What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Ordered the breakfast bowl from the Leander location at about four this morning.  Came with coffee and two hash brown sticks on the side.  Coffee was cold, sticks were lukewarm.  The bowl itself was warm and appeared fresh, but the biscuit was dry and hell and crumbling everywhere.  It was in every bite and the gravy ruined everything else.  I wanted to love this, but I only ate half and threw the rest away.  Won't be getting again.

On 10/13/2022 at 4:45 PM, irishtexan said:

I always order a side of cream gravy to dip my fries in. If I'm eating a 1500 calorie cheeseburger, may as well go all-in.

Getting a thing of the creamy pepper sauce to dip your onion rings in is probably the best fast food side out there. Fries and white gravy is up there though.

3 hours ago, PilotsError said:

Ordered the breakfast bowl from the Leander location at about four this morning.  Came with coffee and two hash brown sticks on the side.  Coffee was cold, sticks were lukewarm.  The bowl itself was warm and appeared fresh, but the biscuit was dry and hell and crumbling everywhere.  It was in every bite and the gravy ruined everything else.  I wanted to love this, but I only ate half and threw the rest away.  Won't be getting again.

I suspect that the gravy is there to warm everything else back up because having all these items hot and fresh at the same time but then just throwing them all in a bowl together covered in hot gravy seems like an odd choice. I may still try it at some point but each time it gets brought up on this thread it sounds less and less appealing than when it was announced. 

Going today - Chili, Double meat, double cheese, double grilled japs - no frito chips.. Onion rings. Will advise. 

Anderson Lane Whataburger. Online order. Was cold. Bun was stale. Chili was ok. Ate all of it bc it’s Whataburger and I’m a good Texan but…. They are slipping.

Had the chili/frito/burger tonight with grilled jalapenos and Onion Rings.

Honestly, tasted a bit too "Manwich-y" for me.

Still good and didn't regret buying it, but probably not my favorite offering ever.

Had the chili/frito/burger tonight with grilled jalapenos and Onion Rings.
Honestly, tasted a bit too "Manwich-y" for me.
Still good and didn't regret buying it, but probably not my favorite offering ever.

Manwichy nails my experience.no clue why I couldn’t place it. It felt and tasted like I was eat a manwich with a double burger. NTTAWWT. Just didn’t taste like chili to me.

Based on some posts here over the summer and a friend's mention of it around that time, I hit up Braum's today.  What an utter disappointment.  Patty was fine, but the bun was stale.  The fries were okay, but not good enough to save that burger. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:42 PM, Fudbelty said:

Manwichy nails my experience.no clue why I couldn’t place it. It felt and tasted like I was eat a manwich with a double burger. NTTAWWT. Just didn’t taste like chili to me.

You gotta problem with a Manwich?

On 10/26/2022 at 9:20 PM, Deej said:

You gotta problem with a Manwich?

I wasn’t going to try the canned chili burger but now that I know it tastes like manwhich I’m intrigued.  Love me a good manwhich.  Brown some meat and Sauté up some garlic, onions and jalapeños then throw in the manwhich.  Damn good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got a #1 w/cheese, mustard only, no veggies as a road snack on my way home from visiting my dad this weekend and imagine my surprise when I looked in the bag and saw not one but 2 of the Spicy Ketchup - Limited Batch #2s in the bag without even requesting any ketchup. Girl working the window said they had just got some in so maybe this will be a regular thing. Great ketchup IMO and will hoard any I can get.