What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

Where is Braum's based?

Image result for where is braum's from
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Braum's was founded in 1968 by William Henry "Bill" Braum in Oklahoma City. The company operates over 300 restaurants in 5 states, primarily in the Southern United States, namely the West South Central states of Oklahoma and Texas.
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, utee94 said:

I've had it.  I will continue to live without it.

I've been on a 15 year boycott of Braum's ever since they refused to hand me a gallon of milk through the drive through window when I had a screaming toddler in the back seat and was tasked with picking up milk.  But I might go try the burger based on a recent recommendation.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Went to the beach for a spell yesterday evening and were getting home late so we needed to order out. Kids  and nephew voted Whataburger so of course here we go again. My son and daughter ordered the kids chicken strips/tenders or whatever. Got home and the tenders boxes were empty, and we had zero ketchup. I guess I should have checked the bags, but that was (supposed to be) a lot of food to go through so I took a chance. 

On 6/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Why ?

The reason all of their DQ's are so high quality is because they pay well and treat their employees very well.

I have never read a bad word about them.

Please elaborate.

The one by my house has a sign up now hiring $10 an hour. Maybe the small town ones pay more I dunno.

3 minutes ago, Covri said:

The one by my house has a sign up now hiring $10 an hour. Maybe the small town ones pay more I dunno.

Just checked and according to the interwebs, Mayfield DQ pays as much as $16 an hour for full-time team members. 

27 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Went to the beach for a spell yesterday evening and were getting home late so we needed to order out. Kids  and nephew voted Whataburger so of course here we go again. My son and daughter ordered the kids chicken strips/tenders or whatever. Got home and the tenders boxes were empty, and we had zero ketchup. I guess I should have checked the bags, but that was (supposed to be) a lot of food to go through so I took a chance. 

are you saying they put empty tender boxes in a bag, took your money, and then handed it to you through the window? 

• Haha 1

How does one pick up an empty box and put in your bag? Multiple boxes? That’s calling the district office level shit. That’s a dumbass or crooked manager.

If it’s just the tenders missing I can see how it would go unnoticed. Gravy, fries, toast would make it feel heavy enough. Doesn't excuse it, but it’s not like it’s an empty box completely. Now if they were completely empty not sure how that goes unnoticed in the hand off.

The only thing Whataburger does to mess up my order from time to time is to forget the creamy pepper sauce for dipping my onion rings in. But the one I go to won the Whataburger games a few years back so maybe they just try harder lol.

Seems like you should have felt weight discrepancy if they just put empty tender boxes in the bag. 

Kids and nephew probably ate it all in the backseat on the drive home while you were posting on Surly and driving. 

1 hour ago, Covri said:

If it’s just the tenders missing I can see how it would go unnoticed. Gravy, fries, toast would make it feel heavy enough. Doesn't excuse it, but it’s not like it’s an empty box completely. Now if they were completely empty not sure how that goes unnoticed in the hand off.

The deal is, for the kids chicken strips meal it's not the giant folding box, it's a bag, with a bag of fries and a fries "box" with the strips in it. The fries "box" the tenders go into was placed into the bag empty, along with the fries and their stupid fruit snacks no one wants because the cookies were fine. Also No gravys. No ketchups. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Seems like you should have felt weight discrepancy if they just put empty tender boxes in the bag. 

Kids and nephew probably ate it all in the backseat on the drive home while you were posting on Surly and driving. 

The fries and fruit snacks were in the bag (kids strips are placed in a fries box inside of the kids meal bag). There were also two burgers and fries in the bag. I was also alone, and I did not eat them. That's a lot to not notice like 4 or however many chicken strips. Maybe should have caught the no gravy and ketchup part, though. 

Or how about just getting the fucking orders right. DQ seems to do it with their 1.5 employees. 

EDIT to add: I normally don't complain this much, because honestly I'm not a very picky person, and am rather patient. If they f up my order, I'm fine. But my wife is picky and my kids are picky, and especially last night they were tired and hungry af. You know how it goes: when they're not happy.....

My real frustration is that for some reason my wife and daughter continue to want to go to Whataburger every time we bring up picking something up. I've learned. They haven't. At least my son is coming around. 

Edited by UncleBuck

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

The fries and fruit snacks were in the bag (kids strips are placed in a fries box inside of the kids meal bag). There were also two burgers and fries in the bag. I was also alone, and I did not eat them. That's a lot to not notice like 4 or however many chicken strips. Maybe should have caught the no gravy and ketchup part, though. 

Or how about just getting the fucking orders right. DQ seems to do it with their 1.5 employees. 

lethal-weapon.gif

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

The deal is, for the kids chicken strips meal it's not the giant folding box, it's a bag, with a bag of fries and a fries "box" with the strips in it. The fries "box" the tenders go into was placed into the bag empty, along with the fries and their stupid fruit snacks no one wants because the cookies were fine. Also No gravys. No ketchups. 

I don’t think I even realized that, I get my kids the cheeseburger since it’s Whataburger just assumed they always used the box for tenders.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, ss13 said:

Try the Club if your location has it. I’m about 3-3 with it here in FW. 

spacer.png

Make that 4-4 now. Their bacon demolishes WB’s, & they were friendly with it tonight. 

Their 3-pints of ice cream/frozen yogurt are 2/$7 after tax now too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ss13 said:

Make that 4-4 now. Their bacon demolishes WB’s, & they were friendly with it tonight. 

Their 3-pints of ice cream/frozen yogurt are 2/$7 after tax now too. 

They have the best fast food bacon hands down. It actually crunches when you bite into the burger.

Edited by Covri
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wish Chicago would send Portillo chains down here.

https://www.portillos.com/thecolony/

edit: i see this was covered

43 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If Braums ever made it as far south as north Houston, it would become my family’s most visited fast food burger/ice cream restaurant without question. Texas (south of Dallas) can’t seem to support Okie FF (Braums, Taco Bueno).

bueno is from abilene

Edited by elfenix

• 2 weeks later...
So these commies can't put japs and cheddar in some biscuit dough but they are rolling out a bacon "blue" cheese burger.
Fuckers.

In the past that would mean you could get blue cheese in on your chicken biscuit, on your patty melt, in your Dr Pepper shake if that’s what you want. No more. Just more Lori Lightfoot dick stirring your drink.

On 7/5/2022 at 8:35 AM, Covri said:

Bacon and blue cheese makes a really great burger. I would not trust any fast food place to get it right though. Especially not one thats also puts a slice of American on the burger with the blue cheese. 

Then ask them to delete the slice of American.  

It’s not difficult.  

My local whataburger always on the hot/cold streak. Went there last month to get the Southern Bacon Double..... it was damn good. I'd order again. Went a few days ago to try the Bacon Blue Cheese Burger, it was shittastic, and the fries were shitty too. Hardly any blue cheese, bacon was limp, just shit. I blame it mostly on that location though, I know there's stores that do better overall.

On 7/4/2022 at 8:54 PM, Surly Bevo said:

So these commies can't put japs and cheddar in some biscuit dough but they are rolling out a bacon "blue" cheese burger.

Fuckers.

Exactly. Stop with all this new shit and just fucking bring back the jap cheddar biscuit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1