Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Rush hated anyone not like him (i.e. anyone not white and male) and that is what he spewed on the radio.  He led directly to Dotard and almost killed this country.  Fuck him.  

Y'all assign him way, way, way too much influence in y'all's heads.   It's creepy.

Hell, the hate in this thread is a ringing endorsement of what he wanted to achieve.  I thought he got stale as fuck the last 15-20 years to the point I might listen to him for about 15 minutes on a big issue/ event and I'd have to turn it off because it was ludicrous.  Y'all aren't wrong at all on that front.

I'd contend the crazies on the right were already there.  You give Rush too much credit.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

On a personal note, Rush was the gateway drug that led to the ruin of my Dad. I should have paid closer attention. 

For my FIL and a BIL, it was FoxNews, way more than Rush.

"We report, you ignite!"   that shit was on agitation mode on their TV 24/7.  Such a fucking beating.  Felt that was way worse than Rush.  Judging from this thread, Rush knew better how to mash y'all's buttons.  FoxNews is what sent hard core righties into a tizzie.

Michael Barry (Houston right wing radio) just said this was a huge loss for all of humanity wow

he then replayed the announcement and Limbaugh’s whore wife #12 had the audacity to say ‘Rush treated everyone with the upmost respect’ hahahahahahahaha I’m sure she’ll be laughing all the way to the bank 

24 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

That evil racist motherfucker Barry is just a low-rent version of Limbaugh.

Hates non whites so bad he married one and adopted 2?  His cohost/ producer is not white.

weird. He just hates them motherfuckers.

Edited by slorch

My mom had breast cancer a decade ago and really got through it all with the help of different prayer groups and support groups. Last time I went home I saw on a shelf in the bathroom a prayer list of 8-10 people. Most were people she knew and had loose connections to from the previously mentioned groups. The last name on the list was Rush Limbaugh though. She never listened to his show, but knew my dad did. 

Im super glad she doesn’t have to carry that burden anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Hates non whites so bad he married one and adopted 2?  His cohost/ producer is not white.

weird. He just hates them motherfuckers.

He said the mosque near Ground Zero should be bombed.

he loves his non white wife so much he goes to gay bars “for the cold beer”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

He said the mosque near Ground Zero should be bombed.

he loves his non white wife so much he goes to gay bars “for the cold beer”

mosques belong to which race?

The statement was stupid and indefensible.   "Everything is  racist" is  peculiar.  Go after his statement on its merit( lack thereof.)

As for his sexuality, IDGAF.  Who fucking knows?  Do you?  Again, to which race is that assigned?

Edited by slorch

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

mosques belong to which race?

The statement was stupid and indefensible.   "Everything is  racist" is  peculiar.  Go after his statement on its merit( lack thereof.)

As for his sexuality, IDGAF.  Who fucking knows?  Do you?  Again, to which race is that assigned?

Lol do u

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

My mom had breast cancer a decade ago and really got through it all with the help of different prayer groups and support groups. Last time I went home I saw on a shelf in the bathroom a prayer list of 8-10 people. Most were people she knew and had loose connections to from the previously mentioned groups. The last name on the list was Rush Limbaugh though. She never listened to his show, but knew my dad did. 

Im super glad she doesn’t have to carry that burden anymore.

Perhaps that was just a new roll of toilet paper that she wrote Rush's name on? 

34 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Oh slorch 

image.gif.00953cc7616643b7280976ed0681c70d.gif

You can never help yourself - you always gotta white knight for the worst people with your shitty retorts and wannabe gotcha moments 

I didn't white knight him.  Read it again.  I didn't respect his personal life at all.  He achieved some pretty significant things profesionally.

Oh Surly leftists..."you don't hate this sunofabitch with every fiber of your being...you're an advocate of the enemy."

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Sorry. Can't allow this lame equvalency either. He went from being an amusing lavashit flow to being an unamusing lavashit flow.

I can't think of a private citizen who has done more to harm his country. Tim McVeigh, Lee Harvey Oswald, not even close. Limbaugh's damage will impact this country for at least a generation and quite possibly has ruined politics in the United States.

I hope the last thing he saw was the shadow of the pillow.

spacer.png

well said, as usual. 

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

I didn't white knight him.  Read it again.

Oh Surly leftists..."you don't hate this sunofabitch with every fiber of your being...you're an advocate of the enemy."

We’re not leftists slorch. We’re just not either lunatics or straight up evil motherfuckers. Like the members of your political party. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, staboner said:

and this dipshit got the medal of honor. i want my fucking money back

Incorrect.

Medal of Freedom.  Not remotely the same.

I agree he did not deserve it.  It was political gamesmanship/ grandstanding at its finest.

Edited by slorch

My father always listened to Rush, so that meant I always listened to him. I even bought his book "The Way Things Ought To Be" and read it multiple times in high school.

Then when I hit 18 years old I realized he said the same things every day and had practically no actual analysis on any subject. He would mischaracterize and toss aside legitimate arguments to the contrary. It really made him look stupid.

Then I realized that he's not stupid -- he was just playing a character, and his listeners loved him for it. For some reason they thought he was smart. I assumed they would eventually grow up, as I did, but I guess I assumed too much.

I'm not going to celebrate his death, but I think it's probably a good thing for this country. If I find that old book I'll burn it.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, Bookman said:

My father always listened to Rush, so that meant I always listened to him. I even bought his book "The Way Things Ought To Be" and read it multiple times in high school.

Then when I hit 18 years old I realized he said the same things every day and had practically no actual analysis on any subject. He would mischaracterize and toss aside legitimate arguments to the contrary. It really made him look stupid.

Then I realized that he's not stupid -- he was just playing a character, and his listeners loved him for it. For some reason they thought he was smart. I assumed they would eventually grow up, as I did, but I guess I assumed too much.

I'm not going to celebrate his death, but I think it's probably a good thing for this country. If I find that old book I'll burn it.

Book burning is for commies. Or fascists. Maybe both, I don’t have my crib notes handy. 

Limbaugh had a pulpit but he did not use it to benefit the public good. His nicknames for others, some of his own invention while others he popularized, were used to bully and berate and demean individuals and classes of people in a way that led to common usage in the highest office in America and against citizens. 

A mouthpiece with such reach should never be allowed to abuse the responsibility and for that, radio silence is now welcome.

7 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

And - Rush Limbaugh would never have won The Medal of Honor. 

Gotdammit.  It was not the freaking Medal of Honor.

I agree with your sentiment, but there is a very marked and distinguished difference between the Medal of Honor and the Medal of Freedom.

58 minutes ago, slorch said:

Incorrect.

Medal of Freedom.  Not remotely the same.

I agree he did not deserve it.  It was political gamesmanship/ grandstanding at its finest.

thanks for un-slorching my error my homie

yeah, just political gamemenship, as well know. 

i certaintly somewhat reserve my comments on a dead guy, but I also don't think many of the comments are overboard at all re: Rush. he spewed complete hatred. he strikes me as the beginning of the end of the America I grew up in. He took the ever present liberal/conservative arguements just decided to make them as toxic as you can for profit. thats a demon in my book, no doubt.

causual, correlation, same same. you homies stay warm now. sorry for the mess you are in.

Edited by staboner
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thank you Slorch!!!  People please know the difference! Rush did not have the balls to put on a uniform. 

The Medal of Honor (MOH) is the United States government's highest and most prestigious military decoration that may be awarded to recognize American soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, Space Force guardians, and coast guardsmen who have distinguished themselves by acts of valor.[1][7]

The Presidential Medal of Freedom is an award bestowed by the president of the United States to recognize people who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors." The Presidential Medal of Freedom and the Congressional Gold Medal are the highest civilian awards of the United States

26 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Where is his grave going to be? 

Because they better have a 24hr guard. 

They better hide it. Far away behind barbed wire and up a long forgotten dirt road.

Ever been to Jim Morrison's grave? Yeah, if they ever make the location known to the public, it'll be like that...but covered in shit, piss, blood, and any other discharge from a human body you can imagine.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I didn't white knight him.  Read it again.  I didn't respect his personal life at all.  He achieved some pretty significant things profesionally.

What single positive impact did he have on the world?

• Hook 'Em 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot