Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

On 11/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

UUUU +.65 to $10.93.  It hit another six year high today at $11.09.  @Hefeweizen @victory88 UUUU Is overbought on the RSI. It can stay this way for a while, especially if uranium prices rise or there’s other good news.  It can also correct.  If you can live with the possibility of UUUU retracing to eight dollars, hold your positions.  Otherwise, take your profits.  I don’t plan on swing trading my position because there’s a lot happening in this sector and I don’t want to to be taken by surprise and miss the biggest part of the bull run.  At some point, I believe UUUU will spike as it did in 2007 & 2011 and I have the patience to wait for it.  Holding 25,000 shares @ $5.28.

image.gif.e0c2ab333e23ce747ae5ff7eae16b134.gif

UUUU +.81 to $11.25.  It hit another 6 year high today at $11.30.  Woo hoo!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

A couple of years ago I bought some stock in a company called Babcock & Wilcox (thats a lot of cocks, flipflop) at around $4 as it had fallen from a price of $75 and I figured with its customer base it wasnt going to go out of business, and it might be worth a shot. Then it looked like it might actually go out of business, and the shares were trading sub$1, so I quadrupled up at $0.84 about 18 months ago which turned out to be pretty close to the absolute bottom. This article came out about 2 weeks after I bought more. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4252770-babcock-and-wilcox-over

They didnt go out of business, managed to shed some toxic assets/projects and continue their pivot to large scale renewables. They are up around 25% today on latest quarterly numbers trading around $9.25. That gives them a market cap of about $800 million and they are forecasting earnings next year of $110 million. Don't know how much more upside there is in this one, but it proved to be a good gamble. Most of my multibagger  returns are dumbass stonks that actually have no real business, just hype. This has become one of my better returns and its just an old heavy industry conglomerate. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Snagged a share of RIVN when it went IPO at $78 a few days ago, and so far it's $149.36. So far so good. 

I got in at $151. No ragrats other than completely forgetting the IPO was dropping.

Honestly, I think Rivian has Tesla like upside. They build SUVs and trucks that people want instead of quite ugly sedans (outside of the S) and the Y is not a fucking SUV no matter what Tesla says. Both Rivians look good and from initial reviews are built to a much higher standard than Teslas. We will see how they are at running an assembly plant. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

I got in at $151. No ragrats other than completely forgetting the IPO was dropping.

Honestly, I think Rivian has Tesla like upside. They build SUVs and trucks that people want instead of quite ugly sedans (outside of the S) and the Y is not a fucking SUV no matter what Tesla says. Both Rivians look good and from initial reviews are built to a much higher standard than Teslas. We will see how they are at running an assembly plant. 

Same. It also doesn't hurt that Amazon has a 20% stake in it, and has already purchased an initial 100,000 delivery vehicles from them. With resources like that I can see it getting pretty popular if they can continue to deliver:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/29/amazon-reveals-20percent-stake-in-electric-vehicle-maker-rivian.html

35 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Same. It also doesn't hurt that Amazon has a 20% stake in it, and has already purchased an initial 100,000 delivery vehicles from them. With resources like that I can see it getting pretty popular if they can continue to deliver:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/29/amazon-reveals-20percent-stake-in-electric-vehicle-maker-rivian.html

I am not saying your overall premise is not correct, but they have not sold anything to Amazon other than perhaps a few test vehicles. What they have is a purchase order for 100,000 vehicles in the future, once rivian has an assembly plant I've been running that can produce thosd.

I think Rivian is ahead of lordstown, but both of them have to produce vehicles in Mass quantity to make this work

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

When TSLA went public in 2011, their market cap at the close of the first day was $2.2 billion ( or about $2.7B in todays dollars), they would finish 2011 with $204 million in revenue. They would also have essentially zero competition in the EV sector up until a couple of years ago

10 years later, Rivian IPO'd with a market cap of ~$100 billion. They have zero revenue currently and will be competing with Ford, TSLA and a host of others in the Truck/SUV sector. Their 100K unit amazon contract is through 2030. 

Once the major automakers all start producing EVs in greater numbers than RIVN, and have revenues and profits orders of magnitude higher than RIVN, my worry would be that RIVN comes back to earth. Is it more likely that all the other automakers 2X or 3X in market over the next year to equal RIVN, or RIVN comes back to the pack.

The fact that it is the third most valuable auto manufacturer in the world before selling a single car would indicate its long term upside is limited. Short term in this market who knows. Also they have none of the advantages that TSLA has with battery technology and alternate revenues sources of solar, utility scale storage etc... 

image.thumb.png.dd7513491acd77ea28ef62fbc1c4f44a.png

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Blotto said:

When TSLA went public in 2011, their market cap at the close of the first day was $2.2 billion ( or about $2.7B in todays dollars), they would finish 2011 with $204 million in revenue. They would also have essentially zero competition in the EV sector up until a couple of years ago

10 years later, Rivian IPO'd with a market cap of ~$100 billion. They have zero revenue currently and will be competing with Ford, TSLA and a host of others in the Truck/SUV sector. Their 100K unit amazon contract is through 2030. 

Once the major automakers all start producing EVs in greater numbers than RIVN, and have revenues and profits orders of magnitude higher than RIVN, my worry would be that RIVN comes back to earth. Is it more likely that all the other automakers 2X or 3X in market over the next year to equal RIVN, or RIVN comes back to the pack.

The fact that it is the third most valuable auto manufacturer in the world before selling a single car would indicate its long term upside is limited. Short term in this market who knows. Also they have none of the advantages that TSLA has with battery technology and alternate revenues sources of solar, utility scale storage etc... 

image.thumb.png.dd7513491acd77ea28ef62fbc1c4f44a.png

Well, that's stock market logic. This is the stonk forum.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Just bought some more AMYZF @ $0.62.

Some details about the demo plant they are close to completing...At a 99% recycling rate, 5 tons of lithium per day sounds like a BRRRR machine waiting to happen.

• its a demo plant with a capacity of recycling 500 kg batt waste per day
• The recycling process provides high extraction and purity of cathode metals, such as lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and aluminum.
• will be used to demo and show to potential partners (decision making process)
• data from the demo plant will be used as input for designing the final commercial plant with a capacity of 5 ton batt waste per day.
• location is Vancouver
• contracted to partner, Kemetco with a contract price of 2.7 Million C$
• construction startet in marts 2021, and expected to finish end of 2021

“In order to commercialize the RecycLiCo™ process, American Manganese and Kemetco will develop and operate a 500 kg/day cathode waste recycling demonstration plant. The purpose of the demonstration plant is to provide a tool for licensing or joint developing RecycLiCo™ with potential industry partners. The proposed services in the contract will include upgrading the existing pilot plant into an operating demonstration plant for engineering data collection and reporting. With the engineering data collected from the demonstration plant, Kemetco will design the commercial lithium-ion battery cathode waste recycling plant with a processing capacity of 5 tonnes of lithium-ion battery cathode waste per day”

Edited by CooterBrown

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah. Just when I think "there's no way it can go lower" I feel this sharp pain in my nethers. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4459431-immunitybio-demoralization-of-the-bulls-by-deflating-the-share-price

Here's an article that sheds some light on the price behavior. I don't put a lot of faith in his speculation about "big money" motivations but it discusses two factors in the selling pressure. The $500 million ATM, and Sorento's sale of 8 million shares, which has been completed. I'll do more reading on the $500 million dollar ATM, but with the price of the stock around $6.5,  thats a fuckload of selling pressure if IBRX is actively using that vehicle to raise money, consider that this stock trades about 1 million shares a day. They update how much they have sold on a quarterly basis. If it turns out that they have burned through the majority of the $500 million authorized, it would explain the price action. The trade off would be that should have more cash to fund operations.

I just still have my original position at $12, but am considering more. However, as suggested by the author it might be wise to wait for the next update to determine how much more of that $500 milliion they can keep selling and what their balance sheet looks like. They are blowing through $200 M+/yr and have no revenue. they have to raise cash to keep going. Also, its a pre-revenue pharma company. That is the definition of high risk investing. If they never get to market with a product your stock will go to zero. If on the other hand they have a couple homeruns, you will do very well. I'm just adding this link, because to be honest I didnt know they even had the $500 million share sale authorized, so passing it along. I would defer to HS on commentary on this info or the company in general, as he probably has researched the company much more than I have. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Alpine went way up then retreated.  I’ve pared my position (jokes on me since I put it into IBRX and AMYZF) but still holding a few thousand shares to see what happens.

The wife is an oncologist and loved the data in ATNM.  So, we bought in at $22.50 (.75 pre reverse split) and it is now sitting at $7.74, I've averaged down to $9.95 per share and am holding strong and hoping.  You guys keep talking up IBRX, does it still look like a good play?  And has anyone gotten in to ATNM?

I've been a lurker on the recruiting board, never even knew there was a stock chat.

9 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

What is the Sharp news?

George Sharp Returns to HUMBL As Capital Markets Advisor | HMBL Stock News (stocktitan.net)

HUMBL, Inc. (OTCMKT: HMBL), announced today that it has once again retained the consulting services of George Sharp as Capital Markets Advisor. Mr. Sharp will shepherd HUMBL through an imminent application with OTC Markets for an advancement to the OTCQB tier and then towards an application to the NASDAQ Stock Market. In furtherance of these milestones, the company will file audited financials with the SEC beginning with the yearend statement for 2021.

HUMBL President and CEO, Brian Foote remarked, “Once we agreed that an uplist of the company’s stock was in everybody’s best interest, the consensus of HUMBL management was that it was important to ask George to shepherd us through the process. His microcap savvy, which we value greatly, enabled us to bring about one of the most followed reverse mergers in OTC Markets history. Now HUMBL is prepared to take the necessary next steps to expand on that success.”

George Sharp commented, “Although I count many accomplishments among my efforts to legitimize the OTC Markets, working with management to bring HUMBL to the public was undoubtedly my crowning achievement. This is in large part due to the integrity and boundless energy of Brian Foote. I am eager to assist HUMBL move forward with its agenda and am excited about what HUMBL as an operation has in store.”

Mr. Foote continued, “A NASDAQ listing will not be achieved in the short term and is by no means assured. There are many steps to contemplate, and we will provide updates only when appropriate. However, we do believe that this endeavor will enable new groups of investors to consider HUMBL, whom would otherwise not be able to invest in the company or its stock. We therefore ask our HUMBL shareholders to be patient and assured that we are working hard to bring additional value to them.”

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4459431-immunitybio-demoralization-of-the-bulls-by-deflating-the-share-price

Here's an article that sheds some light on the price behavior. I don't put a lot of faith in his speculation about "big money" motivations but it discusses two factors in the selling pressure. The $500 million ATM, and Sorento's sale of 8 million shares, which has been completed. I'll do more reading on the $500 million dollar ATM, but with the price of the stock around $6.5,  thats a fuckload of selling pressure if IBRX is actively using that vehicle to raise money, consider that this stock trades about 1 million shares a day. They update how much they have sold on a quarterly basis. If it turns out that they have burned through the majority of the $500 million authorized, it would explain the price action. The trade off would be that should have more cash to fund operations.

I just still have my original position at $12, but am considering more. However, as suggested by the author it might be wise to wait for the next update to determine how much more of that $500 milliion they can keep selling and what their balance sheet looks like. They are blowing through $200 M+/yr and have no revenue. they have to raise cash to keep going. Also, its a pre-revenue pharma company. That is the definition of high risk investing. If they never get to market with a product your stock will go to zero. If on the other hand they have a couple homeruns, you will do very well. I'm just adding this link, because to be honest I didnt know they even had the $500 million share sale authorized, so passing it along. I would defer to HS on commentary on this info or the company in general, as he probably has researched the company much more than I have. 

As long as IBRX continues having success in the clinic, the stock will eventually move. As to why it is behaving the way it is, I do think the management missed an important rule of thumb for early stage companies. You raise money when you can, not when you need to. When the stock soared to 45, they should have had the ATM ready to sell into it. Now the market knows they'll need to raise some cash and the longer they wait, the more dilution they will have to accept or find another source of funds. Once that has concluded, IBRX should move.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, KYHorn said:

I didn't listen to the entire thing, but that was like listening to a drunk ramble on at the bar. I liked the part where he mentions that TSLA is shifting to lithium ion phosphate, which he says can't be recycled profitably, as if that's a good thing for the prospects of his business. 

More disturbing are his comments regarding that "they think" they can recycle batteries profitably based on back of the envelope calculations. I would hope that they would be at the point now where they know they can do so profitably. It wasn't a legitimate interview, it's a paid advertisement for fucks sake, so tailor your 10 minute pitch a little better.

I still believe in the sector but may be searching for a different horse to ride. Listening to that "interview" makes it easy to understand how this company can be founded in 1987 and still have no significant revenue. Its like a bunch of hobbyists puttering around in their garage. 

Edited by Blotto