2020 Baseball Cheaters vs the World Thread of Hate

UTexasFight

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

a lot of pitchers don't like throwing to first, especially hard.  i would love to see people try this.  free base on hbp is good.  1st to 3rd on an error is even better.

Yep - only an idiot would advocate that this is somehow a viable strategy to punish the Astros. Throwing errors + balks = shooting yourself in the dick. 

17 minutes ago, Player said:

Yep - only an idiot would advocate that this is somehow a viable strategy to punish the Astros. Throwing errors + balks = shooting yourself in the dick. 

I mean, if Vic wants teams to plunk Astros batters and then move to them to 2nd/3rd with a throwing error or balk...

By all means!

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Kelly: Forgive me if you’ve said previously – do you think the 2017 World Series title should be vacated, and what is the primary reason why?
Keith Law: No. Revising history is absurd. The Astros won; you can’t unwrite that. And frankly I think people who whine about vacating titles are just being crybabies.

Todd: The arrogance of the Astros players, Correa and Altuve especially, is really embarassing. They both seem so out of touch with what happended or just truly dont care.
Keith Law: They don’t feel remorse. There is no guilt there, and trying to shame them isn’t going to work.

Michael: Fact or fiction.  Most teams are cheating in some way similar to the Astros and Red Sox?
Keith Law: Most, no. Many, yes.
Keith Law: I have heard, without real confirmation, that at least six teams were caught doing something. One of those teams … let’s just say I believe it, but would require evidence to say it, if that makes sense.

Tbang: Do you think Manfred does anything else about the astros or do you think he rides it out
Keith Law: What more can he do? I think his hands were partly tied by the owners, and he tangled them up completely by handing out immunity to players.

Just now, TonyTexas said:

No. It was reported this week that it would be sometime in March. 

Awesome.  More Articles about the Astros being the biggest stains on pro baseball for a few more weeks!*

*Until the Red Sox report, which will be reported as "totally normal behavior" 

14 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:
3 hours ago, Iceman said:
I don't get the hand-wringing over how bad the rest of league allegedly hates the Astros now.
What difference does that make on results on the field?
WGAF if Houston is the darling or the whipping boys of the press?

It's like your memory has been totally wiped away...

No, the question is “Are the Astros wrong not to shrink in guilt like Hester Prynne was supposed to do, or can they just show up and play baseball like everyone else?”

Question 2 bears repeating, “ Are the Astros supposed to be all concerned that their opponents are gonna try really, really harder this year?”

Edited by Iceman

That. I'll bet I could find 300 posts in the astros' 2017 thread complaining about the media not giving them respect.

Shit, read the playoff thread from last season. More complaining about the announcers being biased against the Astros than Zavala complaining about officiating in a football game thread. I will say that a decent amount of that was justified, but suggesting that no one cares about how the press treats the Astros rings as hollow as South Austin's mom's anus.

This thread just seems like a bunch of Astros fans baiting non-Astros fans into making comments about how their team cheated so that they can collectively pitchfork the haters. 

Anyway, I was thinking about how to get them to like being in the AL more. So- I thought maybe the AL should be allowed to use the designated hitter AND trash cans. While the NL would use neither. When the Cubs come to the juice box, they have to deal with juggling the lineup to deal with the DH and also find someone to run to Walmart for a trash can. Could be good. Like, a good outcome from all of this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

That. I'll bet I could find 300 posts in the astros' 2017 thread complaining about the media not giving them respect.

Shit, read the playoff thread from last season. More complaining about the announcers being biased against the Astros than Zavala complaining about officiating in a football game thread. I will say that a decent amount of that was justified, but suggesting that no one cares about how the press treats the Astros rings as hollow as South Austin's mom's anus.

I thought her anus was always pretty full.

Of dick.

Keith Law: I have heard, without real confirmation, that at least six teams were caught doing something. One of those teams … let’s just say I believe it, but would require evidence to say it, if that makes sense.

He has to be talking about the Yankees, Dodgers, or Nats.  Sounds like he wanted to go off on the hypocrisy of one of them self-righteously squawking.

15 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

so, the difference is negligible; save for the pandering to disgruntled opponents.

They can all go fuck themselves and their self-righteous horseshit.

It must really suck to finally win a championship(non-Jordan aided), and nobody gives you any credit for it. Only you, Houston
It really doesn't. We got our dicks sucked for three years. That flag will fly forever and we'll keep kicking asses in 2020 and beyond.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

It must really suck to finally win a championship(non-Jordan aided), and nobody gives you any credit for it. Only you, Houston

Jordan was back in 1995.  They lost to the same Orlando team that Houston swept.  If you're gonna talk shit, try to know what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I’ve never understood the Jordan dIdnt play so it’s not a real championship argument. I guess we should put asterisks by some of the Celtics and Lakers championships because MJ was either to young or too old. If he’d had been in his prime, his team would have beat them. 

Edited by TonyTexas

Jordan was back in 1995.  They lost to the same Orlando team that Houston swept.  If you're gonna talk shit, try to know what you're talking about.
And you should also note that jordan didnt come back until late march of 1995. It's not like he was there the previous 4 months getting his legs under him. I know, houston sleep at night type of shit.

And you should also note that jordan didnt come back until late march of 1995. It's not like he was there the previous 4 months getting his legs under him. I know, houston sleep at night type of shit.
The point is that if you think MJs Bulls so invincible to assume his team with Cartright/Perdue would automatically beat Hakeem, Horry, Mad Max and Elie just because MJ, then why didn't his magical invincibility prevent him from getting his pocket picked by Nick Anderson? You can't have it both ways.

Yea, they won the previous 3 years with full season jordan and the following 3 years. But yea on your argument. Again, sleep at night stuff. Put a jordan baseball statue in front of the Toyota center to honor the real champ and reason for the trophy.
Tell me what they did head to head against those Rockets .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

The point is that if you think MJs Bulls so invincible to assume his team with Cartright/Perdue would automatically beat Hakeem, Horry, Mad Max and Elie just because MJ, then why didn't his magical invincibility prevent him from getting his pocket picked by Nick Anderson? You can't have it both ways.

Watching Jordan throw a punch at Max in the finals would have been one of the greatest things ever.

40 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Yea, they won the previous 3 years with full season jordan and the following 3 years. But yea on your argument. Again, sleep at night stuff. Put a jordan baseball statue in front of the Toyota center to honor the real champ and reason for the trophy.

Hey, Mark.  Go fuck yourself, champ.

• Like 1