Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Looking at some Oct $10 calls on it.  

That's a decent bet, BUT we're dealing with the FDA which is govt and they can screw bigtime with timelines.  Having said that, the biotech sector appears to be rebounding as LABU (3x biotech ETF) has more than doubled in sp since mid-June.  Should the sector continue to rebound, your calls will make you money even if the FDA hasn't made a decision.  Compare a chart of LABU and IBRX.  The moves are damn near identical.  Of course, if the FDA has given the thumbs up before your calls expire, you'll be in high cotton.  As I said, it's a decent bet, IMHO.

On 6/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, KYHorn said:

Fwiw for you UUUU people, I spoke with a family member who is very high up in an investment bank about uranium. He said the dirty secret is that many of the western countries, USA included, are quietly discouraging further nuclear power development because the waste product can be developed into plutonium to be used by others for nuclear weapons. These countries are concerned that the buildup of nuclear waste around the world will make it easier for adversarial countries to acquire nuclear weapons. Dunno how accurate this is, but he generally knows exactly what he's talking about. 

image.thumb.png.4da3cb85052ef81af9da8692e0d361a2.png

I’m going to stay with the other side of that trade.  Holding 30,000 shares of UUUU at avg cost of 5.64.

On 7/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, Blotto said:

Just noticed this announcement:

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/the-sec-approves-single-stock-leveraged-and-inverse-etfs

That's just what the market needed, lulz. They gonna let us buy options on these fuckers, too? 

Degenerates GIF - Degenerate Gambling Gambler - Discover & Share GIFs

On 7/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, Trey3216 said:

No GameStop?!!  Fuck that

Hole Lee Fuck
Why not just let people play financial Russian roulette?
Oh wait, that is exactly what this is doing.
Christ on a crutch, this is as stupid as letting me trade options.

The fuck around and find out emoji has never been more apropos

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

Bot a good amount of Twtr today. Have read a couple of good legal analyses that feel strongly Elon will be held to 54.20 buyout price. 

Trial in October. Would be 37% gain from current price. 

Good luck.
Trial could drag on for a while, though Delaware seems to try to be pretty quick.
It will be interesting if Elon tries to settle for a lower price, a higher break up fee or to pay lawyers for a shit-ton of hours.

5 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

EOSE +.30 to 2.38.  Holding 33,900 shares at an avg cost of 2.44.

2.55-2.65 is near term resistance.  EOSE needs to break into the resistance.  If so, 3.85ish is the next overhead target and will consider trading some of my position when it reaches there and hold the rest.  EOSE has 21% of the float sold short with 8 days to cover.  This can move up muy rapido.

9 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Good luck.
Trial could drag on for a while, though Delaware seems to try to be pretty quick.
It will be interesting if Elon tries to settle for a lower price, a higher break up fee or to pay lawyers for a shit-ton of hours.

From what I’ve read, he signed a pretty iron clad merger agreement, but  I’m not a lawyer. The court is clearly considering making it go through.

Musk may have stepped in it here. He tends to think he can do whatever he wants (see: SEC) but the thinking is that this is corporate contractual law in a jurisdiction that takes that very seriously. It’s their thing. 

The market is skeptical. They believe Elon is Teflon. We’ll see. 

30 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

From what I’ve read, he signed a pretty iron clad merger agreement, but  I’m not a lawyer. The court is clearly considering making it go through.

Musk may have stepped in it here. He tends to think he can do whatever he wants (see: SEC) but the thinking is that this is corporate contractual law in a jurisdiction that takes that very seriously. It’s their thing. 

The market is skeptical. They believe Elon is Teflon. We’ll see. 

If it goes to trial, Elon could win in a big way to be honest.  Once Twitter has to publicly provide detailed percentages of bots and duplicate accounts under actual discovery, he may get the damn thing for $24/share.  

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

If it goes to trial, Elon could win in a big way to be honest.  Once Twitter has to publicly provide detailed percentages of bots and duplicate accounts under actual discovery, he may get the damn thing for $24/share.  

My understanding is there’s nothing that has to be proven. There’s no stipulation about bots or not. It’s a signed contract. Twitter is claiming that more damage has been done to the company from Musk’s behavior and voiding the deal than $1B penalty so it should be closed as agreed upon. I tend to agree, obviously. 

16 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

My understanding is there’s nothing that has to be proven. There’s no stipulation about bots or not. It’s a signed contract. Twitter is claiming that more damage has been done to the company from Musk’s behavior and voiding the deal than $1B penalty so it should be closed as agreed upon. I tend to agree, obviously. 

A contract can’t cover every specific detail. You can can bet there was broad language about misrepresentation which is what Musk will claim. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

A contract can’t cover every specific detail. You can can bet there was broad language about misrepresentation which is what Musk will claim. 

Sure, but the judge will also presumably not just ignore the fact that Elon specifically waived due diligence. Yes Twitter may have understated bot count to a significant degree but it's not like Elon didn't have ample opportunity to review before offer. I am not even a TV lawyer, let alone real one, but wouldn't be surprised if this placed much more of the burden on Elon than on Twitter.

4 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

This post is going to age like fine milk.  

Given the expedited trial date setting Skadden may be buying those 55 gallon lube drums in Amazon for Musk.

3 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Yes Twitter may have understated bot count to a significant degree but it's not like Elon didn't have ample opportunity to review before offer. I am not even a TV lawyer, let alone real one, but wouldn't be surprised if this placed much more of the burden on Elon than on Twitter.

ciwZcXzqlKqvJ6T3indU=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r

5 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

The example I’ve seen cited was Dow Chemical. They were forced by the Delaware court to close an acquisition even after their funding for the deal was lost via another deal breaking down. They had to get creative with financing to pony up $18B in 2009. Evidently it all depends on how tight the contract is, and supposedly Elon/Twitter is pretty tight. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/dow-rohm-lawsuit-idUKN0350096220090203

18 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

2.55-2.65 is near term resistance.  EOSE needs to break into the resistance.  If so, 3.85ish is the next overhead target and will consider trading some of my position when it reaches there and hold the rest.  EOSE has 21% of the float sold short with 8 days to cover.  This can move up muy rapido.

2.75 now… let’s see if we can contribute to the shorts misery?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Hefeweizen said:

2.75 now… let’s see if we can contribute to the shorts misery?

2.88 now.  The price has moved up through the 20 and 50day EMA.  20 day is crossing up through the 50 day.  All good.  The declining 200 day is at 5.10 which coincides with the late March high.  Have an alert set at 3.80 to reevaluate EOSE when it reaches that tp.  Holding 33,900 shares at avg cost of 2.44.

SNAP with another bang-up earnings release. Even factoring in the 25% drop in the after hours market, this POS will still have a market cap of around $20 billion.

image.thumb.png.8a7e5ef1430c648007605d512bb91ca2.png

Shit like this tells me the Nasdaq still has plenty of fat to cut. 

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

SNAP with another bang-up earnings release. Even factoring in the 25% drop in the after hours market, this POS will still have a market cap of around $20 billion.

image.thumb.png.8a7e5ef1430c648007605d512bb91ca2.png

Shit like this tells me the Nasdaq still has plenty of fat to cut. 

I'll never forget listening to an interview with their idiot CEO/Founder trying to explain away another quarter of absolutely hemorrhaging money by saying "People really enjoy sending pics/videos of themselves with dog/cat faces".   It was absolutely hilarious.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I'll never forget listening to an interview with their idiot CEO/Founder trying to explain away another quarter of absolutely hemorrhaging money by saying "People really enjoy sending pics/videos of themselves with dog/cat faces".   It was absolutely hilarious.  

Dont forget these bad boys

image.png.a505091307dc4ac46aad48a71638bee2.png

A company founded to send dick pics, and they plateaued at a $130 billion market cap last September. I get it, the VC's and investment banks will keep taking these shitheaps public as long as the profits are there. PT Barnum indicates that trend isn't going to change. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

Pallone Announces New Manufacturing Design Facility and Jobs at Clean Energy Storage Company in New Jersey

Eos
July 25, 2022  
Press Release 
Facility Will Add 25 Additional Jobs

Edison, NJ – Congressman Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ-06) today unveiled a new manufacturing design facility with Eos Energy Enterprises in Edison. Located at Eos’ corporate headquarters in Edison, the Eos Ingenuity Lab will provide the space and resources to continue evolving Eos’ zinc battery technology as it helps accelerates the nation’s transition to clean energy. The lab will focus on expanding the company’s research and development capacity for future generations of new battery technology and will help forge a path toward rapid development of its energy storage systems. 

“New Jersey is confronting the climate crisis with new, cutting-edge battery technology that is creating clean energy jobs right here at home,” said Pallone. “I am immensely proud that Eos calls Edison home and is leading the way on energy storage technology that will help us accelerate the transition to clean energy. These innovations will ensure both our economy and our energy infrastructure are ready to meet the challenges of the future.”

“The launch of the Ingenuity Lab underscores our commitment to building the energy storage solutions of the future,” said Joe Mastrangelo, Chief Executive Officer of Eos. “We have always prioritized innovation and continuous improvement as part of our company identity, but to have a designated site where this can be fostered will help accelerate adoption of energy storage and its critical role in the renewable energy transition.”

Founded in 2008, Eos designs and manufactures state of the art zinc batteries – manufactured in the U.S. and designed to provide new energy storage options in an effort to accelerate the shift to clean energy. Pallone hosted Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm for a tour of the company in July 2021. 

Thanks to the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law Congressman Pallone helped pass into law, the Department of Energy announced earlier this year new programs to invest $3 billion to strengthen U.S. supply chains for advanced batteries. In 2021, DOE announced a new goal to reduce the cost of grid-scale, long duration energy storage by 90% within the decade that would help the United States reach 100% clean electricity by 2035. Long duration energy storage are systems that can store energy for more than 10 hours at a time and would support a low-cost, reliable, carbon-free electric grid. Cheaper and more efficient storage will make it easier to capture and store clean energy for use when energy generation is unavailable or lower than demand.

Is it a good thing when the Chair of the House Energy and Commerce Committee attends a company’s ribbon cutting?  Holding 32,900 shares of EOSE at avg cost of 2.44.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

In EOSE and sold my 4U.   I’ve increased my IBRX based on their submittal to the FDA.

The FDA gave IBRX a PDUFA date of May 23, 2023 for their bladder cancer drug.  So much for Fast Track and Breakthrough Therapy Designations.  It’s much superior to the current standard of care and had no adverse effects observed in their trials.  Fuck the FDA in general.

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The FDA gave IBRX a PDUFA date of May 23, 2023 for their bladder cancer drug.  So much for Fast Track and Breakthrough Therapy Designations.  It’s much superior to the current standard of care and had no adverse effects observed in their trials.  Fuck the FDA in general.

They can move faster than that, though, right?  It’s just the worst case date?