Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

2 hours ago, bluto said:

Lulz alpp just issues a direct offering at 2.80. Effin wankers

hype, hype, hype then dilute

so glad I sold into the uplisting flurry, and an holding only a relatively small number of shares (that get worth less seemingly each week)

Edited by Wally Fairway

Amy is dead man walking. They’ve been too slow getting their process to market.

The Japanese company will have the exact same technology in full production mode in ‘23. Amy may have their demonstration facility up by then. It doesn’t matter if Amy’s process is better, first to market matters a lot more.

30 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The Japanese company will have the exact same technology in full production mode in ‘23. Amy may have their demonstration facility up by then. It doesn’t matter if Amy’s process is better, first to market matters a lot more.

maybe ALPP can issue stock and buy AMY, and I can double up a bad position

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I just dumped my remaining AMY and bought some more UUUU options.

Its not just that Japanese company, you have plenty of startups in the field. Take LICY that went public in a SPAC play earlier this year. They plan to have a processing plant capable of 60K tons in early 2023 and already supposedly have deals signed for scrap material. The SPAC transaction gives them $500+ million in cash and no debt to get production ramped up.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/27/lithium-ion-recycling-company-is-going-public/

I have a feeling AMY will still be fucking around with a pilot plant and looking for partners for the next 3 years. There just doesnt seem to be a sense of urgency with them. As long as they can keep funding their research they seem to be content rolling along with neglible revenue. I havent bailed yet (barely above water at 5% profit off of January purchase), but the more I read about other companies in the sector, I get the feeling I need a better vehicle for investment than AMY. 

I wanted to give you all a heads up, as it's a sure indicator things there's are moving up:

- ALPP, I'm selling my remaining shares. Seems to be all hat, no cattle; I didn't but into it for the construction contracts.

- AMY, selling at least half my shares which are held in a taxable account. Taking my losses for tax purposes, allowing me a "free" rebalance to sell off some gainers & will look at getting back in early 2022.

I'm sure you can make good money going the other way on these trades

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

original_411722626.png

Massive volume spike with IBRX.  Almost 6x the avg. volume with an hour left in Tuesday trading.  + $1.42 to $7.81.  A 22% move.  Holding 27,800 shares @ $9.77.  

I am looking for some redemption with the good doctor.  AMYZF has been brutal this month.  

On 11/30/2021 at 2:05 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

original_411722626.png

Massive volume spike with IBRX.  Almost 6x the avg. volume with an hour left in Tuesday trading.  + $1.42 to $7.81.  A 22% move.  Holding 27,800 shares @ $9.77.  

IBRX - $1.23 to to $6.56 on just over twice the normal volume.  If there's any consolation to be taken, the volume wasn't a third of what it was yesterday with the spike upwards.  Nonetheless, this bullshit is getting o-l-d.  Waiting for news.  W-a-i-t-i-n-g.

652b46cf0b7142dcac7a2a6cf1fa2af5.jpeg

News Release - December 3, 2021

American Manganese Files National Phase Patent Applications for the RecycLiCo Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Process

Applications Filed into National Phase for Europe, South Korea, Canada, India, Australia, Japan, and China to Strengthen Patent Portfolio

December 3, 2021 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTCQB: AMYZF | FSE: 2AM

American Manganese Inc. ("AMY" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the filing of National Phase Patent Applications (NPPA) to further strengthen the Company's patent portfolio. The Company's original PCT Application No. PCT/US/2020/021888 was filed with the World Intellectual Property Organization and is now filed into the national phase for Europe, South Korea, Canada, India, Australia, Japan, and China.

The patent within the NPPA is the second invention contained in the Company's RecycLiCo battery recycling process. The patent encompasses novel process functions that further enhance the RecycLiCo process and expand the processing capability for various waste battery input materials.

These process functions and their benefits to the battery industry include:

• The recovery of graphite and treatment of black mass material originating from the mechanical size reduction of end-of-life lithium-ion batteries.

Bloomberg is projecting 56 million passenger electric vehicles sales worldwide in 2040, and the need to recycle the trailing volume of end-of-life batteries will be a certainty. Therefore, black mass is expected to be the most common input material for hydrometallurgical processing, and significant demand for advanced and efficient processing of black mass material will be required. The RecycLiCo process presents a significant opportunity to reintroduce these critical battery materials back into the supply chain.

• The treatment of fluoride originating from the lithium-ion battery electrolyte. 

The electrolyte is a highly toxic and hazardous lithium-ion battery material found in some black mass materials. If not treated, it could lead to complications in downstream recycling functions and environmental damage. 

• The separation of aluminum from cathode active material in battery manufacturing scrap. 

Lithium-ion battery manufacturing includes coating cathode active material containing lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt to an aluminum foil to form the cathode electrode. This manufacturing process can result in off-spec cathodes that are scrapped as waste, which the RecycLiCo process can treat to produce high-quality cathode materials for battery re-manufacturing. 

"I'm proud of the excellent patent portfolio that we have built for efficient lithium-ion battery recycling and, in addition, a significant underlying value of American Manganese," said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. "This patent was first issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on June 5, 2019, which was only 81 days from the initial filing date. From our internal review of all issued patents by the US Patent Office, we indicated that our patent was the fastest issued patent under the Chemistry of Inorganic Compounds classification."

A summary and reference to each national phase patent application are summarized below:

86f03c8b0dd5ee62a6b322030b73d456.gif

About American Manganese Inc.

American Manganese Inc. is a critical metals company focused on the recycling of lithium-ion batteries with the RecycLiCo™ patented process. The RecycLiCo™ patented process was developed to offer a closed-loop and environmentally friendly solution for the recycling of cathode materials used in lithium-ion batteries. The recycling process provides high extraction and purity of cathode metals, such as lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and aluminum. The RecycLiCo™ process was designed with the goal to produce recycled battery products that could be seamlessly and directly integrated into the re-manufacturing of battery cathodes using minimal processing steps.

On behalf of Management

Larry W. Reaugh

President and Chief Executive Officer

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, Hefeweizen said:

I haven’t taken a beating like this in a while.  I am just not checking my portfolio until January.  That will fix it.

I continue to check stock quotes as obsessively as always, but I refuse to look at my account because I'm not that much of a masochist.  Am still keeping the faith with IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

I continue to check stock quotes as obsessively as always, but I refuse to look at my account because I'm not that much of a masochist.  Am still keeping the faith with IBRX, UUUU, & AMYZF.  

Right there with you.  Just with a lot less skin left.

11 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:
652b46cf0b7142dcac7a2a6cf1fa2af5.jpeg

News Release - December 3, 2021

American Manganese Files National Phase Patent Applications for the RecycLiCo Lithium-ion Battery Recycling Process

Applications Filed into National Phase for Europe, South Korea, Canada, India, Australia, Japan, and China to Strengthen Patent Portfolio

December 3, 2021 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTCQB: AMYZF | FSE: 2AM

American Manganese Inc. ("AMY" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the filing of National Phase Patent Applications (NPPA) to further strengthen the Company's patent portfolio. The Company's original PCT Application No. PCT/US/2020/021888 was filed with the World Intellectual Property Organization and is now filed into the national phase for Europe, South Korea, Canada, India, Australia, Japan, and China.

The patent within the NPPA is the second invention contained in the Company's RecycLiCo battery recycling process. The patent encompasses novel process functions that further enhance the RecycLiCo process and expand the processing capability for various waste battery input materials.

These process functions and their benefits to the battery industry include:

• The recovery of graphite and treatment of black mass material originating from the mechanical size reduction of end-of-life lithium-ion batteries.

Bloomberg is projecting 56 million passenger electric vehicles sales worldwide in 2040, and the need to recycle the trailing volume of end-of-life batteries will be a certainty. Therefore, black mass is expected to be the most common input material for hydrometallurgical processing, and significant demand for advanced and efficient processing of black mass material will be required. The RecycLiCo process presents a significant opportunity to reintroduce these critical battery materials back into the supply chain.

• The treatment of fluoride originating from the lithium-ion battery electrolyte. 

The electrolyte is a highly toxic and hazardous lithium-ion battery material found in some black mass materials. If not treated, it could lead to complications in downstream recycling functions and environmental damage. 

• The separation of aluminum from cathode active material in battery manufacturing scrap. 

Lithium-ion battery manufacturing includes coating cathode active material containing lithium, nickel, manganese, and cobalt to an aluminum foil to form the cathode electrode. This manufacturing process can result in off-spec cathodes that are scrapped as waste, which the RecycLiCo process can treat to produce high-quality cathode materials for battery re-manufacturing. 

"I'm proud of the excellent patent portfolio that we have built for efficient lithium-ion battery recycling and, in addition, a significant underlying value of American Manganese," said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. "This patent was first issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office on June 5, 2019, which was only 81 days from the initial filing date. From our internal review of all issued patents by the US Patent Office, we indicated that our patent was the fastest issued patent under the Chemistry of Inorganic Compounds classification."

A summary and reference to each national phase patent application are summarized below:

86f03c8b0dd5ee62a6b322030b73d456.gif

About American Manganese Inc.

American Manganese Inc. is a critical metals company focused on the recycling of lithium-ion batteries with the RecycLiCo™ patented process. The RecycLiCo™ patented process was developed to offer a closed-loop and environmentally friendly solution for the recycling of cathode materials used in lithium-ion batteries. The recycling process provides high extraction and purity of cathode metals, such as lithium, cobalt, nickel, manganese, and aluminum. The RecycLiCo™ process was designed with the goal to produce recycled battery products that could be seamlessly and directly integrated into the re-manufacturing of battery cathodes using minimal processing steps.

On behalf of Management

Larry W. Reaugh

President and Chief Executive Officer

Am I missing something here? It doesn't make me get overly excited - unless something is different in Canada - as filing for a patent is totally different than having been granted a patent...

Unless this means that since the patent was approved in the US already and just being registered/filed in those other countries just to get the existing patent recognized there.   

(I had my name on a patent application a few years ago but it was eventually rejected by the US Patent office 5-7 years later...)

1 hour ago, Grimas said:

Am I missing something here? It doesn't make me get overly excited - unless something is different in Canada - as filing for a patent is totally different than having been granted a patent...

Unless this means that since the patent was approved in the US already and just being registered/filed in those other countries just to get the existing patent recognized there.   

(I had my name on a patent application a few years ago but it was eventually rejected by the US Patent office 5-7 years later...)

It shows that they made international filings in the countries indicated.  You are correct that the filing of patents outside the US is no more significant than the filing of patents in the US:  it means nothing until it's granted.  Some of those countries, notably Canada, will "rubber stamp" the US grant and issue a Canadian patent forthwith.  Most of the rest won't, especially Europe and Japan.

Also, kind of amusing that they are barking about the speed of grant of the US Patent.  That only increases the likelihood that the patent is invalid.  Of particular note is their filing at the European Patent Office.  The EPO is generally regarded as conducting more thorough and "accurate" searches than the USPTO.  There's a decent probability that the search result from the EPO could cast doubt on the validity of the US patent.

And, of course, just because a patent is granted in the US or anywhere else doesn't mean the patent covers anything commercially valuable.  Eleven million US patents have been granted in the last 150 years (and more before that).  Maybe 100,000 of them covered anything valuable enough to be imitated and sued over.

Wall Street, and even Silicon Valley, have been dolts about patents for decades, for the most part.  Some specialized ibankers have become pretty savvy about them in the last 10-20 years.

Edited by TwiceHorn