Smokeybear1861’s neg rep stalkers

Again, why? You aren't crowd sourced here? It's basically nothing but a way for you Cloak Room turds to continue your pissing matches. 

You guys all had a clean start and here you are again, continuing the same stupid back and forth with rep that you had over on Shaggy. Only this time you can't leave cute messages to one another. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 8
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Again, why? You aren't crowd sourced here? It's basically nothing but a way for you Cloak Room turds to continue your pissing matches. 

Like I said, I’d prefer rep didn’t exist because it’s petty and often a distraction but if you’re going to have the feature, at least make it equitable and prevent abuse.  Otherwise, what purpose does it serve?

• Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Like I said, I’d prefer rep didn’t exist because it’s petty and often a distraction but if you’re going to have the feature, at least make it equitable and prevent abuse.  Otherwise, what purpose does it serve?

I guess but it's just a part of the platform and whomever is running the place doesn't care enough to mess with it right now. I'd rather it be gone so we don't see threads like this or whining from any of you over it. You started a thread about something that has no actual risk at all to it, unlike Shaggy where enough rep could get you booted. Rep here is even more meaningless here than it was over there. So who gives a shit if someone is using multiple accounts to give someone else meaningless negative feedback that does nothing to you unless you just can't stand people negging you? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I guess but it's just a part of the platform and whomever is running the place doesn't care enough to mess with it right now. I'd rather it be gone so we don't see threads like this or whining from any of you over it. You started a thread about something that has no actual risk at all to it, unlike Shaggy where enough rep could get you booted. Rep here is even more meaningless here than it was over there. So who gives a shit if someone is using multiple accounts to give someone else meaningless negative feedback that does nothing to you unless you just can't stand people negging you? 

I’m trying to address a problem before it gets out of hand.  If this goes unaddressed, rep will become more of a liability to the forum.  My goal is to improve the product that is Surlyhorns.  Smokey couldn’t start this thread because he’d come off as a whiny bitch.  

I on the other hand DGAF about my rep but I’d like to see the overall quality of the forum aspire to be better.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Fuck You 4

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

It's always a competition. I wasn't in it to win it or anything but I pointed out when someone was manipulating so people who are could see its an easily rigged system. 

I disagree that rep is meaningless here compared to there, since its a number next to your name on every post, rather than a little green bar.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why even have the silly rep feature if people can just make four or five anonymous socks and neg rep blast longtime contributors like Smokeybear1861 into oblivion without ever having to post?

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/1960-smokeybear1861/

If I remember correctly, that bear has only been around since last June and really only started posting the past couple months. 

Not that how new you are matters, but he seems more like a sock account than anything. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, we certainly wouldn't want something to become a liability to the forum. 

You could, oh I don't know, PM a moderator about this, such as maybe...blacklab?

I think you missed the point.  Per the to do list stickied at the top of this forum.    

This thread grew pretty big and became a mess. I tried to clean it up and accedently deleted it.

If you have an idea start a new thread about it. As long as 5+ people post they want it I'll add it here.

I'll try to get one thing done per day.

Edited by SDG

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

You guys all had a clean start and here you are again, continuing the same stupid back and forth with rep that you had over on Shaggy. Only this time you can't leave cute messages to one another. 

Some of the neg messages that folks posted where hilarious too. I do have to admit I miss that.

• Like 1

I have a few stalkers.  I assume they’re rocko but who knows.  I do find it funny that it probably takes a few minutes to make multiple accounts, with multiple emails, and then to log into each one and proceed to neg... those are a few minutes he’ll never get back.  

it ain't really political around here when it comes to rep.  yes, there will always be a limited number of morons who neg because they disagree with you.

Bitchassedness has a far higher yield.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:39 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

If your bitch ass getting crowd sourced is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Crowdsourcing is fine. One psycho registering multiple socks to fuck with someone would in past years have been universally condemned and likely resulted in a fatwa regardless of what we thought about the victim (unless it was Grendel)

thanks trump 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Why even have the silly rep feature if people can just make four or five anonymous socks and neg rep blast longtime contributors like Smokeybear1861 into oblivion without ever having to post?

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/1960-smokeybear1861/

you have 1110 post already, get a life

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

What’s the cutoff for number of posts between when one has a life and when one needs to get a life?

I'm probably north of the line so somewhere slightly less than my post count...

On 4/13/2018 at 10:59 PM, Sawbonz said:

Crowdsourcing is fine. One psycho registering multiple socks to fuck with someone would in past years have been universally condemned and likely resulted in a fatwa regardless of what we thought about the victim (unless it was Grendel)

thanks trump 

Crowd sourcing brings the community together like when there was a Baylor fan witch hunt on shaggy. That was enjoyable.

On 4/17/2018 at 8:28 AM, Texas_Rocks said:

Internet politics IS his life. Not a joke.

If that under-medicated shitstain passes Thujone on the rep board (damn tally is kept right on the home page now to see when logging on), instead of just negging him when he escapes his CR asylum and spews his volcanic diarrhea on to other forums here, I will go in every day and neg him there too up to the limit.  I just can't let that aggression stand unopposed like a Frenchman watching the Nazis march by the Arc de Triomphe .  Dumbfuck even found a way to Hugo an NSAA thread.

Cartoon dicks  >   Under-medicated dicks.

• 5 weeks later...