Surly #Stonks

Wally Fairway

47 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I wonder whether there would be interest in a more generalized investment thread discussion. I’ve gone down a rabbit hole on bond funds over the last few months and I think many folks would be interested in that discussion. Plus other retirement planning topics might be of interest. Any thoughts?

I’m always game.  

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I wonder whether there would be interest in a more generalized investment thread discussion. I’ve gone down a rabbit hole on bond funds over the last few months and I think many folks would be interested in that discussion. Plus other retirement planning topics might be of interest. Any thoughts?

So something that is about other 95%+ of my portfolio - sounds like a good idea.
I am an advocate of a relatively small amount in bonds (no more than 1 year expenses) and the rest in primarily SPY, BRK.B and a little in QQQ

• Hook 'Em 1

For those holding AMYZF, sure would be nice if something would start happening in first quarter 2023.

https://ceo.ca/@GlobeNewswire/recyclico-battery-materials-reviews-2022-highlights

SURREY, British Columbia, Dec. 15, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. ("RecycLiCo" or "Company"), formerly American Manganese Inc., a battery materials company focused on the development of novel lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technologies is pleased to review the following Company highlights from 2022.

Technology Highlights

• Commissioned the RecycLiCo Demonstration plant project, achieving successful processing of lithium-ion battery production scrap feedstock
  • Demonstration plant leach stage exceeded its design capacity, reaching 163% of the planned processing capacity of 500 kg/day of scrap feedstock
  • Scaled up demonstration plant testing demonstrated impressive leach extraction rates of over 99% for lithium, nickel, cobalt, and manganese
  • An independent Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) reported that RecycLiCo's methods have a lower environmental impact compared to other hydrometallurgical recycling and primary mine production
  • Achieved exceptional lithium recovery rates of over 99% from LFP (lithium iron phosphate) battery cathode material
  • Granted patents for lithium-ion battery recycling in Australia, China, and Canada in 2022
  • Received funding from the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance program to support a feasibility study on removal of high concentrations of fluoride from black mass

Business Highlights

• The Company received a range of production scrap and black mass feedstock from various sources to test in its hydrometallurgical process
  • Using this feedstock, the Company was able to produce high-quality battery material samples, such as lithium hydroxide, lithium carbonate, lithium sulfate, and cathode precursor materials for top-tier battery and cathode manufacturers, as well as lithium producers
  • C4V, an independent battery technology company, successfully used RecycLiCo's NMC811 cathode precursor material to assemble battery cells and validated the performance
  • Signed multiple Memorandum of Understandings (MOU) with undisclosed companies, under formal NDAs, to evaluate and develop strategic plans for commercial expansion
  • Cash on hand of approximately $20 million
  • Changed company name from American Manganese Inc. to RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc.
  • Increased business development presence and sponsorship at battery related events and conferences

RecycLiCo has made significant progress in 2022 with the successful establishment of its Demonstration plant project, providing a strong technical foundation for future expansion and accelerating towards commercial production. The company continues to expand its testing and optimization program to include a diverse range of battery waste feedstock, with the objective of showcasing its ability to produce high-purity cathode precursors and lithium chemicals at scale to potential strategic partners in the first quarter of 2023.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

So something that is about other 95%+ of my portfolio - sounds like a good idea.
I am an advocate of a relatively small amount in bonds (no more than 1 year expenses) and the rest in primarily SPY, BRK.B and a little in QQQ

full disclosure - the cash amount is related to risk tolerance and age.
I manage finances for my mother, who will be 90 in 2 weeks, and I have 5 years of expenses in cash and short-term interest bearing CD's/Treasuries, and the rest in SPY & BRK.B

• 3 weeks later...

i'm doing some low rent stonking in my IRA right now.  since you don't have to pay for short term gains there, i'm trying to see if i can just make money on volatility.  so far so good.  i chose 4 stocks, bought the same $$ of each, and put limits on them at 3% profit, repeat with another random stock each time a sale is executed.  i've done i think 7 trades.  after one month: i'm up 

raw

1px.png
326bb9da9b434cb3c2ec530adbec20fc.png

News Release - January 9, 2023

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Signs MOU with Sonid of South Korea

RecycLiCo and Sonid Look to Establish Commercial Battery Recycling-Upcycling Facility 

January 9, 2023 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

TSX-V: AMY | OTCQB: AMYZF | FSE: ID4

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc., ("RecycLiCo" or "the Company"), a battery materials company focused on the development of novel lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technologies, is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Korean electronics manufacturer, Sonid Inc. (“Sonid”). The MOU represents promising steps towards a potential commercial joint venture or technology licensing arrangement of RecycLiCo’s technology. 

The MOU outlines the strategic partnership and business framework for establishing a lithium-ion battery recycling facility. Both companies will leverage their strengths and engage in plans regarding the commercial collection, pretreatment, and hydrometallurgical processing of end-of-life batteries. This partnership represents an exciting opportunity for both companies to expand their operations and contribute to the sustainability of the lithium-ion battery supply chain. 

“RecycLiCo is a company with excellent lithium-ion battery recycling technology," said Choi Si-Myung, CEO of Sonid. "We are excited to work with them to bring this technology to the Korean market through a commercial joint venture or technology licensing arrangement. This partnership will allow us to increase the efficiency and sustainability of our operations, and we look forward to working with RecycLiCo to establish a lithium-ion battery recycling facility.” 

“The signing of this MOU marks the beginning of a potential partnership that could bring the RecycLiCo technology to commercial scale,” commented Zarko Meseldzija, CEO and Director of RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. “By coupling RecycLiCo’s innovative recycling-upcycling technology with Sonid’s commercial expertise, we are laying the foundation for a sustainable and efficient lithium-ion battery supply chain.” 

About Sonid Inc. 

Sonid Inc. is a Korea-based listed company KOSDAQ:A060230 principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of electronic materials. The Company operates its business through four segments. The Electronic Material segment is mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of optical clear resins (OCRs), resins, silver pastes, etchant and others. The Electronic Component segment is mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of near field communication (NFC) antennas and radio frequency identification (RFID) tags and others. The Real Estate segment is mainly engaged in the rental of non-residential buildings. The Other segment is mainly engaged in the electronic payment business and others (Website: http://www.sonid.co.kr). 

About RecycLiCo Battery Materials 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. is a battery materials company focused on recycling and upcycling lithium-ion battery waste. With minimal processing steps and up to 100% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the patented, closed-loop hydrometallurgical process creates valuable lithium-ion battery materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries. 

For more information, please contact:

Investor Services

Telephone: 778-574-4444

Email: InvestorServices@recyclico.com

• Hook 'Em 1

AMYZF has several MOU's out there.  Just need one to move on to a contract or JV offer.  Holding 150,000 shares of AMYZF @ .85.

Continue to hold 30,000 shares of UUUU @ 5.64, 32,900 shares of EOSE @ 2.44, 6,000 shares of GERN @ 3.19, 27,800 shares of IBRX @ 9.77, and 2,000 shares of RVPH @ 4.29.  These are stonks.  Buy now or regret later.

Edited by Harrison Stafford
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Harrison Stafford said:

AMYZF has several MOU's out there.  Just need one to move on to a contract or JV offer.  Holding 150,000 shares of AMYZF @ .85.

Continue to hold 30,000 shares of UUUU @ 5.64, 32,900 shares of EOSE @ 2.44, 6,000 shares of GERN @ 3.19, 27,800 shares of IBRX @ 9.77, and 2,000 shares of RVPH @ 4.29.  These are stonks.  Buy now or regret later.

I admire your honesty. Your stonk picking? Not so much. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I admire your honesty. Your stonk picking? Not so much. 

I'm early with these guys.  They're all in spaces with enormous upside and my money's where my mouth is.  Just have to tighten the belt, give it time, and let it happen.  Ooomm.  Be one with the universe.  Ooomm.

2 hours ago, Harrison Stafford said:
1px.png

News Release - January 9, 2023

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Signs MOU with Sonid of South Korea

RecycLiCo and Sonid Look to Establish Commercial Battery Recycling-Upcycling Facility 

January 9, 2023 - Surrey, B.C. Canada

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc., ("RecycLiCo" or "the Company"), a battery materials company focused on the development of novel lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technologies, is pleased to announce the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Korean electronics manufacturer, Sonid Inc. (“Sonid”). The MOU represents promising steps towards a potential commercial joint venture or technology licensing arrangement of RecycLiCo’s technology. 

The MOU outlines the strategic partnership and business framework for establishing a lithium-ion battery recycling facility. Both companies will leverage their strengths and engage in plans regarding the commercial collection, pretreatment, and hydrometallurgical processing of end-of-life batteries. This partnership represents an exciting opportunity for both companies to expand their operations and contribute to the sustainability of the lithium-ion battery supply chain. 

“RecycLiCo is a company with excellent lithium-ion battery recycling technology," said Choi Si-Myung, CEO of Sonid. "We are excited to work with them to bring this technology to the Korean market through a commercial joint venture or technology licensing arrangement. This partnership will allow us to increase the efficiency and sustainability of our operations, and we look forward to working with RecycLiCo to establish a lithium-ion battery recycling facility.” 

“The signing of this MOU marks the beginning of a potential partnership that could bring the RecycLiCo technology to commercial scale,” commented Zarko Meseldzija, CEO and Director of RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. “By coupling RecycLiCo’s innovative recycling-upcycling technology with Sonid’s commercial expertise, we are laying the foundation for a sustainable and efficient lithium-ion battery supply chain.” 

About Sonid Inc. 

Sonid Inc. is a Korea-based listed company KOSDAQ:A060230 principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of electronic materials. The Company operates its business through four segments. The Electronic Material segment is mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of optical clear resins (OCRs), resins, silver pastes, etchant and others. The Electronic Component segment is mainly engaged in the manufacture and sale of near field communication (NFC) antennas and radio frequency identification (RFID) tags and others. The Real Estate segment is mainly engaged in the rental of non-residential buildings. The Other segment is mainly engaged in the electronic payment business and others (Website: http://www.sonid.co.kr). 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. is a battery materials company focused on recycling and upcycling lithium-ion battery waste. With minimal processing steps and up to 100% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the patented, closed-loop hydrometallurgical process creates valuable lithium-ion battery materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries. 

For more information, please contact:

Investor Services

Telephone: 778-574-4444

Email: InvestorServices@recyclico.com

Obligatory 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

1px.png

News Release - January 12, 2023

Korean Cathode Manufacturer Reports Battery Cell Test Using RecycLiCo Cathode Precursor Material

RecycLiCo Cathode Precursor Outperforms Competing Recycled Material and Performs at the Level of Commercial Precursor Material

January 12, 2023 - Surrey, B.C. Canada 

RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc., ("RecycLiCo" or "the Company"), a battery materials company focused on the development of novel lithium-ion battery recycling and upcycling technologies, is excited to announce a significant milestone in its mission to revolutionize the lithium-ion battery recycling industry.

The Company’s recycled-upcycled precursor cathode active material (“Precursor”) has been successfully used by a Korean cathode manufacturer to create battery cells that demonstrate the same level of performance as commercial precursor material. Battery cell performance was validated using industry-standard metrics and benchmarked against multiple other recycled precursor and commercial precursor products.

The Korean cathode manufacturer reported that the battery cell using RecycLiCo’s recycled-upcycled NMC811 (nickel manganese cobalt oxide) precursor outperformed other recycled cathode precursor materials and performed at the level of commercial NMC811 precursor material. RecycLiCo’s commercial battery-quality precursor was produced directly from battery production scrap and black mass samples using the Company’s novel closed-loop RecycLiCo process.

“These results not only validate our technological lead but also showcase the potential of our strategic business model that enables potential cathode and battery manufacturer partners to reintegrate recycled battery-ready materials while gaining economic and environmental benefits,” commented Zarko Meseldzija, CEO and Director of RecycLiCo Battery Materials Inc. “We are excited to explore potential partnership opportunities and further advance technical due diligence with the Korean manufacturer as we push the boundaries of sustainability and innovation in the battery materials industry.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Anybody else fucking around with BBBY options this week?  With the massive chatter surrounding BBBY recently, yesterday I bought a handful  of $3.50C expiring 1/20 for $0.32 per contract. Just sold 1/3 of them at $2.25 to lock in some profit. I have no clue when to sell the rest as the "story" is all bullshit, so I guess I'll just hang on through the weekend and see how high the apes can push this thing.

I'm fully aware that BBBY is a shit company heading towards bankruptcy, but it was only a few hundred bucks and who knows maybe they can recreate that GME magic from a couple of years ago. 

image.png.0f3280da931c7009ca85e7d0350086eb.png

Edited by Blotto

20 hours ago, Blotto said:

Anybody else fucking around with BBBY options this week?  With the massive chatter surrounding BBBY recently, yesterday I bought a handful  of $3.50C expiring 1/20 for $0.32 per contract. Just sold 1/3 of them at $2.25 to lock in some profit. I have no clue when to sell the rest as the "story" is all bullshit, so I guess I'll just hang on through the weekend and see how high the apes can push this thing.

I'm fully aware that BBBY is a shit company heading towards bankruptcy, but it was only a few hundred bucks and who knows maybe they can recreate that GME magic from a couple of years ago. 

image.png.0f3280da931c7009ca85e7d0350086eb.png

Picked some up at $1.75 a few days ago.  Sold at $5.35 yesterday.  Not gonna make me rich, but it's nice to have a fat % return.

Edited by After irth

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Should have averaged down bro. I’m only down 35%. 

Oh I averaged down, but by the time it finally reached the bottom I couldn't justify putting more in. I actually think I'm in the 40% down range. Still hoping to see green again one day.

I have 200 sh of PLTR right now which trading at $6.88 ( total <$1400). Too embarrassed to tell you guys how much I bought these at.

Thinking to sell all and use all the money to buy 3 calls of $3 Jan 2025 at $4.65/each. To breakeven at expiry, price would need to be $7.65

What say you wisemen?

10 hours ago, Chapo said:

I have 200 sh of PLTR right now which trading at $6.88 ( total <$1400). Too embarrassed to tell you guys how much I bought these at.

Thinking to sell all and use all the money to buy 3 calls of $3 Jan 2025 at $4.65/each. To breakeven at expiry, price would need to be $7.65

What say you wisemen?

Unless you’re trying to create a tax event or own it in a retirement account, why wouldn’t you just buy more on margin? You could actually get more leverage and not pay the $0.87 premium, which is significantly more than your margin interest cost will be. 

To the moon?

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com/companies/news/1003809/recyclico-battery-materials-delivers-battery-grade-lithium-carbonate-and-lithium-hydroxide-samples-to-battery-manufacturers-in-japan-south-korea-1003809.html

Spoiler

RecycLiCo Battery Materials (TSX-V:AMY, OTCQB:AMYZF) Inc said it has delivered samples of its battery-grade lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide to battery manufacturers in Japan and South Korea. 

The companies, which are among the top manufacturers in the region, will conduct a technical review of the lithium products and explore potential business partnership opportunities with RecycLiCo. 

"We are excited to showcase our recycled lithium products to leading battery manufacturers in Japan and Korea,” said Zarko Meseldzija, CEO and director of RecycLiCo Battery Materials in a statement. 

“We believe that our products have the potential to make a significant impact on the lithium market and help address the growing demand for sustainable sources of this critical material," he added.

RecycLiCo's recycled lithium products are produced using a closed-loop process that recovers lithium from end-of-life batteries and battery production scrap.

The company's lithium products have been produced to the stringent purity standards of the battery industry without the use of conventional purification methods, making them a reliable and sustainable alternative to traditional sources of lithium.

RecycLiCo is committed to helping reduce the environmental impact of lithium mining and production. As validated by an independent Life Cycle Assessment, the company's recycled products use significantly less energy and water compared to traditional methods and generate meaningfully fewer greenhouse gas emissions.

"We are proud to be leading the way in the development of sustainable lithium products," noted Meseldzija. "We believe that our recycled lithium has the potential to play a key role in the transition to a low-carbon future."

RecycLiCo Battery Materials is a battery materials company focused on recycling and upcycling lithium-ion battery waste. With minimal processing steps and up to 100% extraction of lithium, cobalt, nickel, and manganese, the patented, closed-loop hydrometallurgical process creates valuable lithium-ion battery materials for direct integration into the re-manufacturing of new lithium-ion batteries.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Unless you’re trying to create a tax event or own it in a retirement account, why wouldn’t you just buy more on margin? You could actually get more leverage and not pay the $0.87 premium, which is significantly more than your margin interest cost will be. 

This is in Roth so no margin.  Anyway my brokerage, Schwab, is charging 10% margin.  

HMBL only down 96% over the past 12 months. I keep that absolute piece of shit in my 401k portfolio even though what's left is only worth like 70 bucks, just so I can laugh at how stupid that decision was to buy that turd.

At least I sold off some of it at a profit early on.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i have my first partial execution of an order.  i put in a sale price, it hit it to the penny, sold 2 of 150 shares, and then it dropped.  Feels kind of funny to sell 1% of my holdings of something.

I learned that lesson pretty quick, turns out each partial execution costs a trade, so my $5 in shares cost me $9.95 to trade. Will never make back that loss on the remaining $25 in shares! Now I always uncheck the "allow partial execution."

12 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

I learned that lesson pretty quick, turns out each partial execution costs a trade, so my $5 in shares cost me $9.95 to trade. Will never make back that loss on the remaining $25 in shares! Now I always uncheck the "allow partial execution."

I am trading on Schwab, so the fees a low - but it has been a while since I was trading in penny stonks so I forget the prices on those (and non-US companies - fucking Canada). But I found out that odd lot trading was a good way to lose money.

original_508547482.png

Red Cloud has a short term price of $11.70 for UUUU (Red Cloud Financial Services is a Canadian company and their price target of $15.60 is in Canadian currency). In the past month, the stock has moved from $6 to close today at $7.54.  Continue to hold 30,000 shares of UUUU @ 5.64, 32,900 shares of EOSE @ 2.44, 6,000 shares of GERN @ 3.19, 27,800 shares of IBRX @ 9.77, and 2,000 shares of RVPH @ 4.29.