Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

58 minutes ago, ATexanAbroad said:

ALPP cratered and he ran and hid

I've DMd him a couple of times, he bailed long before stonks went to shit. He said he'd cashed out a good chunk and was holding on to quite a few shares still. I'm pretty sure his entry point was below 5 cents, maybe when it was truly in the penny range

What happened to RC Ranger, the Sultan of Stonks and the Prince of the Pink Sheets?

Someone on a different investment board doxxed him and sent him threats when some stock picks went south. When he left, he said that was the reason he was no longer sharing stock picks online.
  • Rage+1 1

Speaking of ALPP, I noticed they released 2021 results a few weeks ago. Their aerospace business brought in $260K in revenue last year, establishing them as a dominant player in the drone segment. Its easy to see now why those acquisitions caused the stock to go from $.05 to $8.00+

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

@Harrison Stafford Any ideas on the rescheduling of the shareholder meeting?

Let me do some digging.  It might be tomorrow before I get back with you as I tested positive for Covid today and am not close to being on top of my game.  If the S&P should reach 3800, I do have an alert set and will use the remaining liquidity I have to buy more UUUU.  

I bailed on AMY at around $.57 earlier this month, which was right at my buy-in price from Jan 21. With no revenue and doubtful prospects of near term revenue, I figured it wasnt the kind of holding that will do well in this market, and I figured I'd at least get out with no losses  as it had rallied from the high .30's. That probably all but guarantees it will moon sometime in the near future. I'll keep an eye on it and consider getting back in if they ever seem like they want to get serious about turning their science projects into a profitable business. 

https://americanmanganeseinc.com/american-manganeses-recyclico-demonstration-plant-equipment-ready-for-commissioning/

Even a press release about the  commissioning of their demonstration plant includes no details about when it will actually be commissioned. Next month, next year, who knows? 11 years of press releases and stock issuance, and zero revenue nor any real guidance as to when they think they start generating revenue, hope to reach profitability etc.... Never owned stock in a company with less urgency.

My initial thought was negative on moving it back, but then I was thinking that if there's a 90 day commissioning period and the start was March 15th, then they would want time to evaluate and report the results of the commissioning which would end mid-June.

So it makes sense to push it so they can report the results.

Of course that would require good results to report.

But that's speculation with some wishcasting thrown in for good measure.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, HoustonHorn said:

@Harrison Stafford Any ideas on the rescheduling of the shareholder meeting?

The final design for Italvolt’s battery gigafactory in Scarmagno is expected to be submitted by June 2022 in order to receive construction permits by early 2023, for production to start in 2024.  Perhaps, AMY has pushed back the meeting to wait for this submission as they’ll be mentioned as one of the partners?  Just spitballing.

The final design for Italvolt’s battery gigafactory in Scarmagno is expected to be submitted by June 2022 in order to receive construction permits by early 2023, for production to start in 2024.  Perhaps, AMY has pushed back the meeting to wait for this submission as they’ll be mentioned as one of the partners?  Just spitballing.
Yeah, that would make sense. That would be big to announce that and the successful results of the commission and testing.

On 5/13/2022 at 4:58 PM, chikin23 said:

Any of you guys hanging on to ALPP? As is par for the course on my stonks journey, I got in a little late and then it fell off the cliff. Now, I just sit here holding the bag waiting for it to go back up.

I've been more critical of ALPP than most on  this board and have advised selling for awhile. The one near-ish term issue I would keep an eye on is the stock price as it relates to the Nasdaq minimum listing requirement ($1). Once a stock stays below that for 30 days, it  triggers the Nasdaq delisting process, although that can take awhile to play out as the Nasdaq grants 90 or 180 days to regain listing requirements. I'll be honest, I'm not an expert on this so there may be some loopholes I'm not aware of that keep ALPP from being in danger of delisting.

But it does bring up the possibility of a reverse stock split at some point in the next year, which I think would be brutal on ALPP price. So pay attention to comments by management of how they intend to address that scenario if they receive notification.

The NASDAQ noncompliance process can take a really long time due to all the extensions they can receive, but it’s almost always a death sentence for shareholders. Survival mode usually means empty promises, multiple offerings, and eventually scraping the bottom of the barrel before performing the reverse split. Once they begin this cycle, it most often just repeats itself. 

Better than bad news. AMYZF

Spoiler

American Manganese Delivers NMC-811 Cathode Precursor from Recycled Lithium-ion Battery Material

MAY 17, 2022
American Manganese Delivers NMC-811 Cathode Precursor from Recycled Lithium-ion Battery Material
  • NMC-811 cathode precursor delivered to active collaborators in North America, Europe, and Asia
  • Recycled material to be third-party analyzed and battery performance tested
  • Internal analysis indicates product specifications are within desired industry ranges
  • NMC-811 cathode precursor recycled and upcycled from electric vehicle black mass

American Manganese Inc. (“AMY” or the “Company“), a pioneer in advanced and environmentally friendly lithium-ion battery cathode recycling-upcycling, is pleased to provide an update on its technology and partnership development strategy.

American Manganese has produced and delivered NMC-811 (nickel manganese cobalt oxide) cathode precursor material samples to its active third-party collaborators in North America, Europe, and Asia. The feedstock material for the cathode precursor was black mass originating from waste electric vehicle batteries. 

The cathode precursor is a high-value and specifically engineered material that commonly contains nickel, cobalt, and manganese, which turns into a cathode with the addition of lithium. The cathode precursor material will be independently analyzed and built into battery cells to benchmark against cathode precursors from virgin mined materials. AMY’s internal analysis indicates that the cathode precursor specifications are within desired industry ranges.

“We are maintaining an active collaboration with players in the growing battery industry with our continuous lab-scale research, while we work in parallel to prepare our demonstration plant for scaled-up and continuous operation,” said Larry Reaugh, President and CEO of American Manganese. “We believe our lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technology enables a circular solution for the battery supply chain, and we aim to strengthen our relationship with the various collaborators.”

Edited by KYHorn

Spy may hit 381 tomorrow! My trailing stop losses are very helpful on days like today. So it's gonna bounce at 381 right? I'm nervous it's gonna be one of those days where it hits 381 and then the bears and bulls fight at 384 the rest of the day and we won't know until like 30 seconds before close whether we are gonna go lower or higher the next week or 6. Not sure what to do here. 

2 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

Spy may hit 381 tomorrow! My trailing stop losses are very helpful on days like today. So it's gonna bounce at 381 right? I'm nervous it's gonna be one of those days where it hits 381 and then the bears and bulls fight at 384 the rest of the day and we won't know until like 30 seconds before close whether we are gonna go lower or higher the next week or 6. Not sure what to do here. 

That's why sometimes having a trailing stop is for people that don't like their money.    You place a trailing stop at a set amount because you refuse to lose less.  Placing it that far below current pricing will oftentimes convince folks to get back in the market at an additional 5% down, only to see that get wiped out an additional bunch.   Keeping tight stops gets you out on intra-day volatility.  Keeping long stops will wipe out years of gains if you don't re-invest at the bottom properly.  

3 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

That's why sometimes having a trailing stop is for people that don't like their money.    You place a trailing stop at a set amount because you refuse to lose less.  Placing it that far below current pricing will oftentimes convince folks to get back in the market at an additional 5% down, only to see that get wiped out an additional bunch.   Keeping tight stops gets you out on intra-day volatility.  Keeping long stops will wipe out years of gains if you don't re-invest at the bottom properly.  

what kind of fucking idiot does trailing stop losses that arent tight?

16 hours ago, Incredulity said:

Melvin Capital shutting down.

the autists won

The autists that got in  and out of the trade early won. Plenty more still HODLing GME at prices north of $200 waiting for that inevitable short squeeze. Any day now.....to the moon!

Had planned to sink….no, Iet’s not use the word “sink”….Had planned to “use” my remaining capital to buy UUUU when the S&P got close to 3800 as I think the market holds somewhere in this area.  However, I’ve changed my mind and plan to save the bullets in case we don’t hold.  Don’t want to be fully invested if this ain’t the floor.  Did like the news yesterday about UUUU buying monazite deposits in South America.  

• Like 1

Read something interesting on cnbc. The past 3 bear markets where we didn't have a recession the drop was on average 21%. Which we hit today. The past 3 bear markets where we did have a recession average drop was over 40%. Economists still saying recession in 2023 so today may have been the bottom for the year. I guess we will see. I took a smaller position at 380.75 spy and it hit. I may kick myself if I was so close to the bottom for the year and didn't put in more. Oh well. Spy 370 has resistance there as well and that is my next buy in price. 

Edited by UTGrad98
380 not 480

I’m hiding from stocks. Because stocks have hurt me. Since 3/31 I’m down 90%. Diamond handing like a fucking retard. I went all in on 9/30 spy calls. Now they are all worthless. Please spy, go back up to 460….

On 3/31 I was up and we’ll positioned for a strong April earnings season. Sucks bad. Wife still wants to take her vacation, county still wants their property taxes….but nobody wants to give me my spy 460

Same bro,  my stonk portofolio is down about 70%.  Granted they were all aggressive plays.  My hope was one would hit and I would potentially have big gains.  So far, just keeps nose diving,  I went into with the mindset to at I’m gambling with the money but looking back, I should have just taken a nice ass vacation instead haha