Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don’t they have that leg bone growth surgery now? It adds 5-6 inches. 

Kyler had that surgery in sixth grade. They’re doing a lifetime movie about it.
Don’t they have that leg bone growth surgery now? It adds 5-6 inches. 

Kyler had that surgery in sixth grade. They’re doing a lifetime movie about it.

Stupid fucking move by the cardinals. But they have never made a smart move in their history so.
I mean they did draft Fitzgerald and they signed Kurt Warner. They got a Super Bowl appearance out of them and had another NFC championship (although not with Warner).

I mean they did draft Fitzgerald and they signed Kurt Warner. They got a Super Bowl appearance out of them and had another NFC championship (although not with Warner).

Warner wasn’t smart, it was luck. They thought he was the same retread they’ve always signed. He just turned out to be good.

Sort of the same with Carson Palmer.

Fitzgerald I attribute to the blind squirrel theory.

I still stand by my original point.

Warner wasn’t smart, it was luck. They thought he was the same retread they’ve always signed. He just turned out to be good.

Sort of the same with Carson Palmer.

Fitzgerald I attribute to the blind squirrel theory.

I still stand by my original point.
Pretty sure they drafted Boldin and Fitzgerald back to back seasons, though.

Blind luck or not, they put together a solid team from the end of the 2000s to the mid 2000s. Not every single year they were good but that's easily their best stretch in their history.

6 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Ok. So they’ve maybe made one or two in their 70 year history.

I’m convinced the Bidwells don’t give a singe fuck about trying to be legit competitive. Great if it happens but not a priority.

They’re still better than jerry.  Let that sink in.  Just how great was Jimmy Johnson?

Also I saw this midget in HS.  It felt like he just had that much more talent than everyone else out there - what’s crazy is that even translated to a large part in college.  Even Saban respected him from his quotes post game.  All talent and zero brains is pretty wild.  Especially when you’re 4’6’’.  No film review?!  I mean if they want you to watch 4 hrs you had to be at zero.  Legit lol.  

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34295118/kyler-murray-new-230-million-arizona-cardinals-contract-mandates-four-hours-weekly-film-study

His contract mandates four hours a week of film study. I figured an nfl qb spent at least that a day. No wonder he sucks balls. Stupid Cardinals for keeping him.

He went to aggy and OU sucks. Studying was optionally and probably not even necessary to pass classes. But yes, Coach Bro and the Cardinals are none to bright for this move.

They’re still better than jerry.  Let that sink in.

The difference is Jerry wants to win but is too stupid to see his ego is keeping him from it. Bidwells dgaf but even occasionally fall into something. Which precisely makes your point about jerrah. Stupid fucking arky.

And the answer to your other question is that Jimmy is as good as anyone who’s ever done it. Anyone.

He went to aggy and OU sucks. Studying was optionally and probably not even necessary to pass classes. But yes, Coach Bro and the Cardinals are none to bright for this move.

I believe every rookie qb coming into the league is faced with new realities of nfl requirements of the job including massive amounts of film work. After this many seasons if you’re having to put mandates in the contract four minimal film study you have an uncommitted piece of shit, and you just gave him a monstrous deal. Kingsbury has tolerated it because he runs a loose ship like it’s still Lubbock.

I think this is just a way out of the contract even guaranteed money if Kyler sucks it up this season. If he does great then he will probably continue film study if he doesn't it's probably because he didn't study film. It's pretty simple, the dude is obviously physically gifted. 

9 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

His contract mandates four hours a week of film study. I figured an nfl qb spent at least that a day. No wonder he sucks balls. Stupid Cardinals for keeping him.

I bet a lot of the modern greats (e.g., Brady, Manning, Brees) studied film a shit ton more than 4 hours a week.

I figure the negotiations on this point went something like this: 

"Look, Kyler.  It's just 4 hours.  And you can spread it out over the entire week.  30 minutes here, 15 minutes there.  And if you get over 3 hours total, we'll just round it up to 4 hours.  Will that work for you?" 

"I don't know.  I mean, yeah, I guess so.  Did you guys bring any juice boxes?"

I've assumed all along that this 4-hours-a-week study deal is a Jamarcus Russell clause. It refers to other parts for applicable punishment, which I bet includes dismissal and forfeiture. I'd bet EwoKyler has been doing this all along, and the Cards are setting themselves a trap door for him. That being so, I'd guess they have every intention of dumping the little shit just as soon as they can catch him. He's a slippery fuck.

No intent to besmirch the powers of slippery fucking.

28 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I've assumed all along that this 4-hours-a-week study deal is a Jamarcus Russell clause.

Erin Hogan was talking about that this morning, and this is exactly the case.  It's in there because of reports that Kyler was playing video games most of the week instead of putting in film study and was quoted as saying something like he doesn't need to kill himself with film study because he's one of those guys who "sees things before they happen." 

10 hours ago, tbone_ said:

The difference is Jerry wants to win but is too stupid to see his ego is keeping him from it. Bidwells dgaf but even occasionally fall into something. Which precisely makes your point about jerrah. Stupid fucking arky.

And the answer to your other question is that Jimmy is as good as anyone who’s ever done it. Anyone.

Disagree on Jerry.  He's not too stupid to realize the problem, he only wants to win as long as he gets to credit.  Otherwise he's fine being mediocre and getting rich off the Dallas fanbase.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Yep - prob as Gene said above.  Jerry only wants to win if its JERRY.  He would rather Dallas lose with Jerry steering the ship vs win with somebody else.  We know that because when Jimmy was winning everything Jerry was a butthurt bitch.  I'll take the Bidwells.  

Anyways, AZ just set a ton of money on fire.  Will be hilarious to watch.  

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 2:25 PM, tbone_ said:

Ok. So they’ve maybe made one or two in their 70 year history.

I’m convinced the Bidwells don’t give a singe fuck about trying to be legit competitive. Great if it happens but not a priority.

14 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Bidwill.

And you do realize that Bill is dead and Michael is now running the team now, no? Michael has a very different approach and is responsible for hiring Steve Keim who has made some really good roster moves. Just reference the trade with the Texans for Hopkins. 

I bet a lot of the modern greats (e.g., Brady, Manning, Brees) studied film a shit ton more than 4 hours a week.
I figure the negotiations on this point went something like this: 
"Look, Kyler.  It's just 4 hours.  And you can spread it out over the entire week.  30 minutes here, 15 minutes there.  And if you get over 3 hours total, we'll just round it up to 4 hours.  Will that work for you?" 
"I don't know.  I mean, yeah, I guess so.  Did you guys bring any juice boxes?"

Brady and Manning studied film every waking minute they weren’t in PT, squad room, practice, or driving to work. Tablets have made it a constant need to study; all the greats are film bugs.

Brady and Manning studied film every waking minute they weren’t in PT, squad room, practice, or driving to work. Tablets have made it a constant need to study; all the greats are film bugs.

I remember seeing Manning breaking down film on his own at home on some ESPN interview. I wanna say that he had a home theater with one desk in the room just for that.

ESPNU today was talking about the 4 hour clause vs other QBs. They said manning actually had his own office in the colts facility.