What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

9 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Why the fuck would you want mustard on a green chili burger?  That just takes away from the green chili taste.  Team mayo it compliments but doesn’t over power like mustard.

And that's fair, the original green chile double was chiles, cheese, and that's it - no bacon and no mayo nor mustard.  I think I'll go back to that for my next one.

Edited by WBT

Why have I yet to see anyone making the proper move and subbing creamy pepper for mayo on the green chile double? Now I'm going to have to go do that tomorrow so I can report back and tell all of you why you're wrong. 

Also - I can be team ketchup but I generally wait until I'm about halfway through my sandwich and then start dipping it into one of their perfectly sized ketchup cups. Preferrably spicy. I will take the top bun off and throw some spicy ketchup on the patty melt, though, because it's a match made in heaven.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Also - I can be team ketchup but I generally wait until I'm about halfway through my sandwich and then start dipping it into one of their perfectly sized ketchup cups.

the good thing about that is that the sweetness of the ketchup is the first thing that hits your palate, and for me that’s my favorite thing to get the palate started before I get into the meat of the sandwich. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Had a hatch green chile bacon burger today, sub onion rings, mayo told politely to GTFO. It slammed. The bacon is welcome addition to the green chile double, and I would eat again.  Hopefully WB keeps it around for a while.

Edited by Dutch

On the recommendation of everyone on this thread I went and tried the hatch green chile burger. No mayo and added grilled jalapenos.  It was as good as everyone advertised, if not a little dry.  I think the jalapeno ranch would be a good addition if they don't put too much. Will probably have this over a normal #2, but would like to try the spicy chicken before its gone. 

49 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

On the recommendation of everyone on this thread I went and tried the hatch green chile burger. No mayo and added grilled jalapenos.  It was as good as everyone advertised, if not a little dry.  I think the jalapeno ranch would be a good addition if they don't put too much. Will probably have this over a normal #2, but would like to try the spicy chicken before its gone. 

Correct Answer:  Grilled onion

Q: Best compliment to Green Chile Burger

45 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

I had the green chile double.  Sub in Texas Toast and jalapeno ranch, add in grilled japs and regular diced onion.  Pretty awesome lunch.

this sounds like the winning combo right here.

12 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Took one of the kids and a neighbor kid to hit some golf balls and then headed to Whataburger. Other kid has spent his entire life in Texas and had never been to Whataburger. Drove strait downtown and dropped him off at CPS after dinner.

my 12yo's best friend has never had it.  it was a 30 minute conversation when we found out.  next time she sleeps over the plan is to get takeout for dinner and breakfast.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

Took one of the kids and a neighbor kid to hit some golf balls and then headed to Whataburger. Other kid has spent his entire life in Texas and had never been to Whataburger. Drove strait downtown and dropped him off at CPS after dinner.

How the fuck does that happen?

Welp, the Whataburger on North Main St in the Heights continues to be hot garage. Got a soggy Spicy Chicken Sandwich with grilled jalapenos and jalapeno ranch. It was bigger and slightly spicier than the Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich, but you could have fooled me in a blind taste test. 

It didn't get much better with the burger. No. 2 with cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos, mustard on both sides of the bun. What I received : A cheeseburger without mustard, pickles, no lettuce, diced onion, and maybe a teaspoon of grilled onions and jalapenos. 

This location always has the shittiest fries, so I didn't even bother. 

Who do I need to talk to in Chicago?

7 hours ago, Focht Up said:

I had the green chile double.  Sub in Texas Toast and jalapeno ranch, add in grilled japs and regular diced onion.  Pretty awesome lunch.

Same now, minus the diced onion. My location has pretty much sucked for awhile, but they fucking nailed it tonight. Shit was damn good, gonna send a positive review so they get some credit.