2020 Stl Cardinals thread of....who knows?

pops

8 hours ago, Capn81 said:

I am still hopeful that they will re-sign him, but I think that there will be other suitors that will pay more.

Yep. I think they are going to pay to keep waino and yadi and wong is a casualty.

I love waino and yadi, don't get me wrong, but I think it is a mistake to kick a guy like Wong to the curb just to get a victory lap for those two. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Gorman & another prospect not named Carlson or Libertore for Arenado?  Who says no?

Still trying to figure out how mo fucks this up but maybe they are actually going to pull this thing off. Very gruntled at the prospect. 

5 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Wong's letter got me in the feels.  

Yep. I watched his video on Instagram. I think not keeping him makes the cardinals worse. I know his bat was spotty at best but his D made up for it. I guess they will use edman or carp at 2nd?  Just silly not to keep a kid like that especially at 17 for 2 or whatever he got in Milwaukee. 

I think it was a numbers game.  They are pretty high on Edman.  With Wong in the infield, it basically puts Edman in the outfield, which is not the best scenario. 

I think Edman will do fine at second.  Not the glove that Wong has, but he'll do.  The advantage at the plate is that Edman is a switch hitter.  I haven't dug into the numbers, but he should be better than Wong against lefties.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to admit, I am a bit worried about the rotation.  The more I think about it, the more concerned I seem to get.  Just a ton of unknown behind Jack.  Waino may be the second best starter we have, which will not be terrible if he can replicate last year.  

On 3/2/2021 at 9:15 PM, Capn81 said:

I have to admit, I am a bit worried about the rotation.  The more I think about it, the more concerned I seem to get.  Just a ton of unknown behind Jack.  Waino may be the second best starter we have, which will not be terrible if he can replicate last year.  

Carlos was in mid-season form today.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Carlos was in mid-season form today.  

I dont understand why they keep this experiment going. He can have good stuff at times but he's one of the dumbest pitchers I've ever seen. If yadi can't guide you through an inning,  you're screwed. 

It's great they got Nolan. But pitching worries me. Bullpen seems strong especially with hicks looking like he's back,  but fuck you have a hole in the lineup is Martinez is a starter. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Win is a win but damn the bullpen was sketchy. 

Nothing makes the cards feel better about themselves than playing the reds. 

I swear to God my kids little league park had deeper fences than that cracker jack box. 

Good lord. All the offense in the world can't make up for this pitching staff. Send Martinez to Peoria or wherever the hell the single A affiliate is. He's fool's good. Just when you think he may have turned a corner he's back to being Carlos. 

4 hours ago, You don't know me said:

It's odd though.  He has 3 hits...  he also has 3 home runs.  The swing will level out a tad and he'll start getting hits and isn't all or nothing.  I think he needs to be in center every day and Bader can find a new job.

I think LF is a bigger issue than Bader.

27 minutes ago, You don't know me said:

Neither is a strength.  Neither Bader nor O'Neill have shown any improvement at the plate since they came up.

O'Neil is really struggling. And I don't think carp could get a hit off a tee.