The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

8 hours ago, Assman said:

I've been looking for over 2 years for a Miami Blue 991.2 slick top with a 7MT and RAS, and finally found one. Carrera T with all the aforementioned options and 9k miles. Fucking love this thing.

20221021_180122.jpg

I would avoid parking it in the middle of the basketball court.  I would hate to see it get a few dings/dents because one of your kids decides to use it as a pick.

3 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I would avoid parking it in the middle of the basketball court.  I would hate to see it get a few dings/dents because one of your kids decides to use it as a pick.

My 7-year old dunked over it after this pic was taken.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Assman said:

I've been looking for over 2 years for a Miami Blue 991.2 slick top with a 7MT and RAS, and finally found one. Carrera T with all the aforementioned options and 9k miles. Fucking love this thing.

20221021_180122.jpg

Congrats! If Miami blue was still available outside of PTS that’s the color I would’ve gone with. Love the T. Enjoy it!

I am convinced there is such a thing as a Curb Rash Fairy, and the motherfucker goes around discreetly fucking up peoples wheels. 

Rented a car this weekend. Did inspection at pickup and it was flawless.

Drove it from the airport straight to destination house in the suburbs. No tight turns, no potholes, no city parking, nothing.  Got out of car after this 45min highway trip and saw a big gash on the wheel like 7in up from the ground. Out of thin air.  

Wheel on opposite side of car also has a deep scratch on the edge of the rim, running *perpendicular* to the circumference. How? Literally a physical impossibility for that to happen. 
And it made of think of my personal car. Have 2 sets of identical wheels, both 20” in size, both covering the same mileage over 2+ seasons, same pattern of garage-to-garage driving rarely ever parallel parking in the city. Law of averages say they should have the same wear. 

1 set is flawless.  The other set is marred on all 4 wheels. How this works ill never understand.  

16 hours ago, Assman said:

20221021_180122.jpg

That's stunning, nice find. You must have a lot of patience to wait for a spec this specific. Kudos.

On 10/24/2022 at 3:56 PM, drewlaws said:

That's stunning, nice find. You must have a lot of patience to wait for a spec this specific. Kudos.

To be honest, it started as just a place holder while my name moves up on the 992 allocation list, but I may just fuck around and keep this. 

19 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
22 hours ago, elfenix said:
At least 2 of these in Houston, other one's plate is V8 EST8

a72d5c01743dac7e511b0f8b70c2b881.jpg

I'm getting very impatient waiting for mine.

Went and looked at one yesterday along with an S6 and an RS7. They are going to bring an Etron GT by later this week for me to look at. Thinking of getting out of the F250 (and 20+ years of F150’s) and going a different direction, but can’t decide what I really want to drive every day. I have a hold on a Denali Ultimate in case I just decide to stick with the SUV/truck world.

• Like 1

You might as well take a look at the SQ8 as well, if you're patient enough to order or wait for the right allocation spec to pop up.  It's kind of a 'sweet spot' SUV-ish with the same driveline as the RS6/RS7/RS Q8, just a weaker tune.  S-Sport package adds the same torque-vectoring differential and electromechanical rear sway bar that the RS vehicles get, activated by its 48V mild hybrid system.  You'll still be missing the 'RS mode' electronics, flared fenders, wider contact patch and brakes, but for a daily, it's a lot of hardware that also saves you roughly $30K from the RS Q8. 

4 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

You might as well take a look at the SQ8 as well, if you're patient enough to order or wait for the right allocation spec to pop up.  It's kind of a 'sweet spot' SUV-ish with the same driveline as the RS6/RS7/RS Q8, just a weaker tune.  S-Sport package adds the same torque-vectoring differential and electromechanical rear sway bar that the RS vehicles get, activated by its 48V mild hybrid system.  You'll still be missing the 'RS mode' electronics, flared fenders, wider contact patch and brakes, but for a daily, it's a lot of hardware that also saves you roughly $30K from the RS Q8. 

I’m pretty well looking at everything I can think of. Looked at a used Tesla so laid today with virtually no miles in it. They also had a GTR in the lot but it was stupid price wise.

Went and looked at one yesterday along with an S6 and an RS7. They are going to bring an Etron GT by later this week for me to look at. Thinking of getting out of the F250 (and 20+ years of F150’s) and going a different direction, but can’t decide what I really want to drive every day. I have a hold on a Denali Ultimate in case I just decide to stick with the SUV/truck world.
Your dealer has an RS6 in stock?
RSQ8 if you go SUV.

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Your dealer has an RS6 in stock?

No, they had one getting ready to be picked up when I stopped by. He is supposed to let me know the timing on the two they have that aren’t spoken for the first of the week.

No, they had one getting ready to be picked up when I stopped by. He is supposed to let me know the timing on the two they have that aren’t spoken for the first of the week.
Yeah, I've only been able to sit in one and start it up. I know pretty well how it will drive, but i still want to drive one. Maybe I'll find a used one for sale here.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:43 PM, Goofyboy said:

German luxury means I trade in the wife’s car around 75,000. That’s when the last one had some seals go bad and $4k of engine work was needed.

On 9/5/2022 at 4:55 PM, Chewbacca said:
On 9/5/2022 at 4:43 PM, Goofyboy said:
German luxury means I trade in the wife’s car around 75,000. That’s when the last one had some seals go bad and $4k of engine work was needed.

Agreed.

Def seconded. We already had a turbo issue on our 2021 A6 with less than 20k miles on it. We still have the old Audi too. We were keeping for the kiddo but not sure about that now. A lot of problems with that car as well. 

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, Brew said:

Yeah, I've only been able to sit in one and start it up. I know pretty well how it will drive, but i still want to drive one. Maybe I'll find a used one for sale here.

I was looking through all the used ones earlier and there is one at Audi Denver in Littleton. It is a 2021 Daytona Gray. There are quite a few around me, but I did see that one out your way.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
8 hours ago, Brew said:
I was looking through all the used ones earlier and there is one at Audi Denver in Littleton. It is a 2021 Daytona Gray. There are quite a few around me, but I did see that one out your way.

I was at Audi Littleton yesterday. They do not have an RS6 in stock.

https://www.audidenver.com/used/Audi/2021-Audi-RS+6+Avant-98250d390a0e0a9344656a414aee3e73.htm

May just not have updated their website. It was on one of the car gurus or auto trader sites where I saw it originally. I was looking for a gray and there are only a few.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

https://www.audidenver.com/used/Audi/2021-Audi-RS+6+Avant-98250d390a0e0a9344656a414aee3e73.htm

May just not have updated their website. It was on one of the car gurus or auto trader sites where I saw it originally. I was looking for a gray and there are only a few.

They knew it wouldn’t last long.  Didn’t even take the time to wipe it down before taking pics. 

4 hours ago, Brew said:

I believe that the site says it's there.  Their website says (or used to say) that they have a Nardo/Cognac one in stock, too.  They do not.

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

I believe that the site says it's there.  Their website says (or used to say) that they have a Nardo/Cognac one in stock, too.  They do not.

So fun fact. When I bought the wife's car the salesman saw that the website said the car was there (Audi West Houston). Rather than chalk it up to "haven't updated the website" he went and walked the lot. Found it hidden in the repair lot with a sold sign on it. Apparently another salesman was trying to hold it for a guy who possibly wanted it. Needless to say it wasn't there when he came back. Don't always fall for the okie-doke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Thatguy said:

So fun fact. When I bought the wife's car the salesman saw that the website said the car was there (Audi West Houston). Rather than chalk it up to "haven't updated the website" he went and walked the lot. Found it hidden in the repair lot with a sold sign on it. Apparently another salesman was trying to hold it for a guy who possibly wanted it. Needless to say it wasn't there when he came back. Don't always fall for the okie-doke. 

My sales guy looked for me.  Not a huge deal, but it probably sold before I got there.  

On 10/31/2022 at 11:50 AM, Chewbacca said:

My sales guy looked for me.  Not a huge deal, but it probably sold before I got there.  

Looked at a Nardo Gray one on the lot today. They have a tentative deal and deposit on it but are going to let me know if it falls through. They also have a blue one on a truck now that is not sold if you want blue. He thought it would be here in the next few days. It’s pretty stout. Drove the other 3 I’ve been looking at. I may end up leaning towards the S6 as many miles as I drive. Looked at an SQ8 also but it was sold as well with no others coming in.

A8F7E98F-55A1-40FC-9D55-DB9CA0AD9E5E.thumb.jpeg.bcaf920da8b3fa32c69c6c83742fb9eb.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Brew said:

Looked at a Nardo Gray one on the lot today. They have a tentative deal and deposit on it but are going to let me know if it falls through. They also have a blue one on a truck now that is not sold if you want blue. He thought it would be here in the next few days. It’s pretty stout. Drove the other 3 I’ve been looking at. I may end up leaning towards the S6 as many miles as I drive. Looked at an SQ8 also but it was sold as well with no others coming in.

A8F7E98F-55A1-40FC-9D55-DB9CA0AD9E5E.thumb.jpeg.bcaf920da8b3fa32c69c6c83742fb9eb.jpeg

My hangup is that my order is for an Audi Exclusive color (Sonoma Green).  And I really want that color.  If I walk from that order, I won't get the color I want.  I really like Ultra Blue, but my current S6 is Sepang Blue, which is really similar.  I want something different.  I also hate black interiors, so that makes things a lot tougher as well.  You can change the exterior color a lot easier than interior.

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

My hangup is that my order is for an Audi Exclusive color (Sonoma Green).  And I really want that color.  If I walk from that order, I won't get the color I want.  I really like Ultra Blue, but my current S6 is Sepang Blue, which is really similar.  I want something different.  I also hate black interiors, so that makes things a lot tougher as well.  You can change the exterior color a lot easier than interior.

How long are you out on your order?  You out it in forever ago, it seems. 

13 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Did you match Matt Watson's spec?

Very close, although I didn't realize it until after I placed my order.  I'm getting red brake calipers and black optics.  But exterior and interior colors are the same.

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

How long are you out on your order?  You out it in forever ago, it seems. 

All they can tell me is I'm still waitlisted.  Placed order 9 months ago.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:06 PM, General Specific said:

If you gotta put winter tires on… sad, just sad!

However, that break-in, ROAD-TRIP! Head south, no winter tires, win win, right?

And color (awesomeness), me jealous.

And speaking of winter, what sort of coatings are you thinking to put on her?

Yeah the color is beyond even my expectations. Here in Denver we have enough sun I can drive year round but the summers turn into blocks of rubber under 40 degrees or so. 

I have Xpel ultimate being applied right now. Should be done Monday - my first time PPFing a car but I feel like any scratch or scuff on the paint would bug the shit outta me so yeah

• Like 2