What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

On 12/1/2022 at 2:20 PM, royiv said:

Whataburger has incredibly high inconsistency between locations. The one on S. Shepherd in Houston is consistent its suckage. I've started bypassing that one and ordering from the one on Westheimer in River Oaks which has much better quality. Even then, I will order ahead on the app for in-store pick-up, wait until my allotted time and still have to wait 5-10 minutes to get my order. 

Aw man, I passed that WB earlier this year and had to reminisce on the couple times we skipped class and ate there as Seniors at Lamar. We usually drove our ass back to our side of town (Southeast) before rush hour traffic, but now I wish I'd enjoyed the good Whataburger location more. 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, dcbc said:

I lived down the street on Timmons for a year during law school in the 90s.  That River Oaks Whataburger was my go-to.  It's been solid for decades.  I miss it along with Baily's.

Man, with those two plus the summit, 1990s Timmons was great!

3402?

I think I went through 2 upsell requests and 3 condiment questions this morning when I made a very simple "sausage and egg biscuit, no cheese" order.  Are people really saying "why not" to a Whataburger apple pie on a whim at 7:30 a.m.?  Will Whataburger than ask if you want cheese on the apple pie?

/should have gotten the apple pie with cheese this morning

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

I think I went through 2 upsell requests and 3 condiment questions this morning when I made a very simple "sausage and egg biscuit, no cheese" order.  Are people really saying "why not" to a Whataburger apple pie on a whim at 7:30 a.m.?  Will Whataburger than ask if you want cheese on the apple pie?

How bout a Dr Pepper shake with spicy ketchup?

4 hours ago, dcbc said:

You have to think ahead. "It's going to almost be lunch time by the time I get my breakfast order. Maybe I should go ahead and order the pie.?"

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Texzilla58 said:

I'm resisting the temptation to make a Jimmy Two-Times joke.

Them:  Would you like to try our new Whatacatch Taquito with tartar sauce?

Me:  I'd like a sausage and egg biscuit, no cheese.

Them:  Anything else.

Me:  No, thank you.  That's all.

Them:  Would you like to add an apple pie.

Me:  No.  Just the sausage/egg biscuit.  That's all.

Them:  Would you like jelly with that?

Me:  No.

At the window

Them:  Bacon and egg biscuit, no cheese.

Me:  No.  Sausage and egg biscuit, no cheese.

Them:  Confusedly looking at the bag and screen.  Sausage? 

Me:  Yes.

Them:  Okay.  Sausage and egg biscuit, no cheese.  Would you like jelly?

Me:  Fine.  Whatever. 

If any of you lovely Chicagoans are reading this, I think I could fix the slow line problem for you.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

Them:  Would you like to try our new Whatacatch Taquito with tartar sauce?

If any of you lovely Chicagoans are reading this, I think I could fix the slow line problem for you.

Wait... what the ever living fuck? So there's not a jap cheddar biscuit, but there's a FUCKING WHATACATCH TAQUITO? 

SMDH.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I come here again to sing the praises of the Whataburger chili cheese burger. 

It's nearly a religious experience.

Imagine the first time you saw a beautiful sunset. Except instead of enjoying it with your eyes you're enjoying it with your taste buds.

This is not to sell short the visual asthetic of the burger. Once unwrapped it is daunting, but welcoming. 

Once you start to eat it, though, the world stops. Nothing matters but burger. If my house caught fire I would suffer third degree burns if it meant I could stand here and finish this tasty burger.

Of course, some might say the wise move would be to flee the house, burger in hand. But that would mean wasting precious seconds between bites of this pure unadulterated joy.

Chili Cheeseburger for President 2024.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/24/2022 at 6:52 AM, Deej said:

I'll never understand the taquito love in a state that is home to the breakfast taco and has thousands and thousands of better options. 

On 12/24/2022 at 8:59 AM, Js1 said:

Also definitely team breakfast taco >>> breakfast tuhkeytoe 

It's not really the same thing, there's no real comparison between the two. Nobody considers Whataburger taquitos to be Mexican or Tex-Mex food.  Just like nobody considers Taco Bell or JITB tacos to be Mexican or Tex-Mex food. And yet plenty of them are sold all over the state.  Whataburger taquitos and Taco Bell and JITB tacos are just junk food, and often drunk food, that exists outside the realm of real, actual food.

• Hook 'Em 5

12 hours ago, utee94 said:

It's not really the same thing, there's no real comparison between the two. Nobody considers Whataburger taquitos to be Mexican or Tex-Mex food.  Just like nobody considers Taco Bell or JITB tacos to be Mexican or Tex-Mex food. And yet plenty of them are sold all over the state.  Whataburger taquitos and Taco Bell and JITB tacos are just junk food, and often drunk food, that exists outside the realm of real, actual food.

Yeah, nobody's confusing it for legit Tex-Mex.  But anyone who wants to argue that eggs and hash browns wrapped up in a tortilla isn't tasty, go right ahead.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:11 AM, dcbc said:

If that Cheese is Sharpe Cheddar then go ahead, if it isn’t, that’s straight up hood rat shit and you need to rethink life. 
Even at Whataburger there are lines that shouldn’t be crossed. 

• Haha 1

forgot about this thread...

posting bc we had to take family to get rental car at CoSprings airport this morning (SWA clusterfuck fallout) and stopped here on the way home and it was pretty damn good, tasted exactly how i wanted/expected!

20221227_121219.thumb.jpg.98e496c7406c2920551f4dd903021301.jpg

20221227_121852.thumb.jpg.3bad237e519f348bd8b86506d0e3f2de.jpg

just a plain #4 for me.

was a nice location, fast, hot, and correct... can't beat that 😄

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Has anyone ordered the grill cheese with double bacon and jalapeños ?

No, but I certainly feel blessed to have read your post and gotten the idea now...

When I was a poor HS kid, I’d order a grilled cheese with a tomato slice in it at the greasy burger joint in Mexia. Kinda like a grilled cheese with tomato soup. I wanna say that sammy, plus fries and a can of coke was around $1.75 in 99.

• Hook 'Em 2