Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is a great article and makes me think the SEC is going to go after some of these people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/02/25/magazine/jonathan-lebed-s-extracurricular-activities.html

Maybe, but with the money they made I’m pretty sure they can afford a good lawyer. There have been so many people pumping and institutions buying, I don’t see how they can hold anyone accountable. We all know they want to and will try.

Just now, IDIOTsavant said:

tenor (20).gif

Well, shit:

MsFitRebecca 

Ok so is tomorrow a good day to dip my toes in and buy AMC? Or is it better to find a different stock now?
 Toronto

Ok so is tomorrow a good day to dip my toes in and buy AMC? Or is it better to find a different stock now?

• Like 1

Is AMC caught up in the AMCX fiasco or is it the other way around? Everything I see shows AMCX as the one with the overweighted short positions, but AMC is the one running right now and getting discussed.

NAKD has virtually no shorts against it. It would seem that Dillards would be the one that still has legs based on the float. None of this shit makes any sense.

Edited by Brew

41 minutes ago, B00M said:

Here is what I believe. Now that the powers that be are alerted to this Nat Turner rebellion of the unwashed masses, the status quo is going to move quickly to put snuff this out. The shorts will be cajoled by their peers to settle if need be, but what I think is more likely is the WSB army will not be able to diamond hands. Too much money is going to have been made and they will fall apart and it's going to crash faster than it's run up. This is not investment advice, but I'm shorting left, right and center on this one.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist at heart, though. I really am enjoying witnessing this whole thing. And I guess it's just as likely to shoot to $1000 as it is to fall to $30.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

So I fucked up.  I've bought some stocks 6 months or so, and they are all doing OK.  Been too busy with work and traveling to mess with it much.  Anyhow, figured I'd do some stonkin and get back into it.  I've posted several times that Mr. @RCRanger03 always gave me the right plays, and I just fucked up the timing.   While I'm certain I wouldn't have held it all the way thru, I sold 50k worth (current worth) of ALPP at a small loss at one point.   Holy.  Shit.  Could have gone without seeing that tonight.  Happy stonking yall.  I need a drink.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Here is what I believe. Now that the powers that be are alerted to this Nat Turner rebellion of the unwashed masses, the status quo is going to move quickly to put snuff this out. The shorts will be cajoled by their peers to settle if need be, but what I think is more likely is the WSB army will not be able to diamond hands. Too much money is going to have been made and they will fall apart and it's going to crash faster than it's run up. This is not investment advice, but I'm shorting left, right and center on this one.

Maybe I'm just a pessimist at heart, though. I really am enjoying witnessing this whole thing. And I guess it's just as likely to shoot to $1000 as it is to fall to $30.

Why? Other funds have incentive to go long and crush at least one competing fund. Why help bail them out now?

44 minutes ago, 936horn said:

Why? Other funds have incentive to go long and crush at least one competing fund. Why help bail them out now?

Because a) I think there is more money to be made betting the other side now, b) I think there is more money on the way down to be made than what is left on any run up (famous last words) and c) I don't trust this thing to continue anymore now that there is so much visibility.

The ones who just heard about GME yesterday are the ones who are going to end up left holding the bag I fear. I hope not, but usually by the time it's a media story, it's dead (or dying).

I could be completely off base and wrong and it could go to $500 tomorrow and $1000 next week of course. Probably will since I don't think it will.

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

So I fucked up.  I've bought some stocks 6 months or so, and they are all doing OK.  Been too busy with work and traveling to mess with it much.  Anyhow, figured I'd do some stonkin and get back into it.  I've posted several times that Mr. @RCRanger03 always gave me the right plays, and I just fucked up the timing.   While I'm certain I wouldn't have held it all the way thru, I sold 50k worth (current worth) of ALPP at a small loss at one point.   Holy.  Shit.  Could have gone without seeing that tonight.  Happy stonking yall.  I need a drink.

Grab some PFMS this morning! 

I'm convinced that Samtrade FX looks to be our people moving in. It's a Singapore based Forex Trading Platform popular in Asia. App is out in US right now, but doesn't seem like a popular US download yet. Can't find the financials, but they're sponsoring an EPL and EFL team which can't be cheap. Also they just recently made a foundation and put out a $50k donation. Unless they're just putting everything into  marketing and charity I'd say their revs are probably low millions to double digit millions

The Share structure is pretty nice for a pinky, but the last company that fell through tried to R/S immediately after taking control. I'd get on free shares as soon as possible and then just let it ride.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

Grab some PFMS this morning! 

I'm convinced that Samtrade FX looks to be our people moving in. It's a Singapore based Forex Trading Platform popular in Asia. App is out in US right now, but doesn't seem like a popular US download yet. Can't find the financials, but they're sponsoring an EPL and EFL team which can't be cheap. Also they just recently made a foundation and put out a $50k donation. Unless they're just putting everything into  marketing and charity I'd say their revs are probably low millions to double digit millions

The Share structure is pretty nice for a pinky, but the last company that fell through tried to R/S immediately after taking control. I'd get on free shares as soon as possible and then just let it ride.

I’m dropping 1500 more into it this morning to see where it goes.  

Edited by Hefeweizen
Tom Herman made me do it

Doesn’t suspending trading kinda hurt the big guys as shares aren’t able to be freed up? Or is buying suspended only?

Also, cheers to AAL run this morning.
Without retail investors to sell their shares, short positions would have to rely on institutions and insider ownership for shares.

There is a lot of ppl that has no clue abt the stock market trying to open up an account now and buy GME. So I'm fine with them restricting BUY, prevents clueless retail from going broke.

I’m not mr free market is god, as some regulation is necessary... but fuck off with this noise. There’s no training wheels limit or experience factor required at the Vegas roulette table or betting window.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chapo said:

There is a lot of ppl that has no clue abt the stock market trying to open up an account now and buy GME. So I'm fine with them restricting BUY, prevents clueless retail from going broke.

Fuck that. It’s our risk to take. And if they had bought today they’d likely be pretty profitable tomorrow. They don’t give a shit about our risks with the other 99.9% of stocks 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, bluto said:

Also, cheers to AAL run this morning.

High fucking five man. DAL and LUV seeing more modest PM love, but some love. 

I am going to fucking take some profits on AAL and buy a token share in GME long out of fucking principle at this point.  Reading wsb's has infected my brain with the perspective that this is much bigger than stock gains and losses.  Those autists are on a mission.