What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

My wife makes homemade vanilla pudding, with from scratch custard and honemade whipped cream. I love it fresh but hate the leftovers when the nillla wafers go soggy and bananas turn black.

I prefer she leave it deconstructed for assembly per serving. A hack. Use homemade peanut butter cookies instead of boxed vanilla wafers. If you don’t have time make with nutter butter peanut butter cookies. Will knock your dick in the dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the below article on a newsfeed.   Entire article is too long to c&p but has charts and graphs that permit you to review your Whataburger store.    Worst Whataburgers are said to be in Austin.   (note that I had to go to page 2 to find this thread) 🙂

Excerpt:

Crystal Albert walked into a Whataburger on E. Parmer Lane in Austin months ago and said she waited 45 minutes for her chicken sandwich.

When it arrived, “I was given a completely raw chicken” between a bun and some lettuce, Albert wrote in a recent Google review. She included a photo of her half-eaten meal.

Albert added: “Not just slightly raw – it’s like this chicken wasn’t even touched by any sort of heat. Unfortunately, I ate it in my dark car so I didn’t realize it until it was too late. Be wary about this location.”

Austin has the highest percentage of below-average Whataburgers in Texas, according to an Express-News analysis of Google data. The best are in El Paso.

The worst Whataburgers in Texas are in Austin, Google data shows (expressnews.com)

1 hour ago, torre said:

Saw the below article on a newsfeed.   Entire article is too long to c&p but has charts and graphs that permit you to review your Whataburger store.    Worst Whataburgers are said to be in Austin.   (note that I had to go to page 2 to find this thread) 🙂

Excerpt:

Crystal Albert walked into a Whataburger on E. Parmer Lane in Austin months ago and said she waited 45 minutes for her chicken sandwich.

When it arrived, “I was given a completely raw chicken” between a bun and some lettuce, Albert wrote in a recent Google review. She included a photo of her half-eaten meal.

Albert added: “Not just slightly raw – it’s like this chicken wasn’t even touched by any sort of heat. Unfortunately, I ate it in my dark car so I didn’t realize it until it was too late. Be wary about this location.”

Austin has the highest percentage of below-average Whataburgers in Texas, according to an Express-News analysis of Google data. The best are in El Paso.

The worst Whataburgers in Texas are in Austin, Google data shows (expressnews.com)

Makes sense as per-capita Austin has the highest percentage of pretentious cunts and transplants. 

Not that I myself rate any of the Austin WBs particularly highly.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Makes sense as per-capita Austin has the highest percentage of pretentious cunts and transplants. 

Not that I myself rate any of the Austin WBs particularly highly.

83% of the comments on the survey:

"It's no In-N-Out."

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:26 AM, Texzilla58 said:

My wife makes homemade vanilla pudding, with from scratch custard and honemade whipped cream. I love it fresh but hate the leftovers when the nillla wafers go soggy and bananas turn black.

I prefer she leave it deconstructed for assembly per serving. A hack. Use homemade peanut butter cookies instead of boxed vanilla wafers. If you don’t have time make with nutter butter peanut butter cookies. Will knock your dick in the dirt.

Throw that into a pie crust with some sliced bananas on the bottom and fresh whipped cream over the top. It’ll hold up better for the next day (if applicable)…bonus points if you throw a little coconut in the custard while cooking.

Throw that into a pie crust with some sliced bananas on the bottom and fresh whipped cream over the top. It’ll hold up better for the next day (if applicable)…bonus points if you throw a little coconut in the custard while cooking.

Negatory on the coconut in the pudding. That’s a horrible texture, like little worms swimming in it. Maybe toasted and sprinkled on top.

Knew a guy who brought homemade banana pudding to work potlucks.  He used pepperidge farms chessmen instead of vanilla wafers.  It went hard.

That sounds great. I made a cheesecake recently with those biskoff cookies crushed as a crust. It rocked. I’m going to make a banana pudding with these addictive cookies next time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, Deej said:

Who doesn't carry around a package of American cheese slices for just such an occasion?

CSB warning.

Many years ago I witnessed a friend of my older brother pull some kraft single slices out of the glove compartment of his car after going through the drive-thru at BK to add to his Whopper.  

He was a big ol fat fucker.

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

CSB warning.

Many years ago I witnessed a friend of my older brother pull some kraft single slices out of the glove compartment of his car after going through the drive-thru at BK to add to his Whopper.  

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

13 hours ago, Incredulity said:

CSB warning.

i think you mean a big fat pimp !

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

sausage jalapeno cheddar biscuit, no egg, add  no cheese

damn perfection 

Fixed it for my version of damned perfection.

Can sub sausage with chicken (no honey butter) as well.

Edited by dcbc

On 8/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, HenryJames said:

I have pretty much given up on whataburger. The fucking something up or just plain not good was outweighing the increasingly rare awesomeness that I had come to expect. But I am in El Paso on occasion, so maybe I'll hit one up there.

• Hook 'Em 2

I had a burger at Jucy's today.  About a buck more than a combo meal at Whataburger and 10x better.  Had to attend a thing with my kid at Whataburger tonight.  Since I had a burger at lunch, I opted for a spicy chicken sandwich.  Didn't suck.  Wife got a double jr. and had to get the bun replaced when it fell apart (split down the middle).  They were nice about it.  So that's cool.  Overall, it was fine.  Got onion rings for a change.

I'm using this as the complain thread.  Has anyone successfully gotten food from the Wendy's on Crystal Falls in Leander?  I've been there three times in the past two weeks and left without food every time.  I went there at 11 am, 11:30 am and 5 pm and the inside was locked every time.  Drive through only.  Could never get food from the drive through because the wait exceeded twenty minutes.  After my brother texted me today to say he couldn't get food there, I googled the location and...holy shit.  It's thousands of one star reviews for the same shit.  How the fuck is this particular location in business?

I'm using this as the complain thread.  Has anyone successfully gotten food from the Wendy's on Crystal Falls in Leander?  I've been there three times in the past two weeks and left without food every time.  I went there at 11 am, 11:30 am and 5 pm and the inside was locked every time.  Drive through only.  Could never get food from the drive through because the wait exceeded twenty minutes.  After my brother texted me today to say he couldn't get food there, I googled the location and...holy shit.  It's thousands of one star reviews for the same shit.  How the fuck is this particular location in business?

I ordered a carryout order at Wendy’s in Hutto and same shit, inside was locked. Uh. So go through drive thru, 20 min wait, they give me the wrong food. Now there are even more cars in the drive thru and can’t go inside to exchange. Rage.
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/9/2022 at 3:49 PM, Deej said:

Yep. They have noticeably gone downhill. I'm not dealing with their shitty service for the product they are putting out, now. I used to could deal with it, but fuck 'em at this point. 

I've only been going for breakfast .. and only b/c it's on the way to work ... Need to find a Texas based lunch replacement - maybe just go to Dirty's everyday.

I had a double meat double chez w/ bacon the other week at the Belt Line location in Irving and it was superb. Fries were crispy and hot AF and they threw like 4 spicy ketchups in my bag. Up until then my experiences had been a total shit show and hadn't been to one in a long while because of it, so this was quite pleasant. 

The basic Whataburger box is actually a pretty good deal. $4.95 per burger after tax and shit, added our own cheese and jalapeños, cooked some fries, had 2 meals for 5 people.  I like cooking, but making 10 burger patties, fixing all sides and toasting the buns is a pain.   Would order again.  

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag