Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

I honestly didn’t know Rush did the M J Fox and racist stuff.  I’ve heard plenty of his shows driving during lunch hour,  but never really heard more than the Clinton hate and his love for giving away IPhones for whatever reason.  And his hate for some county in Fla.  Either way, cancer sucks. 

51 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I honestly didn’t know Rush did the M J Fox and racist stuff.  I’ve heard plenty of his shows driving during lunch hour,  but never really heard more than the Clinton hate and his love for giving away IPhones for whatever reason.  And his hate for some county in Fla.  Either way, cancer sucks. 

You might be a racist, if you ever said to a black man "Take that bone out of your nose."

For those who care to pay attention, his corrupted repugnance has been well known for almost 30 years now and has been thoroughly documented for its poisoning influence on our political waters.

He's been a cancer to us all. So, yeah, cancer sucks...to put it mildly.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

Yeah, I had no idea about the racist stuff or the second hand smoke stuff as I don’t listen to his show. I do recall him being on ESPN’s football show for some reason. It never made any sense to me why they put him on the show in the first place, but I do remember him not lasting long. IIRC, he made some remark about Donavan McNabb that lead to his demise at ESPN. All of that being said , I would never ever wish lung cancer on anyone other than Hitler, all other actual Nazi’s, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Amin, Pol Pot, Koresh, all of the Jong-uns, and Bob Stoops. (Edit to say all other mass murderers and all other “bad” people I may have missed to make sure I’ve covered all of the bases to escape any liberal or conservative wrath).

Yeah my old man and many of clients listened to him, and as I got older I realized how toxic he was. Most of it is subtle, but water forms huge canyons over time.
I especially liked his assault on "dopers" over the years whilst fucked out of his gord on hard core drugs.
He was exceptionally good at what he did and captivated millions somehow. But it was all with cynical and destructive bits to make a buck. It works. He translated political talk to the classic rock zoo crew formula that America digests.
He owes the Clinton's a lot of his success.
  • Like 1

Yeah my old man and many of clients listened to him, and as I got older I realized how toxic he was. Most of it is subtle, but water forms huge canyons over time.
I especially liked his assault on "dopers" over the years whilst fucked out of his gord on hard core drugs.
He was exceptionally good at what he did and captivated millions somehow. But it was all with cynical and destructive bits to make a buck. It works. He translated political talk to the classic rock zoo crew formula that America digests.
He owes the Clinton's a lot of his success.

The first mention I’d heard of him was a 60 Minutes piece in the very late 1980s, which (if I recall correctly) lionized his emergence as a force in conservative talk radio. It was also the first time I’d ever heard about the dissolution of the fairness doctrine, which made me feel uncomfortable, even though I was still nominally a Republican at the time.

A few years later, I remember playing a round of one-on-hoops in the driveway of a high school friend I hadn’t seen in a while, and he started dropping references to “feminazis” which I had to ask him to explain the reference and what it meant. Of course, he heard from Limbaugh.

Later, I worked at a police station as a dispatcher in Lubbock while trying to figure out my life and sitting there with diehard ditto heads listening to his detestable diatribes and thinking to myself “What is wrong with this man?”

It was during this same period that Newt was reaching the apex of his power with that con job of the “Contract with America” and Pat Buchanan’s “Culture Wars” that I fully realized there was something very toxic going on in the conservative movement.

Today, that poison has fully spread throughout the body politic, and here we are today.

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 3:16 PM, yoladu said:

There is a part of me that wants to wish bad things upon Limbaugh, but I think of all the grace and mercy God has shown me over the years when I did not deserve it. I hope that God's mercy and grace extends to this man as well. He does not deserve it anymore than I did, but grace and mercy aren't received based on whether you deserve it. My mother has battled cancer twice. I would never wish cancer upon anyone no matter who they are.

I hope he recovers and perhaps comes to realize that the life he has lived to this point has not been his best effort. You can always hope. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

There is a part of me that wants to wish bad things upon Limbaugh, but I think of all the grace and mercy God has shown me over the years when I did not deserve it.

We atheists call that getting lucky. A just and moral god would've taken Rush out decades ago. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Look at that face. He knows he doesn't deserve it. He knows he's at a clown show.

Fuck that piece of trash. The world will be a better place without him. Sadly, morons everywhere will probably just latch onto some other loudmouthed idiot.

Edited by Pam Cummings

13 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Look at that face. He knows he doesn't deserve it. He knows he's at a clown show.

Fuck that piece of trash. The world will be a better place without him. Sadly, morons everywhere will probably just latch onto some other loudmouthed idiot.

You’re giving him way too much credit.  He absolutely thinks he deserves it.

No, what he believes is that people like Rosa Parks, Mohammed Ali, Hank Aaron and Ellen DeGeneres should have theirs revoked.

Cancer is essentially a process by which healthy cells,  which previously lived in harmony with other different cell types for the the betterment and survival of the larger organism, have become corrupted.  These cells have lost their normal internal regulation to control their selfish needs to consume resources and over populate.   They no longer work towards what is best for the  organism as a whole, but now are solely focused on their individual interests.  To this end, they suppress their neighbor cells,  take what they want without regards to the consequences.  It is truly amazing that any trumpkin/residual GOP'er is in any way against cancer.

Here is my proposed new GOP logo:

gop.thumb.jpg.5fc42d2b23e39db63424c9da38813230.jpg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Cancer is essentially a process by which healthy cells,  which previously lived in harmony with other different cell types for the the betterment and survival of the larger organism, have become corrupted.  These cells have lost their normal internal regulation to control their selfish needs to consume resources and over populate.   They no longer work towards what is best for the  organism as a whole, but now are solely focused on their individual interests.  To this end, they suppress their neighbor cells,  take what they want without regards to the consequences.  It is truly amazing that any trumpkin/residual GOP'er is in any way against cancer.

Here is my proposed new GOP logo:

gop.thumb.jpg.5fc42d2b23e39db63424c9da38813230.jpg

It needs to be a little more racist.

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

You might be a racist, if you ever said to a black man "Take that bone out of your nose."

For those who care to pay attention, his corrupted repugnance has been well known for almost 30 years now and has been thoroughly documented for its poisoning influence on our political waters.

He's been a cancer to us all. So, yeah, cancer sucks...to put it mildly.

To be clear, I was not claiming he was not.  Only that in the brief times he was on my radio, I never heard anything racist or any skits like that MJ Fox one.  I had heard about about the pills, but had not heard about becoming deaf because of them. Hell I didn't even know that could happen, I've actually learned somethings from this.   Think I remember my folks saying he left his wife when she had cancer, but that might have been some other right winger they were unimpressed with.    Sounds to me like someone of low moral character who made it big (huge) and with the wealth and power, ego grew.  Then continued for the next 3 decades.  I don't really understand the blame for "dividing the country", aside from the partisan aspect. Surely there is a left leaning talk radio show that has been spewing hate for the right since W.  Maybe just nothing as long standing or successful, so it doesn't get the same attention?  

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There is no equivalent to Rush, Michael Savage or Laura Ingraham on the left. 

There is a reason for that.  Those of us on the left recognize propaganda and lies and we do not actively invite it into our lives and we hold people accountable for their actions.  Those on the right this it is funny.   Remember when our president made fun of a handicapped individual at a rally to a cheering and laughing audience?   The left booted a good senator for making a mockery of sexual assault in a photo.  The right celebrates the self proclaimed philandering pussy grabber.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nivek said:

There is a reason for that.  Those of us on the left recognize propaganda and lies and we do not actively invite it into our lives and we hold people accountable for their actions.  Those on the right this it is funny.   Remember when our president made fun of a handicapped individual at a rally to a cheering and laughing audience?   The left booted a good senator for making a mockery of sexual assault in a photo.  The right celebrates the self proclaimed philandering pussy grabber.

Come now.  #bothsides

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There is no equivalent to Rush, Michael Savage or Laura Ingraham on the left. 

None?   Seems like there is an opportunity there for someone.

27 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Those of us on the left recognize propaganda and lies and we do not actively invite it into our lives and we hold people accountable for their actions.

lulz.

I heard him several times when Obama was president. He was critical and always questioned motives... so that was my baseline. 

The few times I've heard him under Trump, I shouldn't have been, but I was blown away by the complete lack of criticism of Trump. He bent over backwards unlike anyone else to defend Trump and bash the never-Trump conservatives. It's like he was regurgitating the white house talking points and trying to take them a step further.

The last time I heard him he said that conservatives who are pro choice are cowards that don't stand for anything... And that the only people that believe in man made global warming or that man can make the earth uninhabitable don't believe in God like he does. If you believe in God and love the Earth he created, you would know it's impossible for man to destroy it. Then he said something about the Green New Deal boiling down to taxing cow farts and I had to turn it off. 

I hope he fully recovers, but I hope he retires because there are too many boomers that truly believe what he says. 

1 hour ago, B00M said:

I heard him several times when Obama was president. He was critical and always questioned motives... so that was my baseline. 

The few times I've heard him under Trump, I shouldn't have been, but I was blown away by the complete lack of criticism of Trump. He bent over backwards unlike anyone else to defend Trump and bash the never-Trump conservatives. It's like he was regurgitating the white house talking points and trying to take them a step further.

The last time I heard him he said that conservatives who are pro choice are cowards that don't stand for anything... And that the only people that believe in man made global warming or that man can make the earth uninhabitable don't believe in God like he does. If you believe in God and love the Earth he created, you would know it's impossible for man to destroy it. Then he said something about the Green New Deal boiling down to taxing cow farts and I had to turn it off. 

I hope he fully recovers, but I hope he retires because there are too many boomers that truly believe what he says. 

Yeah the shtick is take complex issues (economic, weather, medical) which have decades of peer reviewed science behind them and come up with a homespun, folksy,  or derogatory counter phrase to sum it all up for your position.  You end having to explain things which need no explanation.

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Thanks.  Figured if there was a buck to be made, someone would do it.  No matter what it does to your soul.

It was less than a buck to be made than an attempt to counter balance the right wing echo chamber (Rush, Levin, etc.) with a liberal version.  The only thing is, liberals don't go for the same kind of lock-step propagandized approach as the right does.  Every one likes to think that they're an independent thinker - but those on the right like to do their "independent thinking" in a group of their own, excluding other ideas.  Why do you think Rush got his idiot minions to call themselves, "Dittoheads"?  Why do you think Bernie Bros stayed home when they could've joined in lock-step with Clinton instead of voting third party or staying home?  It is a fundamental difference in perception of the world.

Anyhow, you can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_America_(radio_network)

Edited by Chad Fuck

The attempt to find some left wing equivalents to Rush and Hannity et al - remember Air America? - failed because liberals don’t consume media in the same way conservatives do.

For instance -

Former Air America host Janeane Garofalo, who left the network in 2006 to focus on acting and stand-up comedy, has an additional explanation for the difficulty in challenging the Limbaughs of the world. "Conservative or regressive radio has an easier time of it, because what it does is tap into your lesser nature," she says. "It's really easy to do that. That's why it has the success it has: because it allows assholes to think they're doing good things, to think they're patriots.…Working for radio that speaks truth to power, that asks people to be better, to be good citizens, to participate in democracy, is not as easy as what regressive radio does, which is ask people to do nothing."

Another possibility is that there just aren't that many liberals who want to tune in to partisan jabber, even if they agree with it. Al Franken mocked Limbaugh in 2004 for saying (in Franken's words) "liberals won't listen to talk radio, they like nuance too much." But what if that's true? Many left-of-center radio listeners are no doubt satisfied with National Public Radio, which offers intelligent, non-ideological reporting and analysis. NPR's most popular program, Morning Edition, has around 13 million weekly listeners, and it's safe to assume that there is little overlap between that group and Limbaugh's audience. Right-wing radio listeners tend to be allergic to mainstream-media organs such as NPR (National Putrid Radio, some call it), so they don't have a compelling alternative to talk-radio bombast. Or as Garofalo sees it, "They are comforted by authoritarian figures, they are comforted by marching in lockstep. People on the left are far more intellectually curious." When I asked Bill Hess if he hoped to lure some NPR devotees over to Air America, he said, "Being a second choice for some of those listeners would be a very fertile area for us to mine audience."

2 hours ago, B00M said:

You're right. You shouldn't have been blown away by that.

Limbaugh is Exhibit A of an idiot whose political views are functionally no different than what football team you like. He made his entire career being a jingoistic shock jock and based on the very few soundbites I suffered (and articles I read), the tenor of his show changes massively when either Congress and/or the Executive crosses party lines. He's a boot-lacer when the DNC is in charge and a bootlicker when the GOP is in charge. It's  like watching professional wrestling with the babyface/heel commentators...except it's just him.

What's particularly shocking, however, is the following he's been able to accumulate over the years in spite of the fact that he doesn't really know anything. There's a reason that he and people like him don't participate in public debates with respectable figures: they know full well that they'd wind up like the Fred March character near the end of Inherit The Wind: a pathetic, defeated man with egg on his face and his tail between his legs. That's also why he does his show just by himself: he can only survive on one-way conversations. He'd get regularly pummeled in two-way formats against anyone even moderately informed, and for the same reason I just said: he is so wildly uninformed about actual political issues and can only offer bumper sticker slogans.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

LMFAO

Please. Al Franken was a caricature of a Senator.  Even with the box of ballots found in the trunk of a car that put him over the finish line against Norm Coleman. 

pure coincidence I’m sure.   

• Fuck You 7

4 hours ago, JustBecause said:

LMFAO

Please. Al Franken was a caricature of a Senator.  Even with the box of ballots found in the trunk of a car that put him over the finish line against Norm Coleman. 

You'd have to really suck to lose to Al Franken, even if you spot him a box of ballots in the trunk of a mythological car.  Still, how embarrassing.

7 hours ago, JustBecause said:

LMFAO

Negged for ignoring the main point about the pussy grabber. Negged because my tolerance for unconsidered regurgitation of talking points is depleted. Negged for being an NFL political entity. Negged just because.

Fuck you for dancing in oblivious delight around the bonfire of what was once a pretty fucking good idea for a country. By all means, don't trip and fall into the flames.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot