2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

1 hour ago, Focht Up said:

Yet another one.  The Astros are obviously still cheating!

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-10-09-its-obvious-the-astros-are-still-cheating/

As an objective, unbiased fan, I think he makes some solid points. I dunno. He seems like a pretty smart baseball mind who knows what he’s talking about. I’m sure he’s being objective as well. 

I like how that’s all you guys are responding with haha. It’s as if you know you haven’t played real competition yet and this is your first series where you play a real team. I get it. I’d probably do the same. Spoiler alert. I’ve never shed a tear over a baseball game. I don’t care about the sport enough. I just know that you guys care about what other people think about your team more than any team in the history of sports. It’s adorable 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well there’s only one real playoff team left in the AL...

they’re the only ones they would’ve made it under a format where they aren’t catering to the cheating teams. But the rays have been playing baseball without cheating for a while now so this is honestly yalls first real test. The other two rounds were bye weeks. The Yankees didn’t have the luxury of having an ALDS bye week.

LMFAO. The fuck outta here with that weak-ass shit.

7 minutes ago, wood said:

LMFAO. The fuck outta here with that weak-ass shit.

Am I wrong though? It’s two teams that beat themselves mentally every time they step foot in the playoffs. It’s been happening for my entire life of watching baseball. The rays are first team y’all have faced in the post season that have even an ounce of fight. That cannot even be disputed. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

20 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Am I wrong though? It’s two teams that beat themselves mentally every time they step foot in the playoffs. It’s been happening for my entire life of watching baseball. The rays are first team y’all have faced in the post season that have even an ounce of fight. That cannot even be disputed. 

As much practice as you've put into trolling this thread, you should be better at it by now.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Yes. 

Minnesota has lost 18 playoff games in a row. Oakland had a 9 game losing in winner take all games to win a series. They still haven’t won a playoff series in my lifetime even though they’ve been plenty of times. I’m not wrong. Those teams barely even have a pulse when they reach the postseason. When they reach the postseason, they have the fight of a tom herman coached team.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

As much practice as you've put into trolling this thread, you should be better at it by now.

That was honestly not even me trolling. That was me stating something I feel like is a borderline fact. The history backs it up. I was halfway kidding with the original take but not with the one you quoted. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That was honestly not even me trolling. That was me stating something I feel like is a borderline fact. The history backs it up. I was halfway kidding with the original take but not with the one you quoted. 

I was referring to most of your posts on this thread. Just quoted the last one because this is Surly, and I'm lazy and pissed off after the game.

6 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I was referring to most of your posts on this thread. Just quoted the last one because this is Surly, and I'm lazy and pissed off after the game.

I hear you. I guess I’ll come back and say for as much as y’all use the stupid crying memes, right now is the appropriate time. That game was a real kick to the dick 

21 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Minnesota has lost 18 playoff games in a row. Oakland had a 9 game losing in winner take all games to win a series. They still haven’t won a playoff series in my lifetime even though they’ve been plenty of times. I’m not wrong. Those teams barely even have a pulse when they reach the postseason. When they reach the postseason, they have the fight of a tom herman coached team.

LMAO. You couldn't even get through that post without saying something demonstrably stupid and wrong ... unless you're 14, that is. Are you 14, or are you just fucking stupid. Which is it?

7 minutes ago, wood said:

LMAO. You couldn't even get through that post without saying something demonstrably stupid and wrong ... unless you're 14, that is. Are you 14, or are you just fucking stupid. Which is it?

My sincere apologies. It seems like I struck a nerve. I forgot about the playoff series that happened a mere 14 years ago. It’s almost like it was yesterday, how could I forget. It was half my life ago. I’m probably not as old as you. They’re widely regarded as playoff chokers. Even their own fan base would say that. But go ahead, dance around my main point. You have your first real challenge this round. The last two rounds could’ve been won by the Marlins. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My sincere apologies. It seems like I struck a nerve. I forgot about the playoff series that happened a mere 14 years ago. It’s almost like it was yesterday, how could I forget. They’re widely regarded as playoff chokers. Even their own fan base would say that. But go ahead, dance around my main point. You have your first real challenge this round. The last two rounds could’ve been won by the Marlins. 

LMAO ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

LMAO ...

It just seemed like a bit of an over reaction but maybe you’re the high strung type. A simple “actually you’re wrong” would suffice. No need for the name calling. And you know I’m absolutely right about the entire league (those teams included) know that the twins and the A’s choke in the postseason. I think any reasonable fan that knows both teams playoff history would expect any major league team to beat them in a playoff series. You guys got a nice draw, but you beat the teams put in front of you. Did what you were supposed to do. Time for the first real challenge. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t think that’s exactly a hot take. I think it’s the overwhelming opinion of most baseball fans. But we’re probably all just haters. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well there’s only one real playoff team left in the AL...

they’re the only ones they would’ve made it under a format where they aren’t catering to the cheating teams. But the rays have been playing baseball without cheating for a while now so this is honestly yalls first real test. The other two rounds were bye weeks. The Yankees didn’t have the luxury of having an ALDS bye week.

Nice of you to retroactively award us the 2019 WS championship since the team that beat us was sub .500 in their first 60 games. 

jurassic park deal with it GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Hey, hey, I’m a baseball purist and encyclopedist that can’t stand the fact that the Astros invented cheating in MLB, yet I somehow didn’t know the A’s won a playoff series during my lifetime. 

So sue me. That doesn’t invalidate the fact that I really hate the Astros and want to denigrate every victory that they pile up. 

It’s just not fair. Boo hoo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lurked in the Astros thread some to drink the tears. Those lifelong “fans” are asking things like if contracts are insured and if the MLB has revenue sharing. 

But I’m the one that doesn’t know shit about baseball.

I think the funniest part is they laughed at y’all for losing in 5 to the rays, when the reality is they faced two teams that were waiting to roll over and die. Had they faced the rays last round like y’all did, we would be seeing brooms right now. 

47 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lurked in the Astros thread some to drink the tears. Those lifelong “fans” are asking things like if contracts are insured and if the MLB has revenue sharing. 

But I’m the one that doesn’t know shit about baseball.

You clearly don't know shit about baseball when you make an absurd claim that a lifetime .311/.361/.458 hitter with 10 seasons in MLB, greater than 5600 PA over 1291 games has achieved that as a function of a short-term sign-stealing scheme that he didn't even utilize as demonstrated by Tony Adams website (http://signstealingscandal.com/) and supported by the testimony of his teammates. But even if you believe he participated in it, you have to be a gigantic fucking idiot or willfully dishonest to dismiss Altuve's career body of work across both the minor leagues and major league baseball as a function of cheating. A player can only achieve those numbers in such a gigantic sample size by being really fucking good at the game of baseball.  

So which one are you? A dumbass or a liar?

• Hook 'Em 5

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

As a Rangers fan, I remember for the very short period of time (2016) when Odor was considered the better player than Altuve. Lmao, Good times those were. Odor is a pile of shit now.

No he wasn't, only by a few Rangers fans on this board. In fact, I distinctly remember the collective HAHA pointing/laughing memes directed at y'all from everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

As a Rangers fan, I remember for the very short period of time (2016) when Odor was considered the better player than Altuve. Lmao, Good times those were. Odor is a pile of shit now.

I think most were smart enough to understand that odor never walks and people were foolish enough to throw him first pitch fastballs over and over 

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

No he wasn't, only by a few Rangers fans on this board. In fact, I distinctly remember the collective HAHA pointing/laughing memes directed at y'all from everyone else.

You are right. I went back and looked at their 2016 stats to compare and Altuve was better at everything other than HRs. Not sure why that was the sentiment. I guess Rangers fans got caught up in the moment and the shit talking, especially after he punched Batista. Rangers were very good that season.

Their careers could not be any more different since then. Odor is terrible ans most fans now want him replaced. But we paid him a lot of money extending him so I know the front office will hold out as long as they can to keep him on the field.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

You are right. I went back and looked at their 2016 stats to compare and Altuve was better at everything other than HRs. Not sure why that was the sentiment. I guess Rangers fans got caught up in the moment and the shit talking, especially after he punched Batista. Rangers were very good that season.

Their careers could not be any more different since then. Odor is terrible ans most fans now want him replaced. But we paid him a lot of money extending him so I know the front office will hold out as long as they can to keep him on the field.

Because people overvalue home runs.  IMO, Altuve's decision to become a power hitter worked for a couple of years, but has become detrimental. He was a great contact hitter before 2016.   In 2016, he managed to be good at both. Now he is a warning track hitter. He needs to go have a talk with Ichiro. 

But I think in 2019, and especially 2020, you saw that across the Astros lineup. Either they hit a HR or they dont score at all.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Because people overvalue home runs.  IMO, Altuve's decision to become a power hitter worked for a couple of years, but has become detrimental. He was a great contact hitter before 2016.   In 2016, he managed to be good at both. Now he is a warning track hitter. He needs to go have a talk with Ichiro. 

But I think in 2019, and especially 2020, you saw that across the Astros lineup. Either they hit a HR or they dont score at all.  

The Astros have literally been the best contact offense in baseball in 2020.  The problem for them is being the best at making contact means fuck all.

Edited by HillaryFan420

3 hours ago, HillaryFan420 said:

The Astros have literally been the best contact offense in baseball in 2020.  The problem for them is being the best at making contact means fuck all.

Sure. My point is that they are all power hitters now. They hit a lot of hard hit outs directly where the other team expects them to hit hard hit outs.  They hit the warning track a lot too.  We have been through almost 2 years of this "hard hit outs" thing now. At some point, we should figure out that it isn't just bad luck. The other team was exactly where they needed to be because their analytics team told them to stand there.  So the Astros need to learn how to hit less predictably.  

The offense also wasn't "back" when the Astros outslugged the Twins.  It hit 12 home runs. It was the same "hard hit" offense.  Sometimes they hit it out. 

Go look at Ichiro's spray chart. He used the whole field. If he played now, there would never be a shift on for him. He would destroy it. To be fair to Altuve though, he does see fewer shifts than other Astros, but he still doesn't use the whole field as much as he used to.  And he needs to quit swinging for the fences so much.  Bregman too. We need more of Altuve hitting a single down the first base line, and less of Altuve popping out hard to the left field warning track. And the fact that they are capable of putting the bat on the ball better than most means they should be able to follow Ichiros footsteps if they want to. 

Edited by FondrenRoad