2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Hmm, I wonder what perspective recently retired Red Sox consultant Bill James has that leads him to take this contrarian view

When probably the most knowledgeable baseball historian of all time disagrees with you haters, you're definitely wrong.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

When probably the most knowledgeable baseball historian of all time disagrees with you haters, you're definitely wrong.

Yep, like we said earlier in the thread & some want to pretend isn't the case ... this kind of cheating has been around for over 100 years. Love it, hate it, or dgaf, but pretending it's just the Astros doing it & vilifying them for it just exposes the naïve, simplistic idiots out there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Lol “their treatment”

that’s how I know he wasn’t being serious in that tweet. That was strictly for the replies and the retweets from astros fans that can say “see! Told you!”

“I just don’t think it’s fair that we’ve been treated so poorly for breaking the rules because other people did it too” 

• Fuck You 2

It was a beating for the first month hearing every announcing team give their "take" on the scandal, none of which were particularly original or revealing.  Otherwise, IDGAF how anyone necessarily feels how they were treated.  That's all water under the dam, now.

It occurred to me this morning that this playoff run is going to be even more important than folks will like to admit, with regard to the Astros' alleged advantages.

Not one playoff win will take place within the confines and spectacular acoustics of Minute Maid Park.

STFU and play baseball.  The rest will work itself out.

9 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, like we said earlier in the thread & some want to pretend isn't the case ... this kind of cheating has been around for over 100 years. Love it, hate it, or dgaf, but pretending it's just the Astros doing it & vilifying them for it just exposes the naïve, simplistic idiots out there.

Yeah baseball is a corrupt and dirty sport.

If you aint cheating you aint trying. Good on the Astros.

2 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Yeah baseball is a corrupt and dirty sport.

If you aint cheating you aint trying. Good on the Astros.

Eh, in every single sport if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.  I don't think baseball is unique in this regard.  Bill Bellicheck looks for every edge.  The NBA has officiating that verges on WWE sometimes.  Everyone looks for an edge everywhere they can.  Too much pride, fame, money at hand not to think every stone is getting turned over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Eh, in every single sport if you aren't cheating you aren't trying.  I don't think baseball is unique in this regard.  Bill Bellicheck looks for every edge.  The NBA has officiating that verges on WWE sometimes.  Everyone looks for an edge everywhere they can.  Too much pride, fame, money at hand not to think every stone is getting turned over. 

Could you imagine what kind of record Bill Bellicheck would have if he could somehow listen in on the opposing offensive coordinators headset and he knew exactly what was coming from the opposing offense. Man...I can’t even imagine what that would be like.

Sarcastic Jim Carrey GIF

Edited by youdunnf'dup

4 hours ago, slorch said:

It was a beating for the first month hearing every announcing team give their "take" on the scandal, none of which were particularly original or revealing.  Otherwise, IDGAF how anyone necessarily feels how they were treated.  That's all water under the dam, now.

It occurred to me this morning that this playoff run is going to be even more important than folks will like to admit, with regard to the Astros' alleged advantages.

Not one playoff win will take place within the confines and spectacular acoustics of Minute Maid Park.

STFU and play baseball.  The rest will work itself out.

Maybe I’m just not able to put myself in your shoes, but I really don’t understand why it’s a beating. You kept your title. That’s literally all that matters. Who cares what anyone says. Who cares what I say, especially when you know exactly what I’m doing lol. The fact that this page is 18 pages long really confirms what you are saying though. I know I’ve posted a lot in this thread, but definitely not 18 pages worth of shit lol

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Could you imagine what kind of record Bill Bellicheck would have if he could somehow listen in on the opposing offensive coordinators headset and his play calls. Man...I can’t even imagine what that would be like.

Sarcastic Jim Carrey GIF

Dude, everyone is doing the same basic shit as the Astros and has been for 100+ years. 
Beltran fucking brought over the system from the yankees and the eleventy billion other teams he played for. The Red Sox were using watches. The 1930’s saw guys in apartment complexes with telescopes and road flags.  This is SOP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Maybe I’m just not able to put myself in your shoes, but I really don’t understand why it’s a beating. You kept your title. That’s literally all that matters. Who cares what anyone says. Who cares what I say, especially when you know exactly what I’m doing lol. The fact that this page is 18 pages long really confirms what you are saying though. I know I’ve posted a lot in this thread, but definitely not 18 pages worth of shit lol

The first month or so...the same fucking story every fucking game, and it's slanted/ biased as fuck while you also know there are details related to other teams being deliberately omitted.

IDGAF if Dodgerfan or Aaron Judge feel cheated.  Tell the whole fucking story...  Stop fucking crying, already.

Looks like the hate is fueling the Astros just in time, after a less than stellar regular season.   I'm cool with that too.

Edited by slorch

37 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude, everyone is doing the same basic shit as the Astros and has been for 100+ years. 
Beltran fucking brought over the system from the yankees and the eleventy billion other teams he played for. The Red Sox were using watches. The 1930’s saw guys in apartment complexes with telescopes and road flags.  This is SOP

I can’t tell if you’re actually trying to convince me and still don’t get that I’m just fucking with y’all, or if you just felt like getting that off your chest. Your team didn’t hit that well this year compared to previous years. Was that because of other favors, probably. Could it be because you didn’t know what was coming as much, possibly. But because you got caught cheating, and it turned into a national story, I can always do this. I can always throw in these “I don’t know...but maybe” pot shots. Just fucking take it for what it is and lean into it a little more and stop being so defensive about your team.

You probably really think that I think Dusty Baker should be manager of the year, don’t you.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

29 minutes ago, slorch said:

The first month or so...the same fucking story every fucking game, and it's slanted/ biased as fuck while you also know there are details related to other teams being deliberately omitted.

IDGAF if Dodgerfan or Aaron Judge feel cheated.  Tell the whole fucking story...  Stop fucking crying, already.

Looks like the hate is fueling the Astros just in time, after a less than stellar regular season.   I'm cool with that too.

The Patriots have been called cheaters for 15 years. I’ve yet to see one “what are they gonna say about us now” corny ass commercial after winning the divisional round of the nfl playoffs lol. I wonder why that is...

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep, here's a great SI article that tells the truth about sign stealing in MLB ... yes, using technology even as far back as 1899. It also details how MLB did fuck all about it for 120 years before making the Astros out as "the cheaters". 

It's long, but a good read even just from a fan or baseball historian perspective. The author lists 24 documented cheating systems since 1899, by the Phillies, Highlanders, A's (3x), Indians (3x), Cubs (2x), Giants (2x), White Sox (4x), Yankees (2x), Red Sox, Braves, Reds, Brewers, Mets, and Astros. He notes the Red Sox fine for using technology to steal signs in 2017, but doesn't list the corresponding cheating scandal or the Yankees', or the Dodgers who were obviously doing it too .... so the Yankees and Red Sox totals above don't include those incidents.

Some people should learn a little about the game and stop being reactionary little bitches, putting their ignorance on display for the world to see.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/01/23/sign-stealing-history-astros-red-sox

Before there was Mike Fiers there were whistleblowers named Al Worthington, Bob Shaw and Jay Hook—all of them pitchers. Before there was a trash can there were curtains, buzzers, weathervanes, peach nectar cans, scorecards and mascots.

Throughout baseball history players have stolen signs through illicit means and found creative ways to signal them to hitters. It only took 120 years for someone to actually do something about it.

In the quick unfolding of the Houston scandal today it’s important to remember just how long and colorful is the “before” period. Technology changed how cheating could be accomplished, but the drive to “gain an edge” is engrained in the game.

Here are the known systematic cheating scandals—not the ones that involve picking up signs from second base or deciphering a “tell” from the pitcher, but systems that used devices from outside the field of play. I included only those scandals that were confirmed or made known by formal complaint, which excludes the many others in which teams were suspected of stealing signs.

After the list is a second list of the safeguards baseball put in place to deal with such cheating. That list is much shorter.

1899-1900 Phillies

A backup catcher named Morgan Murphy watched games at Baker Bowl in an “observatory” beyond the centerfield wall, where he stole signs with binoculars. Murphy rigged an underground wire from his perch to the third-base coaching box, where Bull Childs kept his foot above a junction box that would signal the pitch by buzzing once or twice. The Reds discovered and uprooted the system after they noticed Childs was not moving his right foot—not even when that portion of the coaching box included a puddle from rain. The Phillies “explained” the wire as something left behind by a traveling circus that had played at the ballpark. The club was not disciplined.

(cont'd below)

Spoiler

Murphy also used a system in which he signaled the pitches to hitters with curtains attached to his perch’s awning. Murphy used a similar system on the road by using handkerchiefs or a rolled-up newspaper from rooftops, buildings or bleachers. On Sept. 26, 1900, the Brooklyn Superbas caught him signaling from the top floor of a flathouse beyond the centerfield fence at Washington Park in Brooklyn.

Murphy’s entire existence on the roster seemed due to his sign-stealing talents. From 1899-1901 he played in only 20 games. When the Phillies sent him to the minors in 1901, newspapers referred to him as “chief of the buzzer department.”

1909 Highlanders

Gene McCann, a former player, was stationed behind the centerfield fence and peered through a hole with binoculars. He would tip off the scoreboard operator, who would tip vertical the horizontal bar in the “H” in Highlanders for a fastball. One day in September a trainer from the Tigers surprised McCann during a game, overpowering him and seizing the binoculars.

1910-14 Athletics

Substitute outfielder Danny Murphy, armed with binoculars, stood next to a weathervane on a rooftop in Philadelphia. He spun the weathervane north for a curveball and south for a fastball. The system worked well, except for when a gust of wind spun the weathervane in another direction.

1948 Indians

Braves pitcher Johnny Sain charged the Indians with putting a spy in the scoreboard with binoculars. The man would ring a buzzer in the dugout to signal the pitch. Later reports said Cleveland pitchers Bob Feller and Bob Lemon used a telescope obtained from a World War II navy ship. They called out pitches to a groundskeeper, who signaled hitters through an opening in the scoreboard or from a seated position in the bleachers.

1948 Cubs

Gene Mauch and Peanuts Lowry of the Cubs watched a game against the Giants at the Polo Grounds in New York with binoculars from the centerfield clubhouse. When they saw a sign for a fastball they put a bright peach nectar can in the window. For a curve, they took it down.

1951 Giants

The team stole signs from its centerfield clubhouse at the Polo Grounds with the use of a sophisticated 35-millimeter Wollensak telescope. An electrician rigged the phones between the clubhouse and bullpen, which was located in fair territory in right-centerfield 440 feet from home plate. One buzz meant fastball; two buzzes meant an off-speed pitch. Third-base coach Herman Franks, a former catcher, moved to the bullpen to decode the signs (which is why manager Leo Durocher came to coach third base in the second half of the season). Sal Yvars, a backup catcher stationed in the bullpen, would hold a baseball to signal fastball. To indicate an off-speed pitch he would toss the ball in the air.

Word about the system first surfaced in a report from an anonymous player in 1962.

1954-56 White Sox

Manager Marty Marion said he put a coach, Del Wilber, in the centerfield scoreboard with binoculars. He said Wilber relayed the sign for a fastball to the hitter by moving the “10” in the scoreboard next to Sherm Lollar’s name. Orioles manager Paul Richards said in 1956, “They did it last year and they’re doing it now through a high-powered telescope through a little hole in the scoreboard.”

1955 Athletics

The A’s used a surveyor’s telescope to steal signs from their bullpen. When an off-speed pitch was called, an A’s reliever would place a towel on the bullpen ledge. No towel signaled a fastball to the hitter.

1959 Yankees and Red Sox

The first charge that teams used TV cameras to steal signs derived from a Yankees-Red Sox game (what else?). It was the eighth NBC telecast using the newly installed centerfield camera. Because of the controversy, and at the request of commissioner Ford Frick, NBC said it would discontinue use of the centerfield camera.

1959 Giants

The Giants used a spy in the scoreboard to steal signs. Giants pitcher Al Worthington, a deeply religious man, told manager Bill Rigney he could not abide such cheating and asked for a trade. The Giants traded him to the White Sox.

1960 White Sox

Worthington quit his next team because that team was cheating, too. He quit in August because the White Sox stole signs from the centerfield scoreboard at Comiskey Park.

Pitcher Bob Shaw, after being traded by the White Sox to the Athletics in 1961, described the scheme: "They used a tube with a light in it, and somebody would sit in the scoreboard … If the light went on it was a fastball, if it didn’t it was a curve."

1960 Braves

Two Braves starting pitchers, Joey Jay and Bob Buhl, were discovered sitting in the bleachers at Wrigley Field and waving white scorecards to hitters to tell them what pitch was coming.

1961 Reds

According to Cincinnati pitcher Jay Hook, his team put a scout, a former pitcher named Brooks Lawrence, in the centerfield scoreboard at Crosley Field to steal signs and relay them to the dugout via telephone. Hook made his comments after joining the Mets in 1962.

Presaging Fiers, Hook said then, “I didn’t say anything about it, but now I’m on the Mets and I want to protect the Mets against that sort of thing. I think it’s wrong.

“The commissioner [Ford Frick] should see that a ruling is put in against it, and enforce it. A $10,000 fine would be a good idea.”

1961 Cubs

Braves manager Birdie Tebbetts filed a protest, accusing the Cubs of using binoculars from the bleachers and scoreboard at Wrigley Field. After the Braves traded for pitcher Jack Curtis from the Cubs, Curtis “confirmed the charges,” Tebbetts said.

Said Mets coach Solly Hemus then about rampant sign-stealing, “That’s the main reason games take so long to play these days. Switching signs, and conferences between catcher and pitcher add 20 minutes to a game.”

1971 Indians

White Sox manager Chuck Tanner charged the Indians stole signs from the scoreboard. He told reporters the White Sox “are not going to play in the Cleveland ballpark again until either the commissioner or American League president takes a look at that scoreboard.”

1973 Brewers

Rangers manager Whitey Herzog accused Bernie Brewer, the Milwaukee Brewers mascot, of partaking in a sign stealing scheme from his chalet in the outfield. According to Herzog, a man next to Bernie Brewer stole signs with binoculars. Bernie Brewer, dressed in Bavarian garb, would signal a breaking pitch to the batter by clapping furiously with his white gloves. He took off the gloves when the Rangers batted. Herzog complained to umpire Tom Haller, who chased away the man with binoculars and told Bernie Brewer to keep his gloves off.

In thinking about creating a similar home-field advantage in Texas, Herzog said, “Maybe we should put a Texas Ranger or somebody out there and shoot a gun or something when a curveball is coming.”

1976 Athletics

Herzog, then manager of the Royals, complained the A’s were stealing signs from their bullpen with the help of binoculars. Herzog led the umpiring crew out to the bullpen, where they found binoculars under a towel.

1976 Yankees

Manfred found in his research that this incident stood as the most recent penalty related to sign-stealing—though not directly.

Yankees scout Clyde King served as the team’s “eye in the sky” to position defenders during the postseason. King communicated with coach Gene Michael in the dugout via walkie-talkies. Manager Billy Martin claimed the commissioner’s office approved the system, but the Reds protested during World Series Game 1 when King and two other New York scouts, Tebbetts and Karl Kuehl, set up their operation in a CBS radio booth equipped with a TV monitor—not in the stands.

The Reds publicity director, Jim Ferguson, told them the commissioner wanted them to stop for fear they were stealing the signals of catcher Johnny Bench off the monitor and relaying them to the dugout. He ejected them from the booth.

After the game the commissioner’s office said Martin “did not precisely follow instructions,” which called for King to use a seat in the upper deck.

“We didn’t use the walkie-talkies for anything else but what we got permission to use them for,” an incensed Martin said after Game 1. “Whoever said anything else is a plain liar.”

Kuhn fined Martin $1,000—not for stealing signs, but for his comments.

1980s White Sox

The White Sox placed a 25-watt refrigerator bulb in the scoreboard at Comiskey Park. A White Sox staffer would sit in the manager’s office, watch the TV broadcast and signal pitches with a toggle switch connected to the light.

1990 White Sox

The Orioles filed a complaint that Joe Nossek, the White Sox’s “eye in the sky” used to position defenders, sat facing their dugout and accused him of stealing signs. The claim led to a rule against such surveillance.

1997 Mets

The Philadelphia Phillies complained to the league office that the Mets were using video cameras trained on opposing third-base coaches, pitchers and dugouts to steal signs. The league told the Mets to be sure the cameras were trained only on batters and pitchers.

1999 Indians

Red Sox manager Jimy Williams presented evidence to umpire Tim Welke that the Indians used a camera atop the centerfield wall to steal signs. Welke ordered the Indians to cover the camera. (The Red Sox claimed the signs were transmitted to the hitter by whistling from the dugout.) Cleveland said the camera was used to evaluate player performance.

It was not the first time Boston accused the Indians of cheating. In the 1995 ALDS, Boston manager Kevin Kennedy made the same accusation regarding the camera that Williams did.

2010 Phillies

The Rockies accused the Phillies of stealing signs after Philadelphia bullpen coach Mick Billmeyer was shown on camera using binoculars when the Rockies were batting. The Phillies denied the binoculars were used to steal signs.

2017-18 Astros

Houston stole signs with multiple systems, all based off video replay monitors and its video room. Players, Cora (then the bench coach) and support personnel all played active roles. The Astros alerted hitters to what was coming by banging on a trash can with a bat or massage gun, or by whistling, clapping or shouting.

MLB Responses to Cheating
Until last week, no known punishment existed that related directly to stealing signs. Here are the few instances when MLB actually took an official position against such behavior.

American League president Ban Johnson offered a $500 reward for any player who presented evidence regarding sign stealing. He threatened to “blacklist forever” any player proven to have stolen signs.

Responding to a wave of sign-stealing reports, National League president Warren Giles instituted the first official rule against stealing signs with devices. He warned that teams would be subject to forfeiting any wins gained using such a device.

MLB executive Sandy Alderson sent a memo to all clubs that warned, “No club shall use electronic equipment, including walkie-talkies and cellular telephones, to communicate to or with any on-field personnel, including those in the dugout, bullpen field and—during the game—the clubhouse. Such equipment may not be used for the purpose of stealing signs or conveying information designed to give a club an advantage.”

In fining the Boston Red Sox for misusing technology to steal signs, Manfred on Sept. 15 issued a reminder of the 2000 regulations against such cheating. He added a warning about future penalties: “All 30 clubs have been notified that future violations of this type will be subject to more serious sanctions, including the possible loss of draft picks.”

On March 27, Manfred doubled down on his warning about the misuse of technology. In a three-page memo to club officials, he wrote: “Electronic equipment, including game feeds in the club replay room and/or video room, may never be used during a game for the purpose of stealing the opposing team’s signs.”

In the same paragraph, the memo stated in boldface type, “To be clear, the use of any equipment in the clubhouse or in the club’s replay or video rooms to decode opposing club’s signs during the game violates this regulation.”

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I can’t tell if you’re actually trying to convince me and still don’t get that I’m just fucking with y’all, or if you just felt like getting that off your chest. Your team didn’t hit that well this year compared to previous years. Was that because of other favors, probably. Could it be because you didn’t know what was coming as much, possibly. But because you got caught cheating, and it turned into a national story, I can always do this. I can always throw in these “I don’t know...but maybe” pot shots. Just fucking take it for what it is and lean into it a little more and stop being so defensive about your team.

You probably really think that I think Dusty Baker should be manager of the year, don’t you.

Dusty is terribad as a manager.  I'm a rationalist as it pertains to sports- which means I don't believe in fables, who wants it the most, or gut instinct.  We quantify what we can, and then do the best we can and release it to the universe to deal out whatever luck or randomness or clutchiwinnerness comes back and decides an outcome.  So, I'm not "defensive" about my team.  I'm like- ok- lets quantify this shit and put it in perspective with what everyone else does.  I wasn't jumping up and down and hooting and hollering over any of the Belicheckian scandals, or deflate gate or anything else like that. 

My line- on where cheating gets real- is actionable law breaking- like the Cards guy that got sent to prison. If it rises to the level of industrial espionage in a prosecutable way then that's obviously too far, and needs to be reigned back in and dealt with. If it's anything less than that and it's merely a "norm" or code of conduct as laid out by the league I'm going to (in all likelihood rightly) assume that everyone in the league is going to do whatever they can to get over without getting caught- b/c big boys, playing for big money and big prestige.  

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep, here's a great SI article that tells the truth about sign stealing in MLB ... yes, using technology even as far back as 1899. It also details how MLB did fuck all about it for 120 years before making the Astros out as "the cheaters". 

It's long, but a good read even just from a fan or baseball historian perspective. The author lists 24 documented cheating systems since 1899, by the Phillies, Highlanders, A's (3x), Indians (3x), Cubs (2x), Giants (2x), White Sox (4x), Yankees (2x), Red Sox, Braves, Reds, Brewers, Mets, and Astros. He notes the Red Sox fine for using technology to steal signs in 2017, but doesn't list the corresponding cheating scandal or the Yankees', or the Dodgers who were obviously doing it too .... so the Yankees and Red Sox totals above don't include those incidents.

Some people should learn a little about the game and stop being reactionary little bitches, putting their ignorance on display for the world to see.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/01/23/sign-stealing-history-astros-red-sox

Indeed. Anyone who doesn't understand this- thinks the Astros did something uniquely and morally reprehensible- or in anyway is surprised by this happening since the beginning of fucking baseball- is a clown, a dolt, a child, or the most naive and least credulous sap to walk the face of the earth. Or a troll.  I respect the art of the troll. The rest?  Get fucked for being a moron. Unless you are a kid. In which case it's ok to believe in Santa Claus and that highly competitive highly paid people whose job hinges on a 2% advantage wouldn't do whatever they can to tilt that to them.  As long as you haven't turned 6 yet.  If you've turned 6 then let uncle Wulaw tell you about human nature, Santa Claus isn't real, and how a baby is made. Maybe with a side of what happens during a menstral cycle. Because that's when my kids get all those talks around the house.  Except maybe the baby. She's 5. I might wait until she's 7 before I explain why mommy and sister are bleeding and why I'm not going to put down a GD fiver every time she loses a tooth from now through the end of time. Merry Fucking Christmas Whit Whit- Santa isn't real.  Don't go telling the bedwetters and idiots in your class in 1st grade b/c that would be uncool, but we are sick of pretending for you.  Welcome to life. It's a grind every day from now until you retire.  
My eldest cried when she got that talk.  My son told me he always suspected that was the case.  The last one will probably nod and decide she is going to eat the face off of anyone that stands in the way of her getting what she wants.  She is awesome. And scary. And a sight to behold.  As my FIL used to say "I pity the poor son of a bitch who marries (that) daughter of mine"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Why do you guys keep engaging this fuckstick?

He thinks he’s going to somehow prove to this little corner of the internet world - with his facile arguments- that the Astros’ Championship was illegitimate and that cheating was the only reason that they had success.  

Every Correa and Springer bomb in these playoffs just highlights what a dipshit that he is. 

Ignore gnats such as that. Hate should be focused on fans of the teams that the Astros will face and dominate In this postseason. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Focht Up said:

This article made me smile.  Los Angeles still crying a river, three years later.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2020-10-05/column-astros-dodger-stadium-hernandez

That article is awesome.  Even aggy fans couldn't write something that bitter and whiny.   Dodger fans have out-aggied aggy.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Victor Lazlo said:

Why do you guys keep engaging this fuckstick?

He thinks he’s going to somehow prove to this little corner of the internet world - with his facile arguments- that the Astros’ Championship was illegitimate and that cheating was the only reason that they had success.  

Every Correa and Springer bomb in these playoffs just highlights what a dipshit that he is. 

Ignore gnats such as that. Hate should be focused on fans of the teams that the Astros will face and dominate In this postseason. 

Lol. Try going out of your Astros bubble sometime. Everyone fucking hates the Astros and knows their title is bullshit. Instagram, Twitter, youtube, everyone on there mocks the Stros. You guys played the Twins the first round, who’ve quite literally lost every one of their last 18 playoff games & are never a legit threat to compete. Now you’re playing a division rival, so of course anything can happen in that kind of series. Luck runs out next round when you have to face the Yankees or the Rays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. Try going out of your Astros bubble sometime. Everyone fucking hates the Astros and knows their title is bullshit. Instagram, Twitter, youtube, everyone on there mocks the Stros. You guys played the Twins the first round, who’ve quite literally lost every one of their last 18 playoff games & are never a legit threat to compete. Now you’re playing a division rival, so of course anything can happen in that kind of series. Luck runs out next round when you have to face the Yankees or the Rays. 

Feeling much better now about our chances the rest of the way. 

You're too stupid to realize that you are to the Yankmes what Branding Iron is to aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

Yeah, no one who is an Astros fan gives a shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbaround said:

This right here.  The haters can say all they want but no is going to take away all the joy we had celebrating series wins over the Sox, Yankees, and Dodgers that year.

Yep. And really, watching the Dodger and Yankee fanbases cry so much about it has become an added bonus. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Fuck Bill James. Definition of an irrelevant fucktard that thinks he matters. His whole thesis that every player is as replaceable as a beer hawker was so logically flawed I thought a child thought of it. His defense of the child sex abuse culture at Penn State was reprehensible & so was his defense of Kevin Spacey. No idea why anyone listens to that idiot.

Edited by Helobious

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Fuck Bill James. Definition of an irrelevant fucktard that thinks he matters. His whole thesis that every player is as replaceable as a beer hawker was so logically flawed I thought a child thought of it. His defense of the child sex abuse culture at Penn State was reprehensible & so was his defense of Kevin Spacey. No idea why anyone listens to that idiot.

I mean, come on dude. How can you not trust the opinion of a guy who felt like Joe Pa did nothing wrong and it’s unfair how he’s being treated?! Seems like a perfectly reasonable opinion to me...

I don’t think he really believed that when he said it. I think he wanted to throw out a hot take for attention just to get people to engage with him. Kinda like he was doing with his “everyone is being mean to the Astros and I don’t like it” tweet. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup