Wes Anderson's next film, The French Dispatch

mdmost

Wes Anderson can get any actor he wants, looks like. He could go to Robert Redford and Meryl Streep and be like “I have parts for you in my new movie. You play the part of two heroin addicts laying around in a crackhouse. You only appear in one 2-second shot, and you don’t have any lines”, and they’d be like “we’re in!”.

• Like 1

I want Wes Anderson to receive UT’s Distinguished Alumni Award but he keeps perpetuating the myth that Owen Wilson is either talented or funny.  And so I remain steadfast against his recognition.  

Having said that, I will want to view this motion picture toot sweet. 

• 1 year later...

Awesome. Wes Anderson movies make the world a better place.

I remember when I first saw Bottle Rocket. It was kind of like the first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite. I couldn’t figure out why someone had recommended it to me. But once I got it I got it.

Love those flicks.

• Like 2

Is that in order of your preference, or how well known you think his films are? 

Because you have Fantastic Mr. Fox way too low and you should feel awful for the rest of the day.  I realize other films must suffer, but this is the Wes Way.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Is that in order of your preference, or how well known you think his films are? 

Because you have Fantastic Mr. Fox way too low and you should feel awful for the rest of the day.  I realize other films must suffer, but this is the Wes Way.

My preference. Try as I might, I just have a hard time being really interested/invested in animated movies. I admit it’s a real flaw in my cinephilia. 

Edited by Reynolds Woodcock

Just fucking with you since you have the movie too low.   I agree with most of your list.  

While beautiful and funny, "Darjeeling" and "Moonrise" are not very rewatchable.  I can rewatch any of this other films multiple times no matter the mood, but I can't sit through those two ever again except maybe to show my daughter when she's older.  But my wife and I probably rewatch Rushmore, Isle of Dogs, Mr Fox multiple times a year.  The rest, probably once a year. 

I am quite excited for the French Dispatch.  Not enough movies based on obscure midwestern newspapers.   

1 hour ago, HoustonFrog said:

1. Budapest Hotel. A masterpiece IMO and the only Anderson movie that has historical relevance (WW2/ Nazis)
2. Zissou. Movie gets me
3. Tenebaums
4. Fantastic Fox
5. Moonrise
6. Bottle Rocket
7. Darjeeling
8. isle dogs
9. Rushmore

rushmore at the bottom?  get the fuck out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

1. Budapest Hotel. A masterpiece IMO and the only Anderson movie that has historical relevance (WW2/ Nazis)
2. Zissou. Movie gets me
3. Tenebaums
4. Fantastic Fox
5. Moonrise
6. Bottle Rocket
7. Darjeeling
8. isle dogs
9. Rushmore

jack black wtf GIF