Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Are any of UUUU dumping this pump, or holding & waiting for $10, $15, $20,???

With Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, I believe there will be a decoupling of the global economy. Countries that have been dependent on other countries with autocratic governments will begin to move away from any reliance they have on those countries. As this pertains to Energy Fuels, I think the US will move away from relying on Russia for uranium and move away from relying on China for rare earths. UUUU is extremely well positioned to take advantage of that shift in US policy.  Have 25,000 shares of UUUU @ avg cost of $5.28 and will maintain that position for several years.  The only way I sell it earlier is if there’s a spike in the price of uranium as there was in 2007 & 2011 and we get a corresponding spike in the price of  UUUU in the $40-$50 range.  I also have an alert set for $7.50 and will buy 11,000 additional shares of UUUU should it reach that price.  Will trade this position on two and three point swings on the way up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

With Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, I believe there will be a decoupling of the global economy. Countries that have been dependent on other countries with autocratic governments will begin to move away from any reliance they have on those countries. As this pertains to Energy Fuels, I think the US will move away from relying on Russia for uranium and move away from relying on China for rare earths. UUUU is extremely well positioned to take advantage of that shift in US policy.  Have 25,000 shares of UUUU @ avg cost of $5.28 and will maintain that position for several years.  The only way I sell it earlier is if there’s a spike in the price of uranium as there was in 2007 & 2011 and we get a corresponding spike in the price of  UUUU in the $40-$50 range.  I also have an alert set for $7.50 and will buy 11,000 additional shares of UUUU should it reach that price.  Will trade this position on two and three point swings on the way up.  

Since we have recently observed, pretty much every day, that the after hours market and pre-opening trades are a direct indicator of stock/stonk movements; I thought I should point out that UUUU is currently up $0.21 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

DE55CEA9-757C-4287-933B-62DB019458FD.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

EOSE gets north of $4.40 and we should have a run to $6.

Thanks for the tip! I know you were waiting for it to get higher, but $4.20 was the perfect amount of high for me and I exited at a 19% gain after holding for 9 days. Easy money. Now to blow it on lone stars and tacos at SXSW.

• Like 1

https://theconversation.com/russias-energy-clout-doesnt-just-come-from-oil-and-gas-its-also-a-key-nuclear-supplier-179444

If this article is accurate (I dont profess to know enough to determine that), Russia's strategic role in global uranium markets comes largely from enriching mined uranium ore, rather than from mining the ore itself, where they have less than 5% of the global supply. It seems that western nations (Canada, Australia, even the US) could probably easily make up for Russia's share of uranium ore, as proven reserves become profitable at today's prices. But all the uranium ore in the world is useless if you are constrained by enrichment bottlenecks. 

However, much of the milled uranium from Kazakhstan travels through Russia before it is exported to global markets. Other parts of the supply chain also route through Russia. Only a handful of facilities in the world convert milled uranium into uranium hexafluoride; Russia produced approximately one-third of the 2020 supply, much of it made with uranium from Kazakhstan.

Russia also has 43% of the global enrichment capacity, followed by Europe (about 33%), China (16%) and the U.S. (7%). There is some spare capacity in the U.S. and Europe, and China is expanding.

The price of the uranium is going to do what its going to do, but is the real opportunity here in replacing Russia's role in the enrichment process rather than just mining the stuff? It seems the only enrichment facility in the US is owned by Urenco, which is not a US company, and they don't appear to be publicly traded. Anyone know much about the "downstream" (shitty O&G analogy) part of global uranium supply? 

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://theconversation.com/russias-energy-clout-doesnt-just-come-from-oil-and-gas-its-also-a-key-nuclear-supplier-179444

If this article is accurate (I dont profess to know enough to determine that), Russia's strategic role in global uranium markets comes largely from enriching mined uranium ore, rather than from mining the ore itself, where they have less than 5% of the global supply. It seems that western nations (Canada, Australia, even the US) could probably easily make up for Russia's share of uranium ore, as proven reserves become profitable at today's prices. But all the uranium ore in the world is useless if you are constrained by enrichment bottlenecks. 

The price of the uranium is going to do what its going to do, but is the real opportunity here in replacing Russia's role in the enrichment process rather than just mining the stuff? It seems the only enrichment facility in the US is owned by Urenco, which is not a US company, and they don't appear to be publicly traded. Anyone know much about the "downstream" (shitty O&G analogy) part of global uranium supply? 

i dont think the us wants to do it because the environment, and the west in general. Its cheaper to buy from russia etc. I think canada has some companies. Check Cameco, its publicly traded on the TSX.

Sorry for shittin typying, I broke my right hand am in a cast.

39 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

i dont think the us wants to do it because the environment, and the west in general. Its cheaper to buy from russia etc. I think canada has some companies. Check Cameco, its publicly traded on the TSX.

Sorry for shittin typying, I broke my right hand am in a cast.

If i have more time, maybe I'll dig into it, but a quick dive looking for US companies involved with enrichment didn't yield much. Did stumble across Centrus (symbol LEU)

We provide value to our utility customers through the reliability and diversity of our supply sources of enriched uranium – helping them meet the growing need for clean, affordable, carbon-free electricity. Centrus has a long-term order book extending through 2030 and continues to innovate so that we can help our customers reduce their fuel costs with products and services tailored to their requirements. Centrus also has world-leading expertise in uranium handling, nuclear fuel design, and criticality, and is working collaboratively with the advanced reactor community to develop next-generation nuclear fuel.

Centrus has designed, manufactured, and successfully operated the world’s most advanced gas centrifuge enrichment technology, the American Centrifuge, which has undergone rigorous testing by the Department of Energy and is available for national security deployment. Restoring America’s capability to enrich uranium with a domestic technology is critical to meeting long-term national security requirements, such as supplying fuel for the U.S. Navy and providing a source of tritium — which is necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the nuclear deterrent. U.S. treaty obligations and longstanding nonproliferation policies prohibit the use of foreign uranium or foreign technology for these purposes.

They had quite the spike in November (along with all the uranium stocks) but dont seem to have rebounded with this recent surge. May have to look into why that is: 

image.thumb.png.cae6fd590f58e05e7b4c9c80a0a28116.png

Market cap of ~$500 million about ~$300 million in revenue for 2021 and net income of ~$175 million. With any of these companies involved in nuclear, there's probably a million reasons you want to avoid. But the price spike in November and the fact its trading well below that 52 week high does warrant a second look. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4480399-centrus-new-energy-and-the-massive-order-book-make-the-stock-a-buy

This article does a decent job of identifying risk and requires some additional reading up on the topic, but I am intrigued about the potential enrichment "deficit"

Edit - here's another article on the topic and it seems to indicate that while Centrus has a lot of customers buying enriched uranium, they source most of it from Russia. They cant resell what they cant buy... Does look like they have some interesting longer term prospects with HALEU fuel for next generation reactors. 

https://www.shovel-stocks.com/post/silex-systems-3rd-generation-laser-uranium-enrichment-technology-asx-slx 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1

$IOVA

cancer (melanoma) biotech company. Trading at $16.xx today and there was 4000 calls on the April $25 strike.  That caught Jon Najarian’s eye and he mentioned it on CNBC during the “unusual options volume” segment.   By the end of the day, 20k+ calls on that strike traded.   It is an interesting b/o candidate.   I bought 20 April calls on the $30 strike for .34 just to see.   Maybe I’ll hit this one.   Let’s go big Pharma, buy them out!!!!!

10 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Dumped TLRY yesterday morning to free up some capital, then legalization bill hits the House floor in the afternoon, stonk up 40%. FML...

I once dumped 12k to average down on Sanchez Energy and it went backrumpt soooo

I was going to correct backrumpt but I think im just going to leave it and pretend it is the german version of bankrupt

Edited by ATexanAbroad

19 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Dumped TLRY yesterday morning to free up some capital, then legalization bill hits the House floor in the afternoon, stonk up 40%. FML...

17 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yeaaaa may have hit CLVR at noon….

TLRY up 23% on the day, I'm still down 63% in my position.

CLVR up 143% on the day, I'm still down 71%.

I may have entered these positions a little too soon and then didn't DCA.

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

EOSE has support at 4 and again at 3.80.  If those hold, then, this is a corrective move and 6 is still a reasonable upside target.  If they fail, it could retrace all the way back to 3-3.20.  Holding 11,500 shares of EOSE @ 3.10.  No guts, no glory.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886nqwv3tj27lg5v556mf

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

EOSE has support at 4 and again at 3.80.  If those hold, then, this is a corrective move and 6 is still a reasonable upside target.  If they fail, it could retrace all the way back to 3-3.20.  Holding 11,500 shares of EOSE @ 3.10.  No guts, no glory.

I was cowardly and sold at 4.5 with a 50 percent gain.  I’ll jump back in at near 3 if it gets there…

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

I was cowardly and sold at 4.5 with a 50 percent gain.  I’ll jump back in at near 3 if it gets there…

Nice trade. No one ever went broke taking a profit.  If EOSE rebounds to $6, I’ll sell and look like a genius.   If it retraces to the low 3’s, I’ll simply hold my position as I believe the company has a great future and the stock will revisit $6 in the next few months.  Re:  UUUU, the ppo has turned down and the pmo is about to do the same.  20 day ema is at $9.10.  If it fails, the 50 day EMA is at $8.30. If that fails, the 200 day is at $7.26.  So, the opportunity to take a trading position in UUUU sub $8 is a real possibility.  Am continuing to hold 25,000 shares of UUUU with a cost basis of $5.28 as a long term position

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, ATexanAbroad said:

Im just going to start selling it at 10.50 and then buying it back at 10.15 and let that repeat

Move the decimal to the left one spot and that's what I did with a car part manufacturer back in the depths of the GFC.  Little fucker would got down to 1.00 - 1.05 then bounce up to 1.20 in a couple of weeks.  I did this back and forth about three times, all good.  Next time I got in at 1.05 and a couple of days later it shot up to 1.40.  Dumbass me wasn't asking any questions and sold the fuck out right there.  Six months later it was at $25.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Move the decimal to the left one spot and that's what I did with a car part manufacturer back in the depths of the GFC.  Little fucker would got down to 1.00 - 1.05 then bounce up to 1.20 in a couple of weeks.  I did this back and forth about three times, all good.  Next time I got in at 1.05 and a couple of days later it shot up to 1.40.  Dumbass me wasn't asking any questions and sold the fuck out right there.  Six months later it was at $25.

fuck my dick that is a kick in the guts....but I would imagine that 90%+ of the time they dollar stocks go to zero

5 hours ago, ATexanAbroad said:

fuck my dick that is a kick in the guts....but I would imagine that 90%+ of the time they dollar stocks go to zero

Sad thing is, the reason I bought it in the first place is they had something like $4 / share cash on hand and no debt.  Double dumbassedry on my part.