What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I know there are some WB grilled cheese fans on here, but if anyone needs a really cheap weekend snack, Sonic has theirs for $1 through Sunday (app or online, limit 5). 

Randomly got a couple tonight for the boys (and myself 1 for QC check naturally) and they were pretty good, didn't skimp on the cheese like back when they were a dollar all the time. Kids were happy.

• Like 1

anyone else love curbside at the beginning but now resorting to going inside for pickup due to any number of issues (long wait, wrong ketchup, etc) .  I've even resorted to putting 'spicy ketchup' in the 'who is this for".  - and it actually worked that one time. last night I  ordered a plain wb junior with cheese using rewards and was charged 50 cents for cheese and got a plain burger. wtf

Had to pick up a cello for my middle school kiddo and the shake shack was right there (this is SA, on San Pedro). He asked for forgiveness when he told me that he thinks it’s better than whataburger.

On the one hand, I have thus far raised a considerate young man who recognizes his faults. But on the other hand….

Having grown up in Corpus Christi two blocks from the original WB, I suffer greatly from good old days syndrome when I remember watching the greatness being prepared in front of me while sipping on a root beer. Good times going to the Ayers theatre on Saturdays for the double feature when in between shows, there were 10 kids chosen to compete in a Whataburger eating contest (humblebrag-NEVER lost when chosen!!). The prize was a coupon for a free meal for your family.  And how can it be that FW is #3 on the worst rating list-there isn't a decent WB restaurant in Tarrant County, they all suck.

• Like 3

I hit up the drive thru at our newest Whataburger location yesterday at 8:30 a.m.  Both lanes open.  I hit up lane 2, placed my order, and pulled to the front.  They came out with my coffee, took my money, and disappeared.  Inside lane emptied out.  After about 10 minutes of sitting there, while several more cars came and went in the inside lane,  I pulled around and went inside.  Waited in a 2-deep line.  Finally, got to explain that I'd been abandoned.  Eventually, they came out with my sausage biscuit, explained that it was a "work thing," and I left.  Brutal incompetence. 

On 9/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, dcbc said:

I hit up the drive thru at our newest Whataburger location yesterday at 8:30 a.m.  Both lanes open.  I hit up lane 2, placed my order, and pulled to the front.  They came out with my coffee, took my money, and disappeared.  Inside lane emptied out.  After about 10 minutes of sitting there, while several more cars came and went in the inside lane,  I pulled around and went inside.  Waited in a 2-deep line.  Finally, got to explain that I'd been abandoned.  Eventually, they came out with my sausage biscuit, explained that it was a "work thing," and I left.  Brutal incompetence. 

"Look at this asshole pulling in to lane 2. Take your time on that sausage biscuit."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

I stopped at the store in Ardmore, OK of I35. Got a double meat double cheese grilled japs raw onion mustard only. Fries. Big Dr Pepper. Wife got an order of fries and big Coke.

Should have bought a lottery ticket. I was transported to a nebulous time in my past. The burger was hot, cheese melty, condiments perfect, crisp lettuce and the generous mater seemed to have actually been grown on a plant. Bun fresh and toasted. Japs perfectly spread out instead of the usual wad. Fries hot and perfect. The drinks were spot on. It got my wife revved up for when we got home. Should have taken a photo. Probably a wrinkle in the time space continuum or Chicago thugs never heerd of Oklahoma.

It is in a row of braums and fosters freeze so maybe competition works.

11 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I stopped at the store in Ardmore, OK of I35. Got a double meat double cheese grilled japs raw onion mustard only. Fries. Big Dr Pepper. Wife got an order of fries and big Coke.

Should have bought a lottery ticket. I was transported to a nebulous time in my past. The burger was hot, cheese melty, condiments perfect, crisp lettuce and the generous mater seemed to have actually been grown on a plant. Bun fresh and toasted. Japs perfectly spread out instead of the usual wad. Fries hot and perfect. The drinks were spot on. It got my wife revved up for when we got home. Should have taken a photo. Probably a wrinkle in the time space continuum or Chicago thugs never heerd of Oklahoma.

It is in a row of braums and fosters freeze so maybe competition works.

But you were still in Oklahoma.

Checkmate.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

i think my all time favorite fast food burger may be the patty melt + bacon + jack cheese + pickles/mustard + griddled jalapenos. just a fantastic combination across the board. by the time i get home everything is melty.

plus our local whataburger has finally fixed curbside delivery and i no longer have to wait a million hours in line

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

i think my all time favorite fast food burger may be the patty melt + bacon + jack cheese + pickles/mustard + griddled jalapenos. just a fantastic combination across the board. by the time i get home everything is melty.

plus our local whataburger has finally fixed curbside delivery and i no longer have to wait a million hours in line

Think how much better it would be with bacon that wasn't Whataburger bacon. 

• Like 1

I like how that breakfast bowl doesn't offer anything they didn't have before. It's basically, here's our main breakfast items piled in a bowl covered in gravy, shovel it in your mouth, fatty.

I'd too would like mine ranchero style with grilled japs but with gravy still on top lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, WBT said:

WBHQ22-HomepageBanner-Desktop-BreakfastB

Hmm.  Would be better with a jalapeno cheddar biscuit.  And gravy on scrambled eggs seems disgusting.  But no gravy and ranchero style eggs and they may have something.

Most scrambled eggs are disgusting, and I love eggs. 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, elfenix said:

Goddamn this was perfect. Burger hot and juicy, cheese perfectly melted between the patties, and fries just starting to brown.
fabf5360f28cd9151697206b27c4e04a.jpg

The sad thing about this picture is that such perfection only occurs every quarter of the year.  The days of "hot, fresh, made to order" which is why this burger was superior to all others are but a memory imho.  But I still go and hope to experience what your picture shows.

• Hook 'Em 1