2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

17 minutes ago, VivaNaranja said:

But he had errors in the last two games.  That's what happens when you aren't stealing signs.  Or something.

Look. Correa was right. Altuve didn't use the trashcan to hit. He used it to field. Bang once, double play. Bang twice. Get one out at first. No bangs. Throw the ball away and let everyone advance. 

Still cheating though. He needs to hear the trashcan bangs in order to know where to throw. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lurked in the Astros thread some to drink the tears. Those lifelong “fans” are asking things like if contracts are insured and if the MLB has revenue sharing. 

But I’m the one that doesn’t know shit about baseball.

Hey smart guy that was me asking if the contract was insured and there’s a reason for that- not every baseball contract is insured. Most aren’t in fact. It’s completely at the owners prerogative and it’s done on a case by case basis you silly head. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
Name calling.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

You guys are hilarious. Congrats on back dooring your way to the ALCS. It’s obvious the 2 best AL teams played in San Diego in the ALDS already. Although I hate the Rays it will be awesome to see them send your sorry cheating asses back home tomorrow. 

Sorry your 300 million dollar team couldn't get it done this year. Maybe if you spend another 100 million next year, you might win. 

And who doesn't like the Rays?  They're a team. Home grown mostly.  You hate the Astros but they're a team too. Also mostly home grown. Are the Yankees a team?  Stanton has been there for two or three years, still not a Yankee. Cole has been there one year. Is he a Yankee?

The farm matters. You can't just buy championships. Ask Jeter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

You guys are hilarious. Congrats on back dooring your way to the ALCS. It’s obvious the 2 best AL teams played in San Diego in the ALDS already. Although I hate the Rays it will be awesome to see them send your sorry cheating asses back home tomorrow. 

Hey Mr. Student of the Game. You do realize that the Yankees “backed doored” into the playoffs as well? Without playoff expansion, they’d have been sitting home as well  

also, this is a good listen for those who believe that the Astros invented creative sign stealing. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-edge-houston-astros/id1531522658#episodeGuid=770624b4-04e0-11eb-9db7-6352f01880e9

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Sorry your 300 million dollar team couldn't get it done this year. Maybe if you spend another 100 million next year, you might win. 

And who doesn't like the Rays?  They're a team. Home grown mostly.  You hate the Astros but they're a team too. Also mostly home grown. Are the Yankees a team?  Stanton has been there for two or three years, still not a Yankee. Cole has been there one year. Is he a Yankee?

The farm matters. You can't just buy championships. Ask Jeter. 

One of the most tired & inaccurate myths in baseball. News flash: The Yankees are mostly homegrown as well. Just as they were during their 90s title run.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

One of the most tired & inaccurate myths in baseball. News flash: The Yankees are mostly homegrown as well. Just as they were during their 90s title run.

Is it a myth?  Less than half of the Yankee roster is "homegrown."  Houston, on the other hand has 23 Homies.

Homegrown 17
Free Agent 8
Trade 15
Waivers 0
Rule 5 0
40 Man Total 40
On 40-Man Roster
USA 24
Dominican Republic 8
Venezuela 3
Colombia 1
Nicaragua 1
Mexico 1
Japan 1
Cuba 1

https://www.fangraphs.com/roster-resource/depth-charts/yankees

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You forget to mention that the Yankees have more homegrown players than the Rays do? It’s not really close either.

So you were patently incorrect in your assertion on the Yankee roster, so now deflect to the Rays... in an Astros hate thread.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Out of the top 10 highest salaries on the Yankees roster, 2 were homegrown. Tanaka and Gardner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Out of the top 10 highest salaries on the Yankees roster, 2 were homegrown. Tanaka and Gardner. 

When I think homegrown- I think Japanese export pitcher who came over as a fully formed professional- developed by someone else with years of major league experience- at like 26 years old. For sure. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

When I think homegrown- I think Japanese export pitcher who came over as a fully formed professional- developed by someone else with years of major league experience- at like 26 years old. For sure. 

Very good point. I was simply listing players who played their entire MLB career with the Yankees. I’d like to amend my earlier statement. Only  one of the Yankees top 10 salaried players were homegrown. Gardner. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What an astoundingly stupid way to measure homegrown-ness. By definition a homegrown player is under team control for a long ass time. Judge, Sanchez, Sevy, Garcia, Frazier, Torres, Monty, Higgy, Andujar all yet to hit free agency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

What an astoundingly stupid way to measure homegrown-ness. By definition a homegrown player is under team control for a long ass time. Judge, Sanchez, Sevy, Garcia, Frazier, Torres, Monty, Higgy, Andujar all yet to hit free agency. 

17 out of 40.

STFU with this argument. Stop trying to Yankee our hate thread.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Hey- did you figure out al baseball contracts aren’t insured yet?  Or will that be another thing where you show your ass and then refuse to admit you were completely factually wrong?  

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

What is astoundingly stupid is using homegrown-ness to attempt to refute  the fact that the Yankees try to spend their way to championships. We’re talking money not bodies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

And who doesn't like the Rays?  They're a team. Home grown mostly.

Factually incorrect. 13 out of their 40 players are homegrown. I’ll give you a pass since they’re in our division and not yours, but everyone knows the Rays never have a strong farm system & that’s not how they build their team. They’re strength is finding cheap reclamation projects and creating favorable matchups through platooning & shifting a lot.

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What is astoundingly stupid is using homegrown-ness to attempt to refute  the fact that the Yankees try to spend their way to championships. We’re talking money not bodies. 

You say that like the Astros don’t have the 4th highest payroll in baseball.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You say that like the Astros don’t have the 4th highest payroll in baseball.

and NYY's is still 29% higher...

You're not helping your cause. Enjoy the golf today.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

and NYY's is still 29% higher...

You're not helping your cause. Enjoy the golf today.

Lol. What are you going to take the field with the Astros? You’re watching from the couch or playing golf same as me today. And after today the Astros can join you out on the links.

Lol. What are you going to take the field with the Astros? You’re watching from the couch or playing golf same as me today. And after today the Astros can join you out on the links.

Making shit up in posts, not going away.

Every professional sports team tries to spend their way to championships. Some are just better at it than others.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Every professional sports team tries to spend their way to championships. Some are just better at it than others.

It is absolutely within the rules, for sure.  Other poster cannot accept reality about his team.  The team isn’t necessarily the bad guy in the discussion.  Said poster is uber douche while feigning objectivity.

Edited by slorch

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

I mean, it's obvious.  The .550 second place Yankees were clearly superior to the .600 division champion Twins and A's.  You can tell because a bandwagon Yankee fan said so.

And the only reason the Lakers won the NBA championship is because the Yankees didn't feel like playing basketball. 

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Hey Mr. Student of the Game. You do realize that the Yankees “backed doored” into the playoffs as well? Without playoff expansion, they’d have been sitting home as well  

also, this is a good listen for those who believe that the Astros invented creative sign stealing. 
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-edge-houston-astros/id1531522658#episodeGuid=770624b4-04e0-11eb-9db7-6352f01880e9

So ... morons?

19 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

this argument would make more sense if the spending resulted in actual championships. or world series appearances. jorge posada ain’t walking through that door. 

15 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Anyone want to take this extra bedroom I have in @Gourmand‘s head? I’m living rent free up here. Very empty & spacious as well.

Yeah sorry my Houston-raised, Htown sports for life "bandwagon fan" inferiority complex got the better of me because of the true-blooded Yankee/Lakers/Real Madrid fan from Cotulla, Texas who drinks nothing but champagne out of title trophies. 

• Hook 'Em 5