Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

Cross-posting this because you guys on this tread are Surly's version of these reddit dweebs who are enjoying a social experience with each other around the premise of trading:

Here is a YOLO story, a story of utter nihilism. You know this story. This story is perhaps best told with a series of rocket emojis, but let’s try words instead. The people on the WallStreetBets subreddit sometimes all get into a stock at once. This is fun, a nice social outing in an age of social distancing, a risky but potentially lucrative collective entertainment. Recently they decided to do GameStop. Because, I don’t know, they’re gamers, or because it’s a little comical to pump the stock of a chain of mall video-game stores during a pandemic, or because a lot of professional investors are short GameStop and they thought it’d be funny to mess with them. Or, especially, because their friends on Reddit were buying GameStop and they figured they’d join in the fun. Or all of those things in different combinations. Take one person who’s long for fundamental reasons, add 100 people who are long for personal-amusement reasons like “lol gaming” or “let’s mess with the shorts,” and then add thousands more who are long because they see everyone else long, and the stock moves:

“It was a meme stock that really blew up,” said WallStreetBets moderator Bawse1. “The massive short contributed more toward the meme stock.” GameStop seemed so utterly doomed that the current situation was actually sort of funny to the subreddit’s denizens. Banded together, WallStreetBets members bought in big enough to move the stock. …

“The traditional Wall Street view is that markets are driven by some tie to fundamental value,” said Hoffstein. “What we’re seeing is an influx of speculative retail traders who don’t have any philosophy about valuation.” He quotes a phrase from Bloomberg’s Tracy Alloway: “Flows before pros.” The market will be driven by a flow of capital rather than fundamentals. ...

“I think the subreddit brings a new factor into stocks that wasn’t as prevalent as before,” says Bawse1. “It’s called hype.”

Meanwhile, calls of “BUY” alongside emoji rocket ships flooded the WallStreetBets Discord Friday, where over 25,000 onlookers watched chat fill with diamonds, rocket emojis, and obscenities. GameStop’s stock had just hit $60, a great leap from the $20 it was worth just last week. On Friday, 194 million shares were traded, over 12 times its average trading volume. In the Discord’s voice channel, where hundreds participated in the “gme-rocket,” yelling, humming, and intermittent announcements coalesced into something like a Gregorian chant.

Here is a seven-hour YouTube video from Friday in which a guy called “Roaring Kitty” dips a chicken tender in champagne to celebrate his GameStop wins. “This is the thing, overbought can stay overbought, remain overbought, even get more overbought,” he says, which is as good a summary of the situation as anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I tried to sell more calls when it was trading in the mid 80s but schwab engaged the training wheels. I'd love to trade out of it into a sub 70 close. 

image.png.fddd3a61678986968f9cddd804aae68c.png

over 100K contracts today just on calls with the 115 strike. I imagine the brokers are running out of training wheels. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

When you're sad and lonely, and have no place to go.

Call me up, sweet baby, and bring along some dough

And we'll go Stonky Tonkin', Stonky Tonkin'

We'll go Stonky' Tonkin', round this town.   

It’s got a good beat and you can dance to it. Hank Williams gives at a 98.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I am perplexed by Xmet.  I sold like a dumas but it’s fun to see everyone making money.  I really thought that one was a dud.  Lucky I have a day job because I suck at this.

I went DEEP on my first inroad, bought 7m shares at .0015 in December, after that brief run-up to above .002, plus RCRs strong good-news vibes. It languished from there, and I cut ties w/6m of them around .0012, pledging to keep 1m and "ignore them." Tough chance of ignoring them now ... and serious regret of not holding the other 6m.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Also my BBRW sell order at .0065 hit (was in at .002). Terrible stonk to hold, fantastic stonk to trade. Will wait for its inevitable drop to do it all over again. 

I've been holding this bag for a long time. In at an embarrassing 0.0169. Wondering if this is my chance to get out with less loss. It's also a small-ish position, so...to the moon or bust!

Any idea why this is moving today? I don't see any news.

21 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Cross-posting this because you guys on this tread are Surly's version of these reddit dweebs who are enjoying a social experience with each other around the premise of trading:

Here is a YOLO story, a story of utter nihilism. You know this story. This story is perhaps best told with a series of rocket emojis, but let’s try words instead. The people on the WallStreetBets subreddit sometimes all get into a stock at once. This is fun, a nice social outing in an age of social distancing, a risky but potentially lucrative collective entertainment. Recently they decided to do GameStop. Because, I don’t know, they’re gamers, or because it’s a little comical to pump the stock of a chain of mall video-game stores during a pandemic, or because a lot of professional investors are short GameStop and they thought it’d be funny to mess with them. Or, especially, because their friends on Reddit were buying GameStop and they figured they’d join in the fun. Or all of those things in different combinations. Take one person who’s long for fundamental reasons, add 100 people who are long for personal-amusement reasons like “lol gaming” or “let’s mess with the shorts,” and then add thousands more who are long because they see everyone else long, and the stock moves:

“It was a meme stock that really blew up,” said WallStreetBets moderator Bawse1. “The massive short contributed more toward the meme stock.” GameStop seemed so utterly doomed that the current situation was actually sort of funny to the subreddit’s denizens. Banded together, WallStreetBets members bought in big enough to move the stock. …

“The traditional Wall Street view is that markets are driven by some tie to fundamental value,” said Hoffstein. “What we’re seeing is an influx of speculative retail traders who don’t have any philosophy about valuation.” He quotes a phrase from Bloomberg’s Tracy Alloway: “Flows before pros.” The market will be driven by a flow of capital rather than fundamentals. ...

“I think the subreddit brings a new factor into stocks that wasn’t as prevalent as before,” says Bawse1. “It’s called hype.”

Meanwhile, calls of “BUY” alongside emoji rocket ships flooded the WallStreetBets Discord Friday, where over 25,000 onlookers watched chat fill with diamonds, rocket emojis, and obscenities. GameStop’s stock had just hit $60, a great leap from the $20 it was worth just last week. On Friday, 194 million shares were traded, over 12 times its average trading volume. In the Discord’s voice channel, where hundreds participated in the “gme-rocket,” yelling, humming, and intermittent announcements coalesced into something like a Gregorian chant.

Here is a seven-hour YouTube video from Friday in which a guy called “Roaring Kitty” dips a chicken tender in champagne to celebrate his GameStop wins. “This is the thing, overbought can stay overbought, remain overbought, even get more overbought,” he says, which is as good a summary of the situation as anything else.

You mad, bro?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

You mad, bro?

What, no? I love this site and you guys and the trolling hard you guys are doing with put calls and penny stocks. I think it’s entertaining to listen to the wild swings and the adrenaline. Like someone said; y’all are shooting up digital heroin here and not risking a bunch of money in the grand scheme of things.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Like someone said; y’all are shooting up digital heroin here and not risking a bunch of money in the grand scheme of things.

Bro, ppl here are fk around with selling naked calls.....

Edited by Chapo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Damn I was having the best day yet till that little algo fueled little correction that forced my hand into selling shit. Oh well ended up just down a tad before that I was a stonk genius. That’s the big account I care about.

My fuckboi RH account that’s only options is up 5% today. Started new calls in BLNK, GDRX and AAPL.

Bought OZSC today and made 42% intraday while it is up around 170% the past week. 

They announced a partnership to supply fast charging stations for EV vehicles and word is that more announcements and news are coming.

Who wants to stonk hard?

Edited by TechTech
  • Hook 'Em 1

Appreciate the gamma squeeze info posted on the last page (surly wont let me quote it without registering a server error for whatever reason). Definitely headache inducing and probably only really get 10% of it but the general concept is there. Woefully uneducated in this to be making $800 calls but here we are (oops) so some clarification would be much appreciated. Say it pops again tomorrow morning, should I be looking to sell before it crosses $115 and entering gamma squeeze territory or am I missing out on profits by doing so? Thanks, this board is the tits.

Edited by Hank_Hill

23 minutes ago, TechTech said:

Bought OZSC today and made 42% intraday while it is up around 170% the past week. 

They announced a partnership to supply fast charging stations for EV vehicles and word is that more announcements and news are coming.

Who wants to stonk hard?

Started this thread at Xmas. After this past week I have a couple thousand shares at zero cost (OZSC). To the moon. 

still buying with only pennies (if only I wasn’t poor) but 7 stonks  after costing down XMET, TSNP, FPVD, PLRTF, AMYZF, ATOS, OZSC. 

Up 1,131.22%

I hope to start buying in nickels and sending out booze, but willing to send MadDog 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Appreciate the gamma squeeze info posted on the last page (surly wont let me quote it without registering a server error for whatever reason). Definitely headache inducing and probably only really get 10% of it but the general concept is there. Woefully uneducated in this to be making $800 calls but here we are (oops) so some clarification would be much appreciated. Say it pops again tomorrow morning, should I be looking to sell before it crosses $115 and entering gamma squeeze territory or am I missing out on profits by doing so? Thanks, this board is the tits.

The options chain top out at 115.  And now there are tremendous open interest in all those contracts.  If the price goes towards and above 115, there is even more buying pressure on the stock, pushing it upwards.

There is also evidence that the short interest is still sky-high.  It's a mix of new parties opening new short position (while the old ones covered), or the biggest shorting party (Melvin cap) maintaining their position because they were provided more capital.  Which means if price goes up above 115, the shorters (old, new, whatever) will be heavily pressured to buy up the stock.

The chink in the armor is if the stock holders start taking profit -- whether by selling the stock and cascading a selloff (and allows shorts to cover); or by exiting their calls profitably and reducing call open interest (and thus obligation to hold shares)

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Pulled the plug on my ALPP at 4.65 that I picked up at .42. The first time it got to this level I kicked myself for not taking the 1,000% return, not doing it again. If it dips under $3.65 I’m eight back in...

Full shame disclosure for ALPP. Safe now above 4.00. When I made my very first stonk purchase , my “buy” was for ALPP when it was raging. I still don’t know what I did but for the last month I was the proud owner of $100 worth of ALPP at $4.80sh when the 52 week high was only 4.79. 

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spoosner said:

I've been holding this bag for a long time. In at an embarrassing 0.0169. Wondering if this is my chance to get out with less loss. It's also a small-ish position, so...to the moon or bust!

Any idea why this is moving today? I don't see any news.

No idea, I couldnt find anything to account for the spike, so I sold expecting to revert back to .003's in a couple of days. If your holding a small-ish position you can always wait for it to dip back lower and then cost average down. I still think this one will run a decent amount at some point in the future, but it will likely be after Covid clears out. in the meantime, I just try to buy low and sell high. When that doesnt work, I buy lower. I may get burned eventually but my BBRW is well into house money by now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Blotto said:

No idea, I couldnt find anything to account for the spike, so I sold expecting to revert back to .003's in a couple of days. If your holding a small-ish position you can always wait for it to dip back lower and then cost average down. I still think this one will run a decent amount at some point in the future, but it will likely be after Covid clears out. in the meantime, I just try to buy low and sell high. When that doesnt work, I buy lower. I may get burned eventually but my BBRW is well into house money by now. 

I've definitely thought about that because I see the swings, but it's so hard to make myself get more invested in a company that has such dismal financials. I've got nothing but time though, so hopefully there's some long term growth.

2 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

That Roaring Kitty guys is crazy. He was huge on GME like a year and a half ago and has turned something like $150,000 into over $11 million.*

* Or 6 million depending on whether GME stock is at $150 or $75 that very moment. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, TechTech said:

Who wants to stonk hard?

Friday, I watched OZSC go from .02 to .08.  Today, watched OZSC go from .08 to .20.  Tired of watching.  Can I haz more upticks?

39 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Pulled the plug on my ALPP at 4.65 that I picked up at .42. The first time it got to this level I kicked myself for not taking the 1,000% return, not doing it again. If it dips under $3.65 I’m eight back in...

Congrats on the profits! In the nicest way possible I hope it never lets you back in

When I told yall the four horsemen ALPP, TSNP, FPVD and XMET would have an interesting week, I didn't expect all at the same time. We saw profit taking and recovery on ALPP and TSNP, but not enough to in FPVD to ensure a support. Keep an eye on if it can strongly hold the Penny

XMET will likely see some profit taking tomorrow (RSI is real hot pretty much the whole day at 80 - 90, each day since it started running that is followed by a dip into the 60s), so if you're not on free shares yet, as someone who has ridden 1000+% rockets up and then all the way back down it's worth it to do it now. It makes your head clearer to maximize the profits that remain. That being said it's very clear that the float is less than 8.2B with the way this moves, so even if it dips hard into the .004s it can go back up and more just as fast. 

Edited by RCRanger03
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That Roaring Kitty guys is crazy. He was huge on GME like a year and a half ago and has turned something like $150,000 into over $11 million.*

* Or 6 million depending on whether GME stock is at $150 or $75 that very moment. 

I think it is 11 million at 75. He was momentarily around 27 million at 150 based on some calculations RE: the call pricing I saw on Reddit.

5 hours ago, SuperSport said:

Well then nevermind. Though a dude turning into a lesbian would certainly be something.

I'm in Thailand; this can be found quite easily.

3 hours ago, bluto said:

Another 3% bump on the portfolio, rack em.

Condolences. My non-stonk account is like an anchor holding back my earnings as well.

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Everything you've posted

Just thank you. Big thank you for all the info sharing. And Lagavulin. Though, it begs the question, can a person get tired of Lagavulin? Because we may have a good data point...

1 minute ago, Sam Lin said:

Condolences. My non-stonk account is like an anchor holding back my earnings as well.

Just thank you. Big thank you for all the info sharing. And Lagavulin. Though, it begs the question, can a person get tired of Lagavulin? Because we may have a good data point...

Are Stripper-Grams still a thing?

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

When you're sad and lonely, and have no place to go.

Call me up, sweet baby, and bring along some dough

And we'll go Stonky Tonkin', Stonky Tonkin'

We'll go Stonky' Tonkin', round this town.   

I might not end up in the hall of fame
With a star on the sidewalk with my name
Or a statue in my hometown when I'm gone
Nobody gonna name their babies after me
I might not go down in history
But I'll go down to the Stonky-Tonk

• Like 1

Ken Griffin's Citadel and Steve Cohen's Point72 Asset Management are investing $2.75B into Melvin Capital to help stabilize the fund that has ben hammered by bad short bets this year, The Wall Street Journal reports. Melvin Capital's short positions, including against GameStop (GME, +14.4%), have contributed to losses of 30% through Friday, the Journal says.

oops. By "this year" do they mean 3 weeks? Cause that seems like a poor start. Great comment from SeekingAlpha:

The melvin is a variant where the victim's underwear is pulled up from the front, to cause injury, or, at least, severe pain to the victim's genitals.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Lol honestly I may need to expand my palette. I love my peat, but I've never tried much outside of islays and macallan any recommendations?

Also you're in Thailand? Can you sign up for and trade with HumblFinancial? I tried to proxy in through Singapore, but got screened out during the verification process.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Damn I want to short it so bad but just don’t know how far out to go... says everybody with a trading acct

SI is still at 139%. The short squeeze still hasn't begun. Everything you've seen so far has been gamma squeezing in response to delta hedging. I told some dude here not to short at 40 I think. I hope he took my advice. If not, rip in pepperoni. Poor dude probably got a Reg T call if he had taken a sufficiently large position.

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

From my post in the Markets thread:

A gamma squeeze occurs as the price moves up, crossing the thresholds of strike prices of calls that will soon be expiring. Market Makers use the Delta of an option to determine how many shares of a stock they should purchase in preparation of possibly covering the calls when they are exercised, either by the buyer of the call or upon expiring in the money. As the share price goes up, combined with the days getting closer to expiry, up goes the Delta, up goes the amount of shares the MMs buy. Last Friday, every call on the board for GME was in the money at expiry. I'll repeat: EVERY CALL ON THE BOARD WAS ITM AT EXPIRY. I don't know if that's ever happened in the history of the market. That means that if every call was exercised, 11.7 million shares would need to be transferred over to the new owners today and tomorrow. Now, as the Delta on a lot of the lower strikes were already at 1 and the shares already (hopefully for the call seller) purchased, it shouldn't be a big deal. However, the big pop happened ON Friday, not before. That caused a mad scramble in the after hours Friday, today, and possibly tomorrow for those who are gambling on the price decreasing further before they fill those calls. So, that's a gamma squeeze. Price creeps up, MMs who sell calls end up buying shares to cover, causing the price to climb higher, and then creating essentially a feedback loop spiking the price when combined with buying from retail or pops on positive news.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

If you have calls, you want a gamma squeeze to happen as that drives the stock up A LOT.

• Hook 'Em 1