What do you order at Whataburger?

Topper13

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, TexasMan said:

Burgers, much like Mexican food is a comfort thing. You like whatever you grew up eating. White Castle is s***, but it is beloved in the Northeast. 

Grilled jalapenos at Whataburger is a game changer. I add to burgers and the grilled chicken. I'm looking forward to them bringing back the Chorizo Burger. 

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Burgers, much like Mexican food is a comfort thing. You like whatever you grew up eating. White Castle is s***, but it is beloved in the Northeast. 

Grilled jalapenos at Whataburger is a game changer. I add to burgers and the grilled chicken. I'm looking forward to them bringing back the Chorizo Burger. 

giphy.gif

People like what they like, not necessarily what they grew up on.  This chode is Australian and last I checked, they didn't have In N Out Burger in Australia.  Hell, I grew up on McDonalds and Burger King and you couldn't pay me to eat that shit over Whataburger now.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:30 PM, slorch said:

Not a very high chance of getting out-Whataburgered.

Damn impressive.   and a DIET Dr Pepper...LOLz.

I gotta say, I'll be 32 in about a week and I used to chuckle when my dad told me he couldn't drink soda because it was too sweet.  I now understand that though.  I prefer to drink 0 sugar sodas if I have one at all these days.  What the fuck is the deal with that?

• 2 weeks later...

I only order three things at Whataburger: 

1) A Triple meat with no cheese, mustard on both sides of the bun, lettuce, and grilled jalapenos. Strawberry shake, onion rings. 

2) A double meat, double cheese, mustard on both sides of the bun, lettuce, and grilled jalapenos

3) Grilled chicken, lettuce and picante sauce 

I'm going to try the Chorizo Burger when it comes back around. 

*Hot Take Alert* The breakfast taquitos, aren't really taquitos and are just slightly above average. In a lot of small Texas towns, Whataburger is probably the best breakfast taco in town, but in Houston there thousands of better options. 

• Like 1

Triple cheeseburger, or similar.
Sweet tea. (And why is it better in an authentic styrofoam cup?)
Fries.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Whataburger's fries aren't very memorable.

They’re really not.
BUT...do y’all remember when they served em in a round cup? It was perfect. If you got them fresh outta the fryer, add a little salt, put em in your cup holder on the dash, and go to town as you drove to the dove hunt. Man, that was the stuff. I swear they were better 20 yrs ago...but that may have been the cup.

they're not memorable and they're still better than in-n-out's.  cold they're better than mcdonald's fries, though.  mcdonalds fries do not age well.  which is kinda odd because whataburger fries don't hold well (you can tell when you've gotten the last of the previous batch)

Parmer Lane whataburger had me convinced the touch was gone and food terrible. 

The I35 and Breaker location on a whim renewed my faith. Freshly cooked, burgers NOT light gray and cold with unmelted cheese. Bun not run over by a tire. Fries so hot they burn your mouth. 

It was like seeing an old friend. Shame on you Parmer lane. You disgrace the name. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1