What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

On 10/5/2022 at 4:03 PM, conVINCEd said:

Anyone ordering the fish sandwich at any fast food burger place needs to reevaluate their life choices.

Go fuck thyself.

On 10/6/2022 at 8:08 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Wendy's fish sandwich is damn good.

It is.  My son is a fast food fish sammich gourmand.  The Filet O Fish is always a solid choice, but we agree, the Wendy's fish sammich is the best.  And truly, don't sleep on the Arby's fish sammich.

I like a cheap fish sammich, so sue me.  Whataburger's was never anything special, though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It is.  My son is a fast food fish sammich gourmand.  The Filet O Fish is always a solid choice, but we agree, the Wendy's fish sammich is the best.  And truly, don't sleep on the Arby's fish sammich.

I like a cheap fish sammich, so sue me.  Whataburger's was never anything special, though.

do the traditional fast food seafood places offer a fried fish sangdwich?  and if so how do they compare?

long john silver’s, captain d’s, etc

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Go fuck thyself.

If I want something that lives in the water on some sort of bread product, I’ll grab a poboy from the cajun place not far from the house.  They were $10 with fries the last time I went a few months ago.  I’m sure it’s $11 or $12 now, but I payed $12 the last time I went to Whataburger.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It may be an obvious "not even close."  But how do the above compare to Luby's fish rectangles, which are a gift from on high.

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Don’t sleep on BK either. Fish sandwich is >> Wendy’s. 

Username suspicious

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, pch said:

The sad thing about this picture is that such perfection only occurs every quarter of the year.  The days of "hot, fresh, made to order" which is why this burger was superior to all others are but a memory imho.  But I still go and hope to experience what your picture shows.

100% this. In my experience, I'm lucky if one out of every four or five visits hits the mark, and that's at the "good" locations in DFW.  When WB is on, it's on, but getting an "on" meal is becoming the rare exception these days. Case in point: my daughter used to love Whataburger.  Three subpar burgers in a row from the locations that usually had their shit together has ruined it for her.  Her last burger was so bad (cold patty, cheese coulda been straight outta the fridge, veg wilted) I went back and got a refund. Got attitude from kid acting as manager, but he eventually refunded.

Thanks, Chicago.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Dutch said:
On 10/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, pch said:

The sad thing about this picture is that such perfection only occurs every quarter of the year.  The days of "hot, fresh, made to order" which is why this burger was superior to all others are but a memory imho.  But I still go and hope to experience what your picture shows.

100% this. In my experience, I'm lucky if one out of every four or five visits hits the mark, and that's at the "good" locations in DFW.  When WB is on, it's on, but getting an "on" meal is becoming the rare exception these days. Case in point: my daughter used to love Whataburger.  Three subpar burgers in a row from the locations that usually had their shit together has ruined it for her.  Her last burger was so bad (cold patty, cheese coulda been straight outta the fridge, veg wilted) I went back and got a refund. Got attitude from kid acting as manager, but he eventually refunded.

Thanks, Chicago.

My recent experiences have been the same, but with less favorable odds. I simply haven't had a great burger from Whataburger in recent memory. They''ve been meh to subpar and frequently incorrect.

My typical order is a double meat with cheese, mustard, lettuce and jalapenos with fries and ice tea. Occasionally, I'll add grilled onions to the burger.

Thanks, Chicago.

Did you talk to Dennis the manager or the shift manager? He fired that Brad dude for yapping to a dude with a bad breakfast
  • Like 1

image.thumb.png.b0b1d9d7464aaec777a1851c879c7c30.png

Pulled to WB for lunch today dead set on a patty melt. Saw this bad boy and obliged. Just my .02 but I thought it was flavorless.(oh fuck maybe I have covid,again) I’ll give it one more try except two things for sure I’ll do is 86 mustard and ask for extra onions.

36 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Pulled to WB for lunch today dead set on a patty melt. Saw this bad boy and obliged. Just my .02 but I thought it was flavorless.(oh fuck maybe I have covid,again) I’ll give it one more try except two things for sure I’ll do is 86 mustard and ask for extra onions.

Replace the mustard with creamy pepper sauce and have a chilli cheese patty melt. 

34 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

^ What location? My closest didn’t show as an option last night either. 

I think I read locations in central TEXAS got an early preview but not exactly sure when it'll roll out across the state.

Just my shitty opinion, but I'd rather have chili frito fries, and leave the burger alone.  The chili always seems to overpower the taste of the beef.  I mean I'd eat one though if you handed it to me.  

This. Anyone order that yet? They could serve it in the pancake tray.

Edit: wait…..has anyone gone in at night or morning and ordered fries covered in gravy? It’s not poutine because it’s cream gravy so ‘Murica

3 minutes ago, deft said:

Edit: wait…..has anyone gone in at night or morning and ordered fries covered in gravy? It’s not poutine because it’s cream gravy so ‘Murica

One of my best friends in high school would get the biscuits and gravy and an order of fries and mix it all together. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 10/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, futureman said:
On 5/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, futureman said:

they need to make a frito pie burger. wolf chili and fritos and chopped white onions on two patties with double shredded cheese. 

whataburger brass reads this thread.  I posted this back in May.  you’re welcome, everyone.

Wolf Chili, like Whataburger, isn't what it once was.

20 hours ago, deft said:

I always order a side of cream gravy to dip my fries in. If I'm eating a 1500 calorie cheeseburger, may as well go all-in.

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Just had the chili cheeseburger and I give it 6.5/10. They forgot my jalapeños (shocking, I know), which I think would have made it better. If I get it again I’ll sub shredded cheese and get it on Texas toast. 

Just realized it doesn't come with shredded cheese. Wtf? That's a no brainer.

Edited by ztejas