The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

Honestly don't care what it looks like. As the last gas sports car it's going to sell like crazy.

Yep that’s true. They’ll have 3 extra years alone in the gas V8 auto/manual market here…

Still shocked that both dodge and GM decided 2023 was the end for their V8s.

Glad I bought my wide body scat Challenger last year….

Just now, Chewbacca said:
4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:
Cracked the grille on my Audi when I hit a big tire tread on the interstate. Fuck.

Neighbor’s latest addition via Missy Elliott:

632675bd3d9074892a0e9d09694daca9.jpg

You stop by when he was doing a photo shoot? That Spyker looks cool as shit.

He asked me to but I was at baseball practice. I’ll go see it soon. I gotta see the Spyker.

I seriously don't understand the design direction of the new BMWs. I saw the new XM or whatever SUV and it has the stupid grill and the tiny headlights and it just looks fucking awful. Same with the new 7 series. I want to know who the BMW design team did product testing with that thought this new design language looked good.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, 936horn said:

https://www.porschecoloradosprings.com/vehicle-details/used-1990-porsche-singer-vehicle-design-911-classic-colorado-springs-co-id-48524940

image.jpeg.b07551ca5f04b6800468a34112f9d1e7.jpeg

Don’t see a Singer in the wild very often. I was down there the other day and drove by and saw it. Very fucking cool. They also had a 997 3RS 4.0. 

Also relevant (soon) after a bunch of bullshit back and forth my 911 should land late Oct or early nov

image.thumb.jpeg.55f1cd796d947ed08118be7da4e6cdbd.jpeg

My car is on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic and I finally got ONE production picture. Seems like people get 0-3 of them and I didn’t even get the cool one of it finishing production. Oh well. 

90BDFA4A-59FD-48AE-80DE-E54FC83113A2.jpeg

Edited by 936horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
On 10/19/2022 at 10:39 AM, 936horn said:
My car is on a boat in the middle of the Atlantic and I finally got ONE production picture. Seems like people get 0-3 of them and I didn’t even get the cool one of it finishing production. Oh well. 
90BDFA4A-59FD-48AE-80DE-E54FC83113A2.jpeg.6de4d98f298cebb8b5fd135a4c53c7a5.jpeg

What color is that? Looks great.

Thanks - it's Gentian Blue. I was originally thinking a non-metallic like Shark or Chalk but when I saw GB on a 718 and then took the painted sample the dealer had out in the sunlight, I was sold on it. Should be taking delivery in 20 or so day. I'll post pics.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2022 at 12:41 PM, Sam Lin said:

I love how each new BMW looks like a cheap Chinese copy of a BMW.

"what does the chinese market want?"

(i swear GM had its daewoo design team do the new chevy silverado and i don't think they sell a single one of them in asia)

Edited by elfenix

6 hours ago, elfenix said:

"what does the chinese market want?"

(i swear GM had its daewoo design team do the new chevy silverado and i don't think they sell a single one of them in asia)

You ain’t lying on the new designs of the Silverados. Just awful

You all are nuts, the Escalade is much better looking than the Tahoe and one of the better looking full size SUV’s. The front end of the Tahoe’s are stupid looking and not in the same ballpark as the Escalade. I’ve been trying to figure out what to trade it F250 for and I don’t really like much of anything, but I may drive my wife’s Escalade and let her get something else.

• Drool 1

I think the new sport Escalade is great looking ride. I don’t think I would drop over $100k on it.

On the Tahoe so many of the trims look terrible. You also need go with 22s to make the wheels even look normal. If I needed a Tahoe I would be ok with the RST but I would want the High Country interior.