkett, or something close.

That ain't happening. Luck of the draw where you end up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mach 1 said:

Bullshit.  Arm strength is fine. His accuracy is a bit off, but not unusual for a back up without week in/week out game experinece.

NFL coaches seems to have limited confidence in him as a QB. So the play calling is the same. I think giving the rigtht OL and game plan, he'd pull a Jim Plunkett, or something close.

That ain't happening. Luck of the draw where you end up.

His career earnings are $19,235,000.  Plus endorsements.  Plus his business investments.  Likely a coaching future.  He’s doing fine, and has earned it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Are you talking about the one that hit Golden Tate in the facemask because he was trying to body catch it?

The lack of arm strength was not the issue necessarily.

It was the first drive. They were in the red zone, receiver was wide open but Colt's throw took so long to get there Karl Joseph had time to close on the receiver and break it up. Don't know if it was Golden Tate, I believe it was a TE. 

It was the first drive. They were in the red zone, receiver was wide open but Colt's throw took so long to get there Karl Joseph had time to close on the receiver and break it up. Don't know if it was Golden Tate, I believe it was a TE. 
It was Engram. If he gets more out front, that would work too. Same on the Tate throw.

A little more zip maybe but a little better placement gets it done too.

You play little to none legit football in the past half dozen year, it's kinda hard.

• 3 months later...

Awkward for Colt, "Kyler, I knew Sam Bradford.  I competed with Sam Bradford.  You sir...aren't the size of a Sam Bradford bowel movement."  

34 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Funnily enough the Cardinals also paid Sam Bradford 20 million dollars to be their QB. He played 3 games before they realized he sucked and released him.

They paid him a lot more than that.  That was the last rookie class before the rookie wage scale kicked in IIRC.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Funnily enough the Cardinals also paid Sam Bradford 20 million dollars to be their QB. He played 3 games before they realized he sucked and released him.

Fucking bum

Sam Bradford, who was released by the Cardinals halfway through the 2018 season after playing in just three of the team’s eight games, will likely go down in NFL history as the most overpaid player of his generation.

The quarterback leveraged first his draft status as the No. 1 overall pick in 2010 and then the general scarcity of NFL QB talent to land three contracts in nine years. He has earned almost $130 million despite a record of 34-48-1 as starter in those nine seasons.

Wow, I knew he was overpaid.  But that's insane.  Almost $4mm/victory?  That's a lot, right?  

Anyway, cool that if he ends up in Arizona next year...Colt gets another return trip to Texas since NFC West Cardinals draw a road game to Dallas.  Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be the Sunday after the TCU or OKL games in the Metroplex and Tyler Murray will be arrested the night before for trying to sneak on an adult ride at the State Fair.  

I know you are kidding, but he's past that. His pension continues to grow. Good for him.

Anybody know what it would be today if he retired? Clicking on a few links it seems low until they hit 55 years old.

• immamac changed the title to The Official Colt McCoy 2021 Destination Thread