What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

4 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I usually head to Dan’s when I’m craving a burger but I wanted to try the banana pudding shake.

I assume this was the whataburger on lamar next to the DMV?  I have not had great luck with that location.  lots of lukewarm or even cool burgers.  infuriating. 

On 7/7/2022 at 6:05 AM, deadshank said:

Then ask them to delete the slice of American.  

It’s not difficult.  

My point is that they thought it was a good idea in the first place which tells me all I need to know about how well the blue cheese will be executed. And as elfenix pointed out it's listed together on the app as one.

57 minutes ago, Covri said:

My point is that they thought it was a good idea in the first place which tells me all I need to know about how well the blue cheese will be executed. And as elfenix pointed out it's listed together on the app as one.

They'd have to scrape the mold off the American cheese that they are claiming is blue cheese. 

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I had a fantastically cooked #4 with grilled onions and jalapeños yesterday in Seguin. Not the one off the Highway. And this was probably the hottest I have ever had a burger served to me at whataburger. As in, even the last bite was still quite warm.

The location by the HEB?

• Like 1

I had a fantastically cooked #4 with grilled onions and jalapeños yesterday in Seguin. Not the one off the Highway. And this was probably the hottest I have ever had a burger served to me at whataburger. As in, even the last bite was still quite warm.

Keep going. I’m almost there.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/8/2022 at 5:18 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Ate at the Seguin location on 123 on the way to Port A a month ago.   Was the best Whataburger I’d had in a long time.   Piping hot.  Perfect fries, quick and friendly staff.   Parking lot was designed by blind chimps 

• Hook 'Em 1

whataburgers are assembled top bun down.   that's the bottom bun you're looking at.  next time i'll swap the patties so that the cheese is in the middle if they don't construct it that way to begin with. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

Side note I had a belt buster with cheese from DQ the other day and it was pretty good, lots of veggies made it huge and also fall apart the last half. A double with cheese from Whataburger when done right is still better, but the burger meat at DQ was pretty good. DQ would be better with better mustard and better construction. They put the mustard and lettuce together which made it sloppy.

So for now WB>DQ still 

Got a thing in my app for a free peppercorn ranch chicken sandwich. I'm normally a grilled Monterey melt guy but fucked up and didn't specify grilled when I ordered. This would probably be pretty good with grilled chicken cause the breaded filet I got was salty AF and overcooked/drier than Ben Shapiro's wife.

Whataburger-Introduces-New-Peppercorn-Ra

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hmbre97 said:

Got a thing in my app for a free peppercorn ranch chicken sandwich. I'm normally a grilled Monterey melt guy but fucked up and didn't specify grilled when I ordered. This would probably be pretty good with grilled chicken cause the breaded filet I got was salty AF and overcooked/drier than Ben Shapiro's wife.

Whataburger-Introduces-New-Peppercorn-Ra

I got the same deal yesterday.  Went with the spicy filet.  It was good, not life-changing.  Biggest problem was I placed an online order for pickup at 1230.  Had to wait until 100 for it to be ready.  25-30 people all standing towards the front waiting for their food.  People who hadn't ordered online still kept piling in and ordering with no signs of reading the room.  Should have been a quick "Nope" for the walk-ins.  The mouthbreather element was strong.

6 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Wait, are you suggesting a fast food restaurant should have not taken orders from customers that walked into their establishment in order to purchase their meals?

No, not at all.  I was saying that the folks walking into order should have read the room and said "holy crap" these guys are crazy behind.  I'll get lunch somewhere else.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

No, not at all.  I was saying that the folks walking into order should have read the room and said "holy crap" these guys are crazy behind.  I'll get lunch somewhere else.

Ah okay, gotcha.

I always order curbside, and if it's lunchtime I usually show up about 10 minutes after the app's scheduled time.  Rarely have I waited more than a few minutes.

I had In and Out for the first time today, why in the fuck do people compare these two? Whataburger by a mile. In and Out you have limited options and animal style is nothing but mayo and ketchup mixed, their cheese sucks. 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:55 AM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

I got the same deal yesterday.  Went with the spicy filet.  It was good, not life-changing.  Biggest problem was I placed an online order for pickup at 1230.  Had to wait until 100 for it to be ready.  25-30 people all standing towards the front waiting for their food.  People who hadn't ordered online still kept piling in and ordering with no signs of reading the room.  Should have been a quick "Nope" for the walk-ins.  The mouthbreather element was strong.

Wait-A-Burger

I mean, I still crush WB as much as my arteries allow. But yeah. 

Edited by Llewelyn Moss

Used the offer for a free double with purchase of a drink and fries yesterday. The hamburger patties were the worst I've ever seen from any Whataburger. Hell, from any major burger chain I've ever eaten at. Gray, flavorless...it was as if they had been cooked days ago and then sat in the refrigerator and microwaved for maybe 15 seconds to just get the slightest bit of warmth to them.